World Tennis

• Djokovic is just unbelievably unbreakable.

There's no doubt in my mind he's the Tennis GOAT now after winning all surfaces for GS atleast 2x. :obey:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don’t believe in a GOAT, it’s difficult enough trying to decide between Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, let alone comparing them to guys who played with wooden rackets or even guys from the ‘90s when surfaces were more different than today.

Once again Djokovic proves what a champ he is as if anyone had any doubts about that. It’s just sad to see Tsitsipas fade so easily, the “next gen” are already like 23-25 and can play some great stuff yet they still seem physically and mentally unprepared for grand slam tennis.

• I don’t believe in a GOAT, it’s difficult enough trying to decide between Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, let alone comparing them to guys who played with wooden rackets or even guys from the ‘90s when surfaces were more different than today.

Once again Djokovic proves what a champ he is as if anyone had any doubts about that. It’s just sad to see Tsitsipas fade so easily, the “next gen” are already like 23-25 and can play some great stuff yet they still seem physically and mentally unprepared for grand slam tennis.

100% agree, find that story about GOAT kind of idiotic. As a tennis lover, I am really grateful that I had the opportunity to follow all three of them how they grow up and play and really write the history of this sport, at the same time. And also tennis has evolved so much as a sport, balls, rackets, technique, surfaces, generally the availability of information about players, ........., that the term GOAT really makes no sense. All the great players increased the limits in their time, maybe in that category Novak could be the winner but anyway I'm more Federer man in terms of style of play and general approach to the sport, I'm sure many are surprised, but no, I'm not Novak's fan.

• Well no one in tennis currently plays better than Nole when they are up against the Fedal crowd or any crowd that roots against him.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised with Djokovic's success.When he started becoming a threat to Fedal, the media and fans alike started disliking him. Winning 19 slams, recording 324 weeks at number 1 and counting, 2x career golden masters, 1x non-calendar year grand slam and 2x career slams in such a hostile environment probably means mental fortitude that is beyond human comprehension.

This is why I consider him my GOAT. Overcoming adversities and negative vibes from the crowd is psychologically something most athletes will never recover from and he did ALL THAT without THEM.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Well no one in tennis currently plays better than Nole when they are up against the Fedal crowd or any crowd that roots against him.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised with Djokovic's success.When he started becoming a threat to Fedal, the media and fans alike started disliking him. Winning 19 slams, recording 324 weeks at number 1 and counting, 2x career golden masters, 1x non-calendar year grand slam and 2x career slams in such a hostile environment probably means mental fortitude that is beyond human comprehension.

This is why I consider him my GOAT. Overcoming adversities and negative vibes from the crowd is psychologically something most athletes will never recover from and he did ALL THAT without THEM.

I like him as a player though not a fan in general (some of his off-court choices are just :aww:). Totally agree on him having had to develop mental toughness to succeed playing in the big stages that are dominated by the Fedal crowd time and time again.

He'll probably end up with the most grand slams of the big three when all is said and done. Although I hope he (and Fedal) can keep on playing for many more years.

Do you think he's the favorite for Tokyo? (Is he even playing? Are any of the top players? lol)

• I like him as a player though not a fan in general (some of his off-court choices are just :aww:). Totally agree on him having had to develop mental toughness to succeed playing in the big stages that are dominated by the Fedal crowd time and time again.

He'll probably end up with the most grand slams of the big three when all is said and done. Although I hope he (and Fedal) can keep on playing for many more years.

Do you think he's the favorite for Tokyo? (Is he even playing? Are any of the top players? lol)

I don't know is he a favourite, because when it comes to Davis Cup and OG, he is kind of unrecognizable player and victorious, but for sure the plan is that he will play at OG.

OTOH perhaps not so significant information, Lajovic has already announced that he will not play OG, after Wimbledon he will return on clay.

• The olympics are going to be messy.

I can see some players declining (a lot did in Rio bc of zika or whatever it was called)

A lot of players didnt like the conditions put on them in Australia or in Europe on the tour. (I think New York was fairly lenient last year)

• Yeah, the Olympics isn’t really that prestigious vs slams in terms of how tennis players see it

Mostly cause of the prize money (or lack of) Top athletes are always cautious cause of the risks for an event like this (especially when host countries aren't common for tennis). Like Brazil was hot and on hard courts (when Brazil/South america is known for their clay)

It really should be... I mean who doesnt want an olympic gold medal?

• Nadal announced he won’t play in Wimbledon & Tokyo OG “to prolong his career”. It’s quite a shock to me as he seems to be healthy this year, and I always thought he’d want another Olympic gold medal. The loss in Roland Garros must hurt him a lot so he decides to take a break from tennis.

• Nadal announced he won’t play in Wimbledon & Tokyo OG “to prolong his career”. It’s quite a shock to me as he seems to be healthy this year, and I always thought he’d want another Olympic gold medal. The loss in Roland Garros must hurt him a lot so he decides to take a break from tennis.

Tokyo is going to be a hard court tournament right?

He wants to save his knees

• The guy Djokovic is currently playing against can pass for an Abercrombie model. :heart:

#FreeBritney

• I googled Jack Draper and yeah... he's an IMG model. :white:

#FreeBritney

• I’ve seen Jack Draper at a few local events and he’s certainly talented. I expect him to have a decent future as a top 50 player, perhaps even better.

• Grandma isn't even subtle. lol

#FreeBritney