Montreux Volley Masters 2017 - 6-11.06.2017

• The GER team secures one point ensuring its berth in SF but seems not quite eager to top the Pool B, playing the bench players instead... leading 2-0 atm but the Poles will take the 3rd set. Let see whether GER will throw away this match eventually :-)

I don't think it's about losing on purpose, it's the only chance to use the bench players without any risk. And they're quite lost against Polish block :S

• Wow, our bench is really horrible today :white: Dora can't get any serve over the net, nobody can receive so there is no attack either.

I'd prefer a mix of starters and subs to help the new players on court. Sets like the last one aren't good for anyone.

• I don't think it's about losing on purpose, it's the only chance to use the bench players without any risk. And they're quite lost against Polish block :S

Yup, any rational party will do so, in addition to use the chance to play out the bench players safely also to save the stamina of the core players for tomorrow's SF. And if GER can choose, they should opt to face ARG in SF. The CHN team usually improves in the knock-out stage (as shown last time here).

GER 2 - 2 POL

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Germany is not completely secured on the 1st spot.

• It's so obvious to me that Germany wants to play against Argentina in the semifinals and not against China.
    What is the problem in assuming that? I think it's fair, they are not doing any crime...

• It's so obvious to me that Germany wants to play against Argentina in the semifinals and not against China.
    What is the problem in assuming that? I think it's fair, they are not doing any crime...

It's possible of course, but Koslowski announced before the tournament that he wants to use it to see the new players on court, and after 2-0 today was the best time to do it. I'm sure he would have prefered them to play better than that...but letting them play was more important than winning the match today.

• Poles started to play so so when Germany finished to play. I mean, even the first squad of Germany didn't play anything special, but it was enough to beat Poland easily, because they took care to provide the ball on the other side and gave Poland opportunity to make error or try to work in block/defence to have another chance. And Poland did what they wanted, comitted 21 errors in 2 sets. And then Germany blocked well in first two sets and even playing very bad in attack didn't have problems to win 2 sets.

• It's possible of course, but Koslowski announced before the tournament that he wants to use it to see the new players on court, and after 2-0 today was the best time to do it. I'm sure he would have prefered them to play better than that...but letting them play was more important than winning the match today.

It is quite normal indeed, but sometimes people try to use other excuses for that. And some other people think this is not ethical or that the teams aren't supposed to do this type of things.

• As mentioned before China is one of Germanys most feared opponents at all (alongside with Brazil and Russia), so an escape strategy, while being already in the semis, is far from being unlikely.

Well said :-) cuz if GER wanna top the pool it would have fielded again the core players in the 5th set!

And now BRA MUST WIN to stay alive :-) if THA wins, the POL is in.

IF BRA does win it will top Pool B... and ARG MUST WIN to carry on, otherwise the NED will do its task, and if ARG wins it will top Pool A.

ha ha ha rather funny when it becomes rather obvious :-) nevertheless it's legit.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I don't think, that Germany lost intentionally after being already two sets up, but they certainly didn't put up maximum resistance against improving Poland...

• If Brazil let Thailand take 1 point from them, would Germany finish in 1st? If so, I hope they do it. :lol:

And since you said it out, the ARG team can also do the same later on after seeing the outcome. Don't think the ARG favors to face BRA in SF. :lol:

• Drussyla touched the net. She even raised her hand admitting it, so everything OK with that decision.

I'm not saying thay made a mistake in that ball, I think they are just overall very very confused and lost.