2017 / 2018 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• She might go there but she hasn't signed anything yet. So Busto still hopes to confirm her, otherwise they'll sign Plak or Bartsch.

I don't think Busto would be a good club for Celeste...I hope she will make a different choice..

• So strange... I thought Barun would have remained in Novara and Egonu as OH 8|

Barun is afraid of flights and planes, and Novara playing Champions next season, maybe there is why, she never stays in a club playing such continental tournaments...

• I'm surprised with Kim's statements since she stated that there is no problem with living in Turkey in one of her previous interview :huh: But I can understand her choice, since it is getting very unstable year by year. I just feel bad since I think she could have stay in Vakıfbank for many years. Besides, she has never had a good club season before Vakıfbank. :whistle:

By the way, according to https://www.volleyball.it/mercato/a1-femminile-201718/ Aelbrecht is rumored to Turkey while Pietersen will give a break year

• Barun is afraid of flights and planes, and Novara playing Champions next season, maybe there is why, she never stays in a club playing such continental tournaments...

Doesn't Modena play in Cev Cup next season? That will have many international flights as well.

• Kelsey-Zhu-Slöetjes or Hill-Zhu-Slöetjes

Which is better?

• According volleyball.it Carli Lloyd and Samanta Fabris will play in Fenerbahce next season

• That would be perfect :D
    And again with this transfer She will show everyone how great She is and finally She would have huge chance to won big things with Fenerbahce.
    But every match some of big 4 would not play in Turkey. Kim-Natalia-Lloyd-Fabris.

• Very bad moves IMHO. Tomkom made a huge difference with her setting, service and defence. BTW I can understand they may want a differente kind of setter, the thai player is short, while Lloyd is a solid blocker and good all-around skilled setter. Fabris IMHO is nowhere top teams material. Let's see what happens.

• Being 3 years one of the best scorer in very strong league Seria A, She had amazing season with Pomi. She was player who was leading Pomi all season, had great performance at semi-finals and finals at WCCH. That is not my opinion that is her reaults. I don't get it, what She needs to do more to be "ready" for top clubs but I ok it is your opinion. Like it or not results are saying diffrent things. And afteralll She is rumored to play for Fenerbahce that says a lot about her. :whistling:

• I think Fabris would be good for Fenerbahce but if they try to use Natalia-Kim-Fabris their reception will be a mess. If they can keep Tomkom then they should, she is a better setter than Lloyd IMO. I know Lloyd is a good blocker but still I would prefer Nootsara. There's no need for Fener to make many changes as they were so good this season, I think they should continue with a similar group but get Fabris to replace Polen and get a good local defensive OH to replace Maret.

• Kelsey-Zhu-Slöetjes or Hill-Zhu-Slöetjes

Which is better?

I'd still go for Hill-Zhu-Sloetjes. In my opinion, Kelsey's only edge over Kim is floor defense. In all other aspects, i believe Kim is better. Her floor defense is also okay and has been improving a lot lately. Plus, she already have good chemistry with the team.

• According volleyball.it Carli Lloyd and Samanta Fabris will play in Fenerbahce next season

If this will push through, I think it will benefit Fener. I have only seen Fabris play last year in CWC so I'm not sure if I read her right. She's a strong attacker but she's easy to defend when she's the only good attacker in her team. With Fener, she'll be with Kim, Natalia and Eda who are also good offensive options so I believe this may be a good combination.

• Being 3 years one of the best scorer in very strong league Seria A, She had amazing season with Pomi. She was player who was leading Pomi all season, had great performance at semi-finals and finals at WCCH. That is not my opinion that is her reaults. I don't get it, what She needs to do more to be "ready" for top clubs but I ok it is your opinion. Like it or not results are saying diffrent things. And afteralll She is rumored to play for Fenerbahce that says a lot about her. :whistling:

Same as Atanasijevic in the men's league. Does it make him a top opposite? No, it doesn't.
    Samantha is a troublemaker when the setting isn't good. And she is all about spiking and service. She can't digg a ball. She's not what a top club is looking for.
    Just my opinion.

• The rumor about Luizomar de Moura in Fenerbahce is very much laughable. Among other issues, he can't even speak in English.

• I think Fabris would be good for Fenerbahce but if they try to use Natalia-Kim-Fabris their reception will be a mess. If they can keep Tomkom then they should, she is a better setter than Lloyd IMO. I know Lloyd is a good blocker but still I would prefer Nootsara. There's no need for Fener to make many changes as they were so good this season, I think they should continue with a similar group but get Fabris to replace Polen and get a good local defensive OH to replace Maret.

That is true. In the beginning of the season, reception of natalia+KYK is in a mess, until maret comes the defense of fener changes a lot to a new level.It is their strongest point among three big clubs. If they lose defense advantage, they will lose to vakifbank and ecz vitra in the future. :teach:

• What I don't like about that Fenerbahce rumoured transfer is that they are abandoning what made their team play so well all season long. Their scrappiness is a joy to watch. Offensively they will be a better team but defensively... I don't know how Fabris is going to be an improvement from Balkestein.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Will Ana Carol and Anne Buijs join Shanghai Guo-hua-ren-shou?
    (I guess Ana Carol will be in the site of Ma Yun-wen)
    Will Qin Si-yu be the main OP of Team Shanghai in Season 17/18?
    It is only a rumor.
    The possibility of Anne Buijs is higher than Ana Carol.

After the Women's Club World Championship 2017,
    I give the rumor again.
    The key question is whether Anne Buijs and Ana Carol know about it.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan