2017 / 2018 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• Fawcett is close to signing with Praia Clube (BRA).

• I'm not completely convinced that Robinson can sustain such a high level of receive and attack. I think you can likely design your passing to give more assistance to Ting but Robison will have to contribute more than just passing. If she cannot then Vakif may become even more reliant on Ting and Sloetjes scoring from the backcourt.

• Zhuting is learning European reception style. She has no problem at reception in 2016 rio Olympics and 2015 world cup with chinese reception style. Actually, Vakifbank still can win champions league and world club champion with the kim hill's reception. Next season, vakifbank even buy robinson to cover zhuting's reception more. Robinson's reception coverage area is bigger than kim hill's. Therefore,i think interesting thing will happen ,much more serving will go to zhuting next season because robinson is so good at reception. :sos: Let us see what tactcis will Gudetti use.

Zhu is just a weak reception. ability
    It's not just that she learn to receive.
    The reason why she received it during the 2015 World Cup and 2016 Olympics was Thanks to China's Reception system
    China has four people in reception line others national team has three people in reception line
    Zhu received reception from a narrow range
    At the rear, she is not received.
    If she receive normal reception like others wing-spiker,
    She can not receive it. we already saw it in the 16-17 Turkish League.
    Receive is not easy to grow She can't become allround-player
    Giovanni Guidetti will believe her attack ability
    but he will not believe her reception and defence because he realized it in the semifinals 16-17 tukish league

• Who cares what you think of Zhu's reception skill. and how on earth did you get to know Guidetti's mind? Zhu is unanimously recognized as the most valuable player in the current professional world. so save your breath and self righteous attitude

• Can you folk help me to identify the defensive OHs left in the market? Especially the ones fine with 2 receiving system?

So far I could only come up with Rabadzhieva, Maret and Leys. :white: Scherban and Ilchenko signed with their clubs.

• To be an so called all-round-player but can not get as many Gold medal and MVP as possible and as high salary as possible is worthless in professional volleyball.The Zhuting's olympics reception stats obviously shows she can receive but she still can improve. That is why she comes to europe . Guddetti says in the interview that She is a phenomenal player in the world right now and it is lucky zhuting chooses him and vakifbank. Guddeti is smart, he knows zhuting will bring him glory and money. Let us see what Guddetti can teach zhuting in the future. :cheesy:

• Rabadzhieva, Cruz, Busa. Zhang Channing,Mammadova,Havelkova,Ossoy,

Can you folk help me to identify the defensive OHs left in the market? Especially the ones fine with 2 receiving system?

So far I could only come up with Rabadzhieva, Maret and Leys. :white: Scherban and Ilchenko signed with their clubs.

• The last 3 names u mentioned are not defensive OHs. Even Zang Changning is not though she has decent reception.

• "but can not get as many Gold medal and MVP as possible and as high salary as possible is worthless in professional volleyball"

well how do you get many gold and mvp anyway? is it just relying on 1 person only? because if that was the case then a player like gamova in the past should have won more than 2 gold medal in the world championships and zhu ting should have led the henan team to multiple finals in the chinese league, not saying that zhu ting isnt good i will even accept that she might be the best but to say that all of vakifbank's success is due to her is to ignore the talent of her teammates and guidetti.

• "but can not get as many Gold medal and MVP as possible and as high salary as possible is worthless in professional volleyball"

well how do you get many gold and mvp anyway? is it just relying on 1 person only? because if that was the case then a player like gamova in the past should have won more than 2 gold medal in the world championships and zhu ting should have led the henan team to multiple finals in the chinese league, not saying that zhu ting isnt good i will even accept that she might be the best but to say that all of vakifbank's success is due to her is to ignore the talent of her teammates and guidetti.

Agreed.Volleyball is a team sport. Zhuting also needs help from her teammates. She is a humble person. We are only fans of her.
    To be a successful player also needs luck. Zhuting has the luck. She gets the biggest help from LangPing to shine in the volleyball world. Langping told Zhuting that she needs to go abroad and write her story in the history of volleyball.
    Under these two coaches guidance, she will get more Medals and MVP in the future~~~ :teach:

• well how do you get many gold and mvp anyway? is it just relying on 1 person only? because if that was the case then a player like gamova in the past should have won more than 2 gold medal in the world championships and zhu ting should have led the henan team to multiple finals in the chinese league, not saying that zhu ting isnt good i will even accept that she might be the best but to say that all of vakifbank's success is due to her is to ignore the talent of her teammates and guidetti.

Of course Zhu Ting cannot win a match by herself nor KYK nor any other player in this planet. It's a team game. There are also very good player in her team like Milena Rasic and Lonneke Slöetjes. But if you compare the Vakifbank lineup in 2015/2016 and 2016/17, it shows clearly that Zhu had made a significant impact in this team. You should never forget that Zhu Ting was the only newcomer in this team. Anne Bujs, Sheila Castro and Robin Kruijf were gone.

• Rabadzhieva, Cruz, Busa. Zhang Channing, Mammadova, Havelkova,Ossoy

Not sure if they will let her go. The Jiangsu team just won the Chinese volleyball league title this year. This means they will participate the AWCVC next year and the team will probably fight hard to keep their superstars for this tournament. But we never know.

• Lest we forget that last year with Kim Hill in the starting lineup for the Turkish League VAkif won the gold and she MVP'ed something that didn't happen this year with Zhu. They also got to the CL finals but lost to Pomi. Unfortunately the CWC's were delayed by the Olympics and played in the fall when the teams had already drastically changed. Zhu no doubt is a great player but her presence does not guarantee success as we saw losses to FB for the Turkish Cup, mid season and to Gala in the semi's of the Championship.

For both CL and CWC Vakif was playing as a very tight unit and Zhu was the extra sauce that led them to gold. It will be interesting next year when some strong Italian teams make a run to see how they do with Krob instead of Hill. Player chemistry is not a given and Krob has a much bigger personality then Hill.

• Giulia Rondon close to Foppa Bergamo.

Malinov go to Lardini Filottrano.

• Pankova and Bavykina from Dinamo Moscow will join Proton (7th club of Russian Superleague)

• For both CL and CWC Vakif was playing as a very tight unit and Zhu was the extra sauce that led them to gold. It will be interesting next year when some strong Italian teams make a run to see how they do with Krob instead of Hill. Player chemistry is not a given and Krob has a much bigger personality then Hill.

I don't consider Vakif as "tight unit" when they won in 3 sets in CL and in CWC. If we want to be honest, Naz was at first reluctant to accept Zhu Ting because Naz's very good friends with Hill and Slöetjes. She just send more ball to Zhu when the team is trailing with lot of point or in critical condition. Actually she just uses Zhu to fixe the problem when her clique is in trouble. The best example is ECZ vs Vakif when Vakif was trailling 0-2, 10-20. You can also observe the same behavior with Naz in the CWC semi-final and the final.