Sada Cruzeiro (Brazil)
    Montes Claros (Brazil)
    Bohemios (Uruguay)

Pool B

UPCN San Juan (Argentina)
    Personal Bolivar (Argentina)
    San Martin (Bolivia)
    Unilever (Peru)

• Maybe someone can enlighten us how they assign Montes Claros as host/participant. Also, for a second year in a row the two Argentinian and Brazilian representatives are "drawn" together. They could have at least avoided that in the group phase :)

• No problems on day 1 for Montes Claros, UPCN, and Bolivar, beating respectively Bohemios, San Martin, and Unilever in straight sets. The local group battles should be more dramatic, though. Especially the Argentinian match as both teams would probably like to avoid Cruzeiro until the final.

• Maybe someone can enlighten us how they assign Montes Claros as host/participant. Also, for a second year in a row the two Argentinian and Brazilian representatives are "drawn" together. They could have at least avoided that in the group phase :)

From an article on Globo.com, it looks like the a combination of CBV (not officially stated in the article), the club wanting to host in their venue, and probably Brazil's turn to host.

Hosting the event will cost R$500,000 (US$162,000), without any city financial support due to the Brazilian financial instability in the article.

• UPCN is really poor this season, I think Bolívar will run over them.

Agreed, only 4th or 5th best Argentinean team this season.

Big semi-final game today, I really think Montes Claros- with home support- has a shot at upsetting Bolivar. Sada will trample UPCN 3-0, potentially setting up an all-Brazilian rematch in the finals.

• Well, Bolivar couldn't cut it against Cruzeiro as expected, however it was the closest 3-0 match I've seen!

As always Weber teams lack mental edge to get key victories (must be due to the constant yelling at his players...). Yesterday they almost blew a 2-0 lead in the semi.... I somehow smell that despite they have the best players in argentine league they will fail to win the championship again lol. Hopefully FIVB will give us a wild card for the CWC.

UPCN is still a better coached team (Armoa is better than Weber) however this season their roster is too poor for them to give fight to big clubs like Cruzeiro as they did in the past. Nice 3rd place though.

• Like 2 or 3 months ago, with the season already started.

Thanks! Explains why I havent seen his name in Halkbank's squad in months. I thought he was just injured.
    Was there any particular reason for the transfer?