Women's Club World Championship 2017

• They repeat the same teams over and over. Wild cards once again to Vakifbank, Ecza and Volero :down: :down:
    So far, five teams are the same as last year...
    Well, I hope Conegliano gets the last spot.

• It should be Jiangsu instead of Volero.

Now I don't even care who wins CL at all. They should at least waited to announce after CL is over. I won't even mind at all if Fenerbache wins tomorrow against Vitra.

This WCWC will be awesome :woohoo:

And don`t think Mihajlovic will be playing against Vakfibank in the CL, she probably will only play at the Club Championship.

• You should still care about the CL, I think Eczacibasi care more about the CL than the CWCH and they have already won the CWCH this season

These wildcards are no surprise and I agree with those that say it is kind of boring, but at least we are guaranteed good matches. Tournaments are only prestigious if the best teams in the world are involved otherwise it will end up like the football CWC which is not that big a deal

• Im surprised with the wildcards. Looks like they give the wildcards to the teams with largest expenses for that year and they dont look at the performance. I would rather like to see one of the Russian teams there, most likely Dinamo Kazan since they are likely to win CEV cup.

• One more time: Osasco got the wild card. It's been months since Rexona got the spot, because they were South American champions.

• Im surprised with the wildcards. Looks like they give the wildcards to the teams with largest expenses for that year and they dont look at the performance. I would rather like to see one of the Russian teams there, most likely Dinamo Kazan since they are likely to win CEV cup.

The reason I'm not surprised is Volero always get a wildcard and I thought Eczacibasi would too because they are the defending champions

Dinamo Moscow will get there if they win the CL. And I guess maybe even if Vakifbank, Volero or Eczacibasi win the CL

• It is so much better for Volero not to host the tournament anymore since they get wild cards anyway :whistle:

• Not surprised we see the same rich clubs getting wild cards. Most wild cards are bought anyway in sports so who can chip in the money will get it.

• Not surprised we see the same rich clubs getting wild cards. Most wild cards are bought anyway in sports so who can chip in the money will get it.

Teams have to pay $100.000 for a wild card

• I am happy about the wild cards. Since this is world championship, it should be played with the best teams in the world. They increase value of tournament more than a team from Dominique republic or Porto Rico could. I hope fenerbahce would manage to get last slot since they are currently in of the best team in the world anyway.

• I've wondered how Wild Cards worked. I guess you wouldn't put up 100k if you didn't think your team could win. Certainly you wouldn't do it if you thought your team would embarrass itself. I think my team could win but I don't have 100k.

• it sounds reasonable: you put 100k on the table and if you get in final, you are going to make a profit. If you do not believe that your team is good for the finals, do not apply for wild card. So it's about how strong is your team and not about if you have 100k or not. By this wild card system Fivb insure to get the best teams to participate
    if you win, you double your money plus get a gold medals and title "world champion". Where else you can make such an investment? :))

• I've wondered how Wild Cards worked. I guess you wouldn't put up 100k if you didn't think your team could win. Certainly you wouldn't do it if you thought your team would embarrass itself. I think my team could win but I don't have 100k.

First, you receive invitation to the tournament and you have to decide whether you want to play or not.
    Polish team Dąbrowa Górnicza got invitation this year but they are too weak to win something. Plus $100.000 is a large amount of money.