Women's Club World Championship 2017

• u butthurt by other people comments or something?

• This might be my most shallow comment in this so forum but isn't she soooo cute :cheesy: :obey: :heart: Being such a good player and humble person at the same time will always make Zhu very special for me. She has everything to be the best player in volleyball history, I hope she will prove that in upcoming years :super:

In this video by FIVB, it shows a couple of players saying they look up to. And Zhu said she looks up to Gabi based one her reception and defense, and Kosheleva because she hits so high and so strong.

[media]

[media]

This might be my most shallow comment in this so forum but isn't she soooo cute :cheesy: :obey: :heart: Being such a good player and humble person at the same time will always make Zhu very special for me. She has everything to be the best player in volleyball history, I hope she will prove that in upcoming years :super:

• Don't worry, it's not even the most shallow comment on this page :rolleyes:

I don't always agree with rbdfabio but I like that he always gives his opinion. Can't we just keep the personal stuff out of it? I don't really see the point in getting into that.

• Would you like to share the link of that video please? Sounds very interesting indeed.

• Well the thing is that person can't accuse me of being an American ass kisser since the only ones I really like we're/are Tom, foluke and hooker and I remember when people here are saying "karch is the greatest player of all time so he will be a very good coach" I'm like great player not equals great coach and sure they won 2014 but they haven't duplicated that level of success yet (one user says here that he was such an expert so he knows that us was the strongest well the past 2 years proved that he was wrong 8) )

Oh the greatest of all time talk there's 2 way to look at it for me last: 1. Prime years- best 5-6 years of a player against other players

And 2. Longevity- a player might be so good but what of it only last 3 years? To me a player who can be a top 5 player for 8 years and above should be taken into consideration.

So for zhu her greatest case is good if we are talking about peak but when it comes to longevity that is still an open book

• Just block that troll.

Rdfabio atleast is decent enough to discuss or debate with as long as we're not talking about Atanasijevic or Russell. :drink:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I thought at first Rdfabio was exaggerated and he became oversensitive because something happened to him recently. But now I have to admit that he was right about some people.

• Congratulations to Vakifbank! :drink:

Rexona's defensive system worked pretty well. The block was touching many spikes and our diggers had a good time. Unfortunately, the passing was a big issue and also Zhu Ting made the difference in the counter-attacks.

The float serve is getting really hard to control in women volleyball. I don't see a team with a good passing anymore. Until women players fix it, teams with great pin hitters will take a large advantage.

Mari Paraíba seems to have improved her floating also. I liked it!

• Zhuting became shinning since 2013 and got lots of MVPs already. She is only 22 now and still has not reached her peak. She is still improving. Under the guidance of Jenny Langping, she will try to get as many MVP as possible during next Olympic Cycle. After that, i think she will consider enjoying personal life or continuing to get more MVPs? :teach:

• I think it's something intangible that makes a good team a great team. VakifBank unexpectedly lost in semi final of Turkish league but they were able to overcome the hard time together. I guess through the hard time they built the trust and formed the chemistry. There were moments in CWC semi final and final they were behind by couple points but they just had the confidence to come back. I really want to see if Hill stays, how good the team can be for the next season.

By the way, I just discovered a player (OH) - Alix Klineman. She is in US NT new training list. I looked it up she has almost the same height and weight as Zhu and played in Italy for a couple of years. She played in Brazil for the past 2 seasons. Is she good, what's her strength/weakness? I have heard about most of US players but not her. And apparently she was tested positive for doping back in 2013, is that why she hasn't been selected into US NT?

Kim Hill is a Swiss knife. But her biggest problem and also the biggest coach's nightmare is her inconsistency. I remember the 2016 CWC. She and Sloetjes had made so much serve errors and the back row defense error that I thought at first they did these on purpose because they were competing with the newcomer (Zhu) for attacking points. I really afraid they are going to repeat the same scenario in 2017. I'm glad I was wrong and like GoVb said, it was truly enjoyable to see them played as a team and they were almost invincible. I think there are lot of players better than Kim Hill in the market. The real problem is how many of them accept that they won't be the Queen but a jack in the OH position. The only thing that can attract them or can make Kim Hill to stay with Vakifbank is the team will be extremely probable in the final again in the club competitions next year.

• I think it's something intangible that makes a good team a great team. VakifBank unexpectedly lost in semi final of Turkish league but they were able to overcome the hard time together. I guess through the hard time they built the trust and formed the chemistry. There were moments in CWC semi final and final they were behind by couple points but they just had the confidence to come back. I really want to see if Hill stays, how good the team can be for the next season.

By the way, I just discovered a player (OH) - Alix Klineman. She is in US NT new training list. I looked it up she has almost the same height and weight as Zhu and played in Italy for a couple of years. She played in Brazil for the past 2 seasons. Is she good, what's her strength/weakness? I have heard about most of US players but not her. And apparently she was tested positive for doping back in 2013, is that why she hasn't been selected into US NT?

Klineman can't pass. She's now playing in the AVP Tour (beach volleyball) for the summer, don't know if she's going to play indoor in the fall.

• I see, I made a mistake, actually she wasn't in the new training list for US NT.. It was something else..

Klineman can't pass. She's now playing in the AVP Tour (beach volleyball) for the summer, don't know if she's going to play indoor in the fall.

• Zhuting became shinning since 2013 and got lots of MVPs already. She is only 22 now and still has not reached her peak. She is still improving. Under the guidance of Jenny Langping, she will try to get as many MVP as possible during next Olympic Cycle. After that, i think she will consider enjoying personal life or continuing to get more MVPs? :teach:

im not saying that she does not have a chance to be the greatest, what im saying is there are still a lot of things that can happen like for example injuries that may make her level drop in other words if we will compare her career to a book her story is still ongoing so we shouldnt make a conclusion already. :cup:

In my opinion, the main reason why they lost the Turkish cup and the Turkish league semi-final was because they were intimidated and disturbed by those thugs. Several people don't agree with me, but I don't want to get into another dead-end debate again.

• im not saying that she does not have a chance to be the greatest, what im saying is there are still a lot of things that can happen like for example injuries that may make her level drop in other words if we will compare her career to a book her story is still ongoing so we shouldnt make a conclusion already.

...and I have no doubt that you wish her get injured. You need to be very despicable and despair to use such argumentation for having the last word.

• I agree, it's just too early to say.. But I think she is probably the most achieved/successful female VB player ever at the age of 22. She got gold medal for U20 world championship, world cup, and olympics at national team level. And first year play in Europe she is already champion of both CL and CWC.

She has great chance to make history. Her potential biggest enemy would be injury.. Chinese volleyball players retire at a relatively young age (~25-27). Most of them retire early due to injuries. And personally I think there are two main reasons contribute to that. First they practiced too much at young age but overlook the importance of physical training. Before you hardly see Chinese volleyball players work in gym, they just train day and night on those fundamental skills, they don't know they should hit the gym and gain right amount of muscle to protect them from injuries. And in general Chinese players lack self-discipline outside the court. They are used to follow the order of coach, but when it's outside the court they tend to do whatever they like, i.e. they don't eat right, some of those spicy, fatty, oily Chinese dishes are just not good for elite athlete, but a lot of players don't know they should avoid those and take care of their bodies.

But now things has changed a lot. JLP has brought western trainer and nutritionist into NT and a lot of clubs follow that. Zhu hasn't suffered any major injury in the past and she has adapted into western training style, she is also self-disciplined. Zhu said last year when she played in Chinese league she felt really tired even though she only played for about 20 games. But this season in VB she was able to play for roughly 4o games. Also JLP and Giovanni has been careful in using her, not overloading her when it's not necessary. I hope she can keep healthy and play at a high level during the next 2 olympic circles.

im not saying that she does not have a chance to be the greatest, what im saying is there are still a lot of things that can happen like for example injuries that may make her level drop in other words if we will compare her career to a book her story is still ongoing so we shouldnt make a conclusion already. :cup:

• Vakif didn't unexpectantly lose in the Turkish League semi-finals. They played without Rasic who was injured for both games and her sub was a dramatically lower quality player. It showed that when it comes to the Turkish League with their 3 foreigner limit that the worlds best MB was a bigger loss then say Zhu as the best OH. You can only play 2 OH's at a time and it was more consequential not to have Rasic then to say have Hill instead of Zhu. One of the things VB gave up to sign Zhu was Robin at MB'er. She was a solid sub for Rasic when needed and probably would have been enough to put VB over Gala.

The closeness in quality between the best teams is very narrow and the smallest changes can make a huge difference. Gozde is in the twilight of her career in the same way that larson is. Vb might well want to bring Hande over once she becomes available in the same way that they picked up Naz. To win in Turkish League having the best Turkish setter, OH, and MB is the key to success and it's that success that paves the way to participation in the CL. It was a huge fail for ECZ to miss the CL next year and it will be interesting to see how they recover from that in the future.

• Klineman along with Hooker was recently named to the Brazilian all-star first team. Klineman as a receiver is in the same class as Hodge. The big difference is that she has never been a big fan of Karch and has not needed the NT exposure to land big contracts. I think she saw clearly and early on that she could play every summer for the NT and still end up like Faucett and be left home for a cheer leader. Klineman is a lot like Hooker and Tom in her personality. She's successful at what she does and doesn't need to play the subservient game currently required for the USNT.

• Vakif didn't unexpectantly lose in the Turkish League semi-finals. They played without Rasic who was injured for both games and her sub was a dramatically lower quality player. It showed that when it comes to the Turkish League with their 3 foreigner limit that the worlds best MB was a bigger loss then say Zhu as the best OH. You can only play 2 OH's at a time and it was more consequential not to have Rasic then to say have Hill instead of Zhu. One of the things VB gave up to sign Zhu was Robin at MB'er. She was a solid sub for Rasic when needed and probably would have been enough to put VB over Gala.

I agree Rasic is a key player. But Vakif had no problem to beat Volero without Rasic. In my book, Volero is much stronger than Gala. Kubra is not as good as Rasic, but she becomes an excellent MB.