Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• And on Thursday, the 18. May, club will announce further players with contract after the seven already known, if the roster will be already complete thereafter (I think not) we will see afterwards.

What is going to happen about an assistant coach? Will it be an external or internal solution?
    I also have noticed that Stuttgarter Nachrichten haven't published anything since 2nd Mai

• What is going to happen about an assistant coach? Will it be an external or internal solution?
    I also have noticed that Stuttgarter Nachrichten haven't published anything since 2nd Mai

I know only, that Guillermo Naranjo Hernandez now takes over Spanish champions Lograno, a team considered weaker by me internationally than best German teams, but at least he is back at home and can try to improve their level for international competition.

Traditionally mostly the assistant coach becomes head coach when the former one leaves in Stuttgart, another thing is, that mostly the new head coach will pick someone he knows as new assistant - I have no clue so far. And for all other things regarding roster we have to wait until Thursday, I think.

• Valerie Nichol is very popular in Stuttgart, especially among young volleyball playing girls as a very skilled setter. But reality is, that there is internationally a high demand for good setters and there are many clubs out there with considerable higher budgets than us, especially other than in German league.

She signed with Impel Wrocław.

• I read, Impel and Wroclaw (Breslau) parted ways and the team has much less money therefore, even being threatend to stay in Orlen league? Either way, it doesn't sound like a big step for Nichols career anyway.

• By the way, today and tomorrow VBL head conference is talking about economical state of the clubs applying for a first league license. At this time it is mostly about some obligations for clubs not 100% performing to the expectations of the VBL, but sometimes one team is eliminated due to heavy offenses. So some not so well positioned clubs may be rather nervous now until Monday, when the decisions are going public.

• I read, Impel and Wroclaw (Breslau) parted ways and the team has much less money therefore, even being threatend to stay in Orlen league? Either way, it doesn't sound like a big step for Nichols career anyway.

It's a bit complicated, because Impel wasn't only the sponsor. IMPEL SA is no longer the sponsor of this club but Impel Volleyball SA is still a company of Impel group.
    Impel Group has about 35 companies. Maybe one of their companies will be the new sponsor?

Valerie Nichol posted it on instagram.

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/sia…radzila-to-na-instagramie

• Stuttgart has to save some money next season because they made debts this season. They'll reduce about 10% of their costs for players and staff, so they might be a little weaker than before. They presented Tamari Miyashiro as new assistant coach and American MB Jenna Potts today.

• Stuttgart has to save some money next season because they made debts this season. They'll reduce about 10% of their costs for players and staff, so they might be a little weaker than before. They presented Tamari Miyashiro as new assistant coach and American MB Jenna Potts today.

It seems, that they don't want to hire a fourth OH, which will reduce costs the most. This is a very risky approach: in both last seasons we lost one OH due to injury in the late part of the season which diminished the chances of the team enormously regarding championship. Anyway, if Schwerin does its job, it will be extremely hard for both Stuttgart and Dresden to stop them IMHO.

• Obviously the CEV allows Stuttgart again to participate in CEV cup, despite they were eligible to participate in CL qualification but declined it. Formally national cup victory qualifies alone for CEV cup, but usually this doesn't matter, if the vice champion is qualified for higher competition.

• It seems, that they don't want to hire a fourth OH, which will reduce costs the most. This is a very risky approach: in both last seasons we lost one OH due to injury in the late part of the season which diminished the chances of the team enormously regarding championship. Anyway, if Schwerin does its job, it will be extremely hard for both Stuttgart and Dresden to stop them IMHO.

At this point it seems that for budget reasons many if not most VBL teams will be younger, with rosters with fewer players, and with smaller budgets next season. I agree that given the risk of mid-season injuries, this could put teams in a difficult situation. And it is a fair question to ask what this trend might do to the overall quality of play. We shall see, I guess.

• At this point it seems that for budget reasons many if not most VBL teams will be younger, with rosters with fewer players, and with smaller budgets next season. I agree that given the risk of mid-season injuries, this could put teams in a difficult situation. And it is a fair question to ask what this trend might do to the overall quality of play. We shall see, I guess.

Correction: article in Stuttgart newspapers was wrong, they are stlll searching a fourth OH, but this means indeed salary reductions in general. No fun indeed, only soft factors are saving us in this situation from degrading the roster...