Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• I have entered the new players on first page on this thread - with now 10 players with contract already Wiesbaden is leading again alone in this regard and is missing at least one middle, maybe another attacker should join the group (a matter of money as always too).

• I have entered the new players on first page on this thread - with now 10 players with contract already Wiesbaden is leading again alone in this regard and is missing at least one middle, maybe another attacker should join the group (a matter of money as always too).

As far as I remember Annalena Mach will stay there.

i dont know if everything is official now, but the roster is complete

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• i dont know if everything is official now, but the roster is complete

Annalena Mach has prolonged with Wiesbaden, as you can see on VCWiesbaden.de official website. Not yet entered there is most recent hired Kimberly Drewniok and forgotten Libero player Lisa Stock, but nowhere I can find a third middle aside from Kosova and Hetman - remember two of them left the team (McCage to Stuttgart and Nagy was fired, it seems). So they are 11 now known, and a third middle is clearly required, maybe only not yet known (?).

• Annalena Mach has prolonged with Wiesbaden, as you can see on VCWiesbaden.de official website. Not yet entered there is most recent hired Kimberly Drewniok and forgotten Libero player Lisa Stock, but nowhere I can find a third middle aside from Kosova and Hetman - remember two of them left the team (McCage to Stuttgart and Nagy was fired, it seems). So they are 11 now known, and a third middle is clearly required, maybe only not yet known (?).

they dont commuicate on this officialy but they found this middle, just waiting for official agreement

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• They lack almost 100.000€ to be able to build a competitive team for 1st league, so they decided to withdraw. They complain about not getting enough help from the city which is very ironic because right now the city is lifting the ceiling of the hall where they used to play to make it finally high enough for 1st league :rolll:

• They lack almost 100.000€ to be able to build a competitive team for 1st league, so they decided to withdraw. They complain about not getting enough help from the city which is very ironic because right now the city is lifting the ceiling of the hall where they used to play to make it finally high enough for 1st league :rolll:

Even the state of Thuringia paid a lot for this uplift of hall ceiling - but my expectation, that under no circumstances two teams of Thuringia can stay even mid-term in first league came now quickly true...

• Today the economic (first) step of licensing was published by VBL. Despite only 8 of 22 (including men's) teams got licenses without special obligations, all clubs of this league got the license in principle. Founding member of VBL USC Münster has to to some more work regarding the financial situation, the VBL licensing board was not fully convinced of their documents (!). All others were without major obstacles, including Erfurt, Köpenick and ironically also Suhl. Obviously this is pure formalism procedure, not taking into account the immanent withdrawal of Suhl. Remember, that the minimum budget set by VBL for first league is ridiculously low and by far exceeded by all of the teams participating usually. So it is Suhls decision, not to participate anymore. I don't know, if they had a substitutional second league license bid, because the date to request one expired on 1. May, if they want to join the small 10 teams second league south anyway, they may have to hope for good will of the VBL... if they go even more down, their prospects to return some day into first league are even dimmer, of course. And I think, that future of Erfurt is also a factor, as long they can keep first league license it would be really difficult for Suhl anyway to return.

• Trouble in Germany...Schwerin refuses to play in CL for "financial and organisation reasons". Dresden wanted to play CL instead but as 3rd ranked team they are not allowed and have to play CEV Cup. Stuttgart could have played instead of Schwerin but also refused and plays CEV Cup. Schwerin is currently inscribed for Challenge Cup but applied for a free space in CEV Cup. Thus, for the 1st time since 2011, no German team will be in women's CL :down:

• I don't know, if they had a substitutional second league license bid, because the date to request one expired on 1. May, if they want to join the small 10 teams second league south anyway, they may have to hope for good will of the VBL... if they go even more down, their prospects to return some day into first league are even dimmer, of course.

Do you think, there i a roster for second league in Suhl? There were only 2 regional players in last years roster (Steger, Petter)! In second league, where nearly nobody earns any money, you have not the chance to get players from foreign countries.

• Trouble in Germany...Schwerin refuses to play in CL for "financial and organisation reasons". Dresden wanted to play CL instead but as 3rd ranked team they are not allowed and have to play CEV Cup. Stuttgart could have played instead of Schwerin but also refused and plays CEV Cup. Schwerin is currently inscribed for Challenge Cup but applied for a free space in CEV Cup. Thus, for the 1st time since 2011, no German team will be in women's CL :down:

No, Stuttgart couldn't replace Schwerin in the group phase of CL. Statutes of CEV express clearly, if one slot of those 12 fixed is not used, the next best league not having one gets the chance to send its champion there, last year one of the Polish clubs refused to participate due serious financial reasons, and Romanian champion Alba BLAJ will get now as last season this empty slot. The most, what is possible, is to get a CL qualification slot instead, which Stuttgart deserved anyway, but under the current conditions this is near to self-murder for a German team, so nobody wants it (Stuttgart and after Schwerin pulled out also Dresden were eligilble to do so).