Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• Much ado about nothing in Suhl: after announcing to withdraw their team from 1st league last week, yesterday they announced that now there is hope and they are in promising negotiations. Today is the deadline for withdrawing teams, or rather if it's done later than today there will be a much bigger fine, so Suhl will announce their final decision today.

I don't like it. They just could have called for help in clear words instead of saying "we're leaving" and meaning it as call for help. But looks like they were successful with it...

• Much ado about nothing in Suhl: after announcing to withdraw their team from 1st league last week, yesterday they announced that now there is hope and they are in promising negotiations. Today is the deadline for withdrawing teams, or rather if it's done later than today there will be a much bigger fine, so Suhl will announce their final decision today.

I don't like it. They just could have called for help in clear words instead of saying "we're leaving" and meaning it as call for help. But looks like they were successful with it...

That's how it works... as long as you only ask for help, everyone thinks someone else will help. sometimes you have to make it clear to the people that either you find help and go on or you quit. People alsways start to miss something when its over ;) of course its not the gentlemans way but way more effective than still try to go on even if it makes no sense...

• Yup and it has been sufficiently effective: Suhl will stay in 1st league next season. I guess it's good for the league like this...I just wonder how many teams will announce to withdraw two weeks before the deadline next year though :whistle:

• And the Masterplan costs its victims: only clubs with sufficient resources and support will survive. I'm convinced, that Suhl will not survive another five years and follow Köpenick...

Two player news: Schwerin hires another US OH as replacement for Ariel Gebhardt-Turner: now Martenne Bettendorf will play for them, a highly decorated college player.

And Aachen stays with a majority of Netherland players: also Tessa Polder extended her contract with them.

• Did Schwerin transfer Bettendorf as an outside? She is much, much better from 2 than 4 and was only OK in receive in NCAA.

• Did Schwerin transfer Bettendorf as an outside? She is much, much better from 2 than 4 and was only OK in receive in NCAA.

Yes, they declare her as outside hitter in their press release. But you may remember, that also Ariel Turner-Gebhardt was playing both roles OH and OPP, so she takes the very same role I assume.

• After the teams participating in this new season are now known, the match schedule was determined, but I can't find it yet (only some clubs reported own matches so far). Despite the supercup precedes the regular season now, I think this would be quite of interest :D .

• Roslandy Acosta is staying? She was one of the best players in the league. How about Marta Drpa?

Especially regarding Roslandy Acosta I guess she is considering a noticable number of offers from the top three teams of the league and by stronger leagues clubs - after her strong performances of the both last seasons Potsdams chances to keep her are no good, I think.

• Coach: Han Abbing

S:
    Lauren Plum (USA, 1992)
    Klaudia Konieczna (POL, 1995) ?

OPP:
    Tereza Patockova (CZE, 1994)

OH:
    (Claudia Steger (GER, 1990) heavy injury, unlikely to play)
    Katharina Holzer (AUT, 1998 )
    Bogdana Anisova (UKR, 1992) (not allowed by law/authority to stay there for this season)
    Andie Malloy (USA, 1994)
    Katarzyna Bryda (POL, 1990)
    Jordan Burgess (USA, 1994)

MB:
    Ashley Nichole Mariani (USA, 1994)
    Katarina Osadchuk (AUS(UKR/CRO), 1991)
    Krista DeGeest (USA, 1990)

L:
    Miloslava Lauerova (CZE, 1978 )

Leaving:

Anna Maria Bajde (AUT, 1994)
    Juliana Valongo de Castro "Lia" (BRA, 1985)
    Veronika Hroncekova (SVK, 1990)
    Beth Carey (AUS, 1990)
    Michelle Petter (GER, 1997)
    Marrit Jasper (NED, 1996)
    Laurianne Delabarre (FRA, 1987)

• Head Coach: Jonas Kronseder

S:
    Bailey Nichol (USA, 1995)
    Michaela Wessely (GER, 1995)

OPP:
    Madleen Piest (GER, 1995)
    Paula Reinisch (GER, 1998 )