USA NT 2017

• Awesome! imo USA has been the biggest threat to Brazil for quite some time now and the matches are always good. They could've easily won gold in Rio had they not choked against Italy.
    Only two days this year though? I remember 2015 had 4 games played.

By the way...
    "The U.S. Men were the only team to beat Brazil at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro."
    Wrong, Italy did too. But we all know how that turned out... :whistle:

• Awesome! imo USA has been the biggest threat to Brazil for quite some time now and the matches are always good. They could've easily won gold in Rio had they not choked against Italy.
    Only two days this year though? I remember 2015 had 4 games played.

By the way...
    "The U.S. Men were the only team to beat Brazil at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro."
    Wrong, Italy did too. But we all know how that turned out... :whistle:

To be honest, I would rather they play another team because they invited brazil for the USAV cup in 2015 already and yes I remember they played 4 games. I guess Speraw wants to play against one of the opponents in the Grand Champions Cup.
    Last year they invited Japan and they only played 2 matches.

• Yeah, it makes sense. i guess they just want the challenge of playing against the olympic champions, heh.
    I wouldn't be sad if they'd invited either France or Italy too.

• US needs new middle blockers and I believe an opposite as well. Matt is 30 now and Murphy hasn't exactly shown qualities to be a starter.

Baby Aaron got injured so he's not on the roster. I'm assuming he'll be back since no one took #2 from the team. Or maybe no since f*** he's getting married. :mad:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• US needs new middle blockers and I believe an opposite as well. Matt is 30 now and Murphy hasn't exactly shown qualities to be a starter.

Baby Aaron got injured so he's not on the roster. I'm assuming he'll be back since no one took #2 from the team. Or maybe no since f*** he's getting married. :mad:

Anderson is not injured or newly married, why isn't he on the roster then?! ?( 8|

• official 18-man world league roster

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Vol…gs-New-World-League-Squad

1. Tommy Carmody (MB, 6-9, Orland Park, Ill., Pacific/Pepperdine)
    3. Taylor Sander (OH, 6-4, Huntington Beach, Calif., BYU)
    4. Jeff Jendryk (MB, 6-10, Wheaton, Ill., Loyola of Chicago)
    5. James Shaw (S, 6-8, Woodside, Calif., Stanford)
    7C. Kawika Shoji (S, 6-3, Honolulu, Hawaii, Stanford)
    9. Jake Langlois (OH, 6-10, San Jose, Calif., BYU)
    10. Thomas Jaeschke (OH, 6-6, Wheaton, Ill., Loyola of Chicago)
    11. Micah Christenson (S, 6-6, Honolulu, Southern California)
    13. Dan McDonnell (MB, 6-6, Glendale, Ariz., UC Irvine)
    14. Ben Patch (Opp, 6-8, Provo, Utah, BYU)
    15. Carson Clark (Opp, 6-6, Santa Barbara, Calif., UC Irvine)
    16. Jayson Jablonsky (OH, 6-5, Yorba Linda, Calif., UC Irvine)
    17. TJ DeFalco (OH, 6-5, Huntington Beach, Calif., Long Beach State)
    18. Garrett Muagututia (OH, 6-5, Oceanside, Calif., UCLA)
    19. Taylor Averill (MB, 6-7, San Jose, Calif., Hawaii)
    20. David Smith (MB, 6-7, Saugus, Calif., UC Irvine)
    21. Dustin Watten (L, 6-0, Long Beach, Calif., Long Beach State)
    22. Erik Shoji (L, 6-0, Honolulu, Hawaii, Stanford)

Btw,

"Among the 2016 Olympians not on the list: Outside hitter Aaron Russell suffered an injury while training with his club team and will not be available. Opposite Murphy Troy has retired. Outside hitter Reid Priddy is playing beach volleyball."

...I didn't expect that Troy already retired

• Really surprising that Troy has already retired, but to be honest, it's not that much of a loss to the NT, is it? Has he ever even done anything significant with the team besides being Anderson's backup here and there and not having much of an impact?

By the way, is Carson Clark gonna be the starter OPP this year? Where is he even playing? I thought he had vanished.

• Really surprising that Troy has already retired, but to be honest, it's not that much of a loss to the NT, is it? Has he ever even done anything significant with the team besides being Anderson's backup here and there and not having much of an impact?

By the way, is Carson Clark gonna be the starter OPP this year? Where is he even playing? I thought he had vanished.

It's always good to have more options/choices.

I think Ben Patch is starting at opposite this year. Clark didn't play overseas for two seasons and he played in the Pan-american cup last year I think. Patch is still a junior in college, he still has one year eligibility but he decided to go pro after this season. I would like to see him end up playing in a good league and hopefully a good club.

• I read that Holt and Anderson (plus obviously Russell) are still part of the NT despite they'll miss the WL.
    I obviously didn't expect to see Priddy on the list, but I'm surprise as well about Troy, even if I'm not in love with him so no complain.

• It's always good to have more options/choices.

I think Ben Patch is starting at opposite this year. Clark didn't play overseas for two seasons and he played in the Pan-american cup last year I think. Patch is still a junior in college, he still has one year eligibility but he decided to go pro after this season. I would like to see him end up playing in a good league and hopefully a good club.

So where is he playing these days? Or is he just training somewhere in the USA?
    I'm curious to watch this Patch guy though and to see if he makes the same impact as Sander and Russell did.

• I read that Holt and Anderson (plus obviously Russell) are still part of the NT despite they'll miss the WL.
    I obviously didn't expect to see Priddy on the list, but I'm surprise as well about Troy, even if I'm not in love with him so no complain.

Yes, I think they are just skipping the WL, I read somewhere that Anderson said he will still train with the national team this season, just skipping the WL and get some more rest.

So where is he playing these days? Or is he just training somewhere in the USA?
    I'm curious to watch this Patch guy though and to see if he makes the same impact as Sander and Russell did.

I meant he didn't play pro volleyball for the last 2 seasons. I don't really know about him, but most of the players train in Anaheim (the national gym) if they are not playing overseas.

It's going to be very corious season to watch USA national team. For me the most corious player on the list is defnitely TJ DeFalco, I hope he will get a chance from Speraw.

Don't know if he's going to make the 14-man roster, if he doesn't, he's probably gonna play in the U-21 worlds this season (+ maybe Pan-am cup)...

• The reasoning for the "time off" from the World League as follows.

Best players have had no break from playing. went straight from Rio to club teams, let alone the World Cup of 2015, and World League.

With FIVB World Championship Qualification tournament and the NORCECA Championship hosted at the same time (same tournament). The coaching staff is putting priority on that.

With World League being shorter in length now with only 9 "Regular Season" matches as opposed to 12 in the past, you had more chances to try younger players in the past. So, if you don't name the big stars for 1 tournament, the World League was the choice for this year.

Additionally, the FIVB dropped the roster size from 25 to 18 for the entire tournament. Fewer chances to put new players on the roster.