CEV Champions League 2018

• Yeah I forgout about Krsmanovic.

My God how much Serbian NT has option with MBs..... So lucky

• I feel so bad for Neslihan, but she played so bad today.

Maybe if Vakif play like they did in the 3rd and 4th sets and Cleger is on fire Alba Blaj will have a small chance. I expect 3-0 to VB though.

If zhuting can play tomorrow, I do not see any chance for Alba Blaj! She is the third middle blocker! Especially born to block the opposite!:teach:

• Yeah I forgout about Krsmanovic.

My God how much Serbian NT has option with MBs..... So lucky

Krsmanovic is definitely not one of those options, though. She retired from NT in 2015.

• Conegliano was a better team today, overall, but they did not have Zhu Ting. My God, what a player! :super:

If only Samanta was not so dependent on the quality of sets, and could play with out-of-system balls, she just may be as good as our crovolley thinks she is (top 10 in the world). Alas...

• It looks like Sloetjes is much more set depending player than Fabris, many of you saw how She couldn't scorer with Naz sets and how much better She is playing with Cansu. So She depends about set quality as any other player, but now Fabris is only one who depends about set quality and Sloetjes outplayed her even though She scored 12points more with much better attack %. And still Fabris is not dven in Top 10 OPPs and Sloetjes is. Logic. Even after She outplayed Egonu and Haak in seria a play offs.

• Fabris played a good game. How many players can really score out of system balls consistently in the world? In women's volleyball, you probably have 1.5 such players right now. Zhu is the one, and Boskovic is the other 0.5. All the other players probably don't have that capability.
    For Sloetjes, I don't believe it's just setter dependent issue. People forget she was also bad in 3rd set (after Zhu's injury) when Cansu was still playing. She played good today when the defense was focused on Zhu in the first 2 sets, but she is just not good enough to carry the load when the defense knew she had to be the primary attacker. But again, not many people can be successful in that role anyway.

It looks like Sloetjes is much more set depending player than Fabris, many of you saw how She couldn't scorer with Naz sets and how much better She is playing with Cansu. So She depends about set quality as any other player, but know Fabris is only one who depends about set quality and Sloetjes outplayed her even though She scored 12points more with much better attack %.

• Congrats To Vakıfbank for the win and congrats to Conegliano for the great fight!
    they could have won too after the score was 12-9 at the tie-breaker.
    Ting Zhu had a kind of injury yet she offensively made the difference for Vakıf, though Imoco did its best to stop her .Zhu-Naz-Gözde and finally Raşiç's block was the turning point . Melis's serve ace .Örge's digs
    it was a very exciting tie-breaker.Gözde wasnt good offensively in first four sets but her contribution was crucial at tie-breaker.Lonneke couldnt step up her game later.They as whole team attacked worse but they managed to win.they are a team which knows how to win.
    i liked Wolosz's game.she is the key for this team.De Gennaro played a good game.Fabris played a good match and both MBs.they deserve at least a bronze medal.i guess they will get it if Gala keeps playing like today.

on Alba Blaj-Galatasaray :
    Congrats to Alba Blaj.They fought their hearts out andd deserved to win.Cleger played a good match.all team wanted to win a lot and they succeded

What a fail by Ataman! :aww:
    He couldnt prepare his team very well.Gala was out of rhythm.they were not themselves.Whole team looked indolent,lazy,distracted etc.they didnt fight enough.they disappointed.its mainly Ataman's fault.Gamze palyed a bad game and Neslihan.Karadayı and Rabadzieva's passing were shaky.i only liked Cansu Çetin's struggle.

btw..wouldnt it be crazy if Blaj got the trophy :D
    i cant help myself supporting them :thumbsup:

• in third set..after Ting went to the seats due to her unknown injury then Vakıf's game dropped.team lost its rhythm and couldnt kill the balls.Guidetti couldnt guide his team well in that set.on the contrary Imoco improved and served defended and attacked better.i didnt get why Ting Zhu didnt come back in that set.When she wasnt on the court Gözde ,Robinson and Lonneke had difficulties killing the balls bcz Imoco was serving well and Vakıf's organization had been predictable

• People are calling Bricio out for her errs...yeah she had 7 reception errs. But she received 51 balls... while De Genaro 21 and Hill only 15.

I`m terrible in math but Bricio 51 vs 36 De Genaro/Hill... so basically Bricio received what 60% of every serve?? These 7 errs is expected when u r receiving this much. And still she had 45% in attack which is GREAT...while Hill received much less and had 39% in attack.

On the other side... Gizem received 33, Zhu 28 and Godze 27.

Vakifbank did a nice job targeting Bricio...and it almost "did not" pay off...

All the people bashing Fabris... give yourself a break. Either u guys like it or not she`s TOP 10 OPP in the World... remind me how many times she has been top score in Italy?? She had a had a hell of a game...

Malesevic really worries me.... at least from the NT all she can be is a 2nd libero... That will work against almost everyone expect against China and Brazil.

At least it was well money spent for the Serbians and the Turkish Libero. I heard someone saying something about Cleger...but they did not just sign her for the Final 4...Cleger has played all season long for Alba.

Rabadzhieva had a great game... 40 reception and 19 points (41%). I really hope she stays in Turkey, she could replace Leys in Bursa. Too bad Cleger is going to Russia. Halkbank with her Salas and Sanchez would be a deadly trio.

• Well, when some people claim she plays on Zhu's level lately (and better than Boskovic), you have only yourself to blame for setting up yourself for ridicule (just to be clear, I do not mean crovolley here)... :whistle:

Also, to clear up, when I said top 10 in the world, I meant generally top 10 volleyball players in the world right now. Not top 10 Opp; of course she's among top 10 Opp!

• I think the Fabris bashing has more to do with crovolley than Fabris herself. Sometimes he is a little over-enthusiastic about her but yeah, she is clearly a good player.

• every player make mistakes......Picinini serve into the net in Game 3 basically gave Conegliano the tittle. Sheila served into the net in Rio and that basically gave China the Gold Medal... In London Sokolova`s overpass in the 5th set gave Brazil the Gold Medal.... I just watched Athens semi-final China vs Russia and in the 5th set( i think it was 13-11) and Gamova spiked into the net giving China the Gold medal point...... In the Grand Prix Zhu spiked it out and sent Italy to the final..

it is part of the game...if scoring at clutch time was easy...I guess volleyball would be a boring game right?? Like if anyone could do it...

• It looks like Sloetjes is much more set depending player than Fabris, many of you saw how She couldn't scorer with Naz sets and how much better She is playing with Cansu. So She depends about set quality as any other player, but now Fabris is only one who depends about set quality and Sloetjes outplayed her even though She scored 12points more with much better attack %. And still Fabris is not dven in Top 10 OPPs and Sloetjes is. Logic. Even after She outplayed Egonu and Haak in seria a play offs.

Please, stop it. For your own goodness. :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Naz had one of the worst match in her career. She had zero connection with all her spikers.

Fabris missed every single break point becuase Wolosz went to her out of system and managed to spike out even freed from the blockers...

What are you talking about?

What happened to Galatasaray? I had to go out with my girlfriend after the second set... Both the turkish teams underperformed in the semifinals.

• What happened to Galatasaray?

They were just terrible. Neslihan couldn't kill a ball, Gamze played horribly. Also they had no way to stop Ana Cleger.

• They were just terrible. Neslihan couldn't kill a ball, Gamze played horribly. Also they had no way to stop Ana Cleger.

Thanks. So they keps playing badly. Imoco was the only team close to its best in the semifinals. Vakifbank was so so or bad. Galatasaray didn't play at all. I don't know Alba Blaj well ebough to have an opinion.

I miss those epic finals like Bergamo-Dinamo Moscow or Bergamo-Fenerbahce. Now teams underpeform even in a Final 4. :white:

• Thanks. So they keps playing badly. Imoco was the only team close to its best in the semifinals. Vakifbank was so so or bad. Galatasaray didn't play at all. I don't know Alba Blaj well ebough to have an opinion.

I miss those epic finals like Bergamo-Dinamo Moscow or Bergamo-Fenerbahce. Now teams underpeform even in a Final 4. :white:

Vakifbank weren't near their best, but at least it was a close match. If Vakifbank win 3-0 in the final, which they likely will, that will be 8 3-0 CL finals in a row :lol: :white: