Iranian NT 2017

• And the circus continues, after hosting Stoychev for a week, they will host Kolakovic soon ! only in Iran they make these things public, all details they talk about even details of their negotiations with coaches.

something like
    ""we talked to Berruto last night, he said hello, he is bald but good, we are going to call Kolakovic tomorrow, yes we know he suck sometimes but he is a good coach in general, Andrea Gianni is our next candidate in line , if we can't get anybody else, we will call him we have his number !!""

that was a joke but honestly not that far from the truth.

• Iran is looking tragic on European tour. I never saw them playing this poor, simply horrible. I'm already wondering is Kolaković good choice for them as level of game even in 5th match is pathetic.

• Iran is looking tragic on European tour. I never saw them playing this poor, simply horrible. I'm already wondering is Kolaković good choice for them as level of game even in 5th match is pathetic.

They don't have the upper hand to pick the head coach. Iran is not a bad team, but they don't have enough quality players to fill up the 6 positions on court.

• I've watched yday vs Poland. I'm still shocked how poor they looked in all aspects. Offensive was predictable, block didn't exist and reception :aww: in 5th match they were looking worse than team under heavy workload and without any matches. Simply the worst Iran I've seen in years, if they continue like this it won't be good at all.

P.S. Where is Mahmoudi? Ghafour was hopeless

• I've watched yday vs Poland. I'm still shocked how poor they looked in all aspects. Offensive was predictable, block didn't exist and reception :aww: in 5th match they were looking worse than team under heavy workload and without any matches. Simply the worst Iran I've seen in years, if they continue like this it won't be good at all.

P.S. Where is Mahmoudi? Ghafour was hopeless

Mahmoudi has retired from NT after Rio Olympics.

• I moved some posts to new thread ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Roster of Iran for 2nd weekend isn't know yet or I can find it :D

Because Marouf might not participate in the rest matches of WL2017 and Vadi might have to replace him?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Am I the only one not sensing any leadership qualities from Marouf? :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• And because another thread about the Iranian NT had already existed, I merged them all now.

oh thanks, didn't notice it :D :flower:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Iran's roster for the 2nd week,

S: Marouf, SalAfzoon
    OP: Ghafour, Ghara
    L: Marandi, Heidari
    OH: Nazari, Ghaemi, Ebadipour, Manavinejad
    MB: Mousavi, A. Gholami. M. Gholami, Faezi

basically no change only replacing MirzaJP with semi-injured Mousavi

• Another genius decision by IVF, this time they will send U23 team to the Asian Championship ! X( 8| Iran lost the title last time by sending a B team and this team will be much weaker and most probably won't even make it to the semifinal !

This is stupid :thumbdown: Iran had won the Asian Champs only twice. I would prefer to even withdraw from the WGCC and focus on the continental title. at least they could rest some players like Marouf and Mousavi and let the rest play ?(

on another news, Adel Gholami and Manavinejad will miss the last WL weekend in Poland because of injuries. :S