Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• It seems Vakifbank, Fenerbahce and Eczacibasi are making an early statement that they are going to be in a tier all of their own, and the other can fight for the honor of finishing "best of the rest".

Another dominant performance by the main scorers of all three teams, Zhu, Rahimova and Boskovic.

• Also Galatasaray = EczV (16/17 edition) confirmed

Of course, since Galata brought the 2 players most responsible for the fiasco that was 2016/2017 Eczacibasi (besides coach Barbolini, of course).

• Of course, since Galata brought the 2 players most responsible for the fiasco that was 2016/2017 Eczacibasi (besides coach Barbolini, of course).

LOL So true....

Hey I don`t know if you got me message, I did reply back but I kept getting some err, and whenever I click on "private message" I still get some err message and I can`t see my inbox. Just in case you did not get it. According to Wkipedia MVP in Sydney was Croatian OH Barbara Jelic.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ll_at_the_Summer_Olympics

1984 – Lang Ping (CHN)
    1988 – Cecilia Tait (PER)
    1992 – Paula Weishoff (USA)
    1996 – Cintha Boersma (NED)
    2000 – Barbara Jelić (CRO)
    2004 – Feng Kun (CHN)
    2008 – Paula Pequeno (BRA)
    2012 – Kim Yeon-koung (KOR)
    2016 – Zhu Ting (CHN)

• oh my ^^

i don't follow club volleyball but only recently watched a game from turkish league and one from italian league...

hearing this talk of the cubans brought back so many memories! rachel sanchez first burst in the international scene right before the beijing olympics, right? in beijing, she became the starter MB (taking the spot of zoila barros) and she was only a teenager! where has she been?

daimi ramirez of course is a legend by now. she's played almost every position, but i think she's not going to be a dominant OPP at this age...

wilma salas i only knew her from a few games she played for CUB in the WGP many years ago. she was overshadowed by bigger hitters like yoanna palacios.

i wonder where all those great cubans are now: giel, cleger, palacios, silva, sillie etc.

• Palacios is now playing in Brazil for Bauru alongside Paula Pequeno. She was playing well at the OPP position. I like Palacios because she seems to be the cool one back when Brazil and Cuba always provoke each other at the net.

• Let us see whether galatasaray can win over Fenerbache(without natalia). If GS still loses, i think this season(including champions league) is already over for them, the only hope is that the starters of vakifbank, eczvitra and fener get injurerd. :teach:

• PP is still playing???? what????? next you gonna tell me mari steinbrecher is also playing?

i wonder, where are rosir calderon and nancy carrillo?

Mari is not playing this season, there are rumors she night join SESC/RJ, she played last season for Bauru.

Arlene is still playing, Erika Coimbra ( Bronze 2000 OG is still playing )

Nancy Carillo is playing in China for Evergrande

• Zhu Ting's spike approach is art. So unique, no need to run much, not much back swing. It just looks so easy and natural gifted.

i think most artistic approach amongst today's new generation players is Paula Egonu's : elegance and power !!! the last time when i felt this way was when i first saw Brazilian MB Fabina's serving

• Don't worry, I got the message (all of them). :wavy:

It seems that while messages can still be sent, the one who sends can not view them, nor can you enter "private message" area, as you said.

• Langping fianlly finds her successor. It costs 30 years to find another "In her own league" talent. Zhuper :super: Fighting and write the history in the coming olympic cycles ~~~

• Giel was supposed to play in Rabita Baku many years ago.. a problem came up, and she was inactive for some seasons.. last season she played in Serbia(?) if I'm not mistken, she was really bad. Cleger played in Rabita, and then in Telekom Baku, she did a very good job.. I love her, in fact I think she would be better then Daymi for Halkbank.. Silva is Gysele? She played in Rabita too, and became the starting OPP, with Skowronska as OH.. Two seasons ago she played in Halkbank with Logan Tom.. I don't know where she is not.. Sillie played in Turkey for few seasons, she did just okay

• Yes, Giel was in Serbian club Vizura last year, but she was in such bad physical shape that I don't think she even played at all.
    She really was one of the absolute best prospects in worldwide volleyball over the last 10 years, it's really a shame that she fell so low.

• i think most artistic approach amongst today's new generation players is Paula Egonu's : elegance and power !!! the last time when i felt this way was when i first saw Brazilian MB Fabina's serving

I have to disagree with this, Egonu's approach seems like she is jumping and throwing her arm, doesn't look like she is using her arm and power with her mind, more like she is just hitting. I know it is not like that but it seems like that. And i don't find it artistic or whatsoever.

• I like the way how Sheilla sells her crosscourt attacks then out of a sudden she goes for a line shot or her legendary tips. During her heydays... She makes the best liberos foolish inside the court. I guess that's art haha or maybe she's just smart. :obey:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I am curious if Seramiksan can beat Galatasay like they beat Eczacibasi last season, I honestly believe they have a shot. :rolll: This Gala is like the same as last EczV but a bit worse. Only thing is Seramiksan played 3 tiebreaks last game 4 weeks! So maybe they are a bit tired. Tbh if Kosheleva can't improve somehow it will be really hard for GS to finish 4th when Bursa, BJK, Seramiksan, Halkbank etc. have such improved rosters this season.