Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Congrats FB though both teams look like a disaster. The difference today is, FB had a libero, GS didn't.

At GS, players look like they hate Ataman and doing their best to make him kicked off. I mean, we watched Rabadzhieva's serves this summer in ECH and how a good server she was. Today she missed 6 serves and her other serves were useless. Both liberos are making amateur errors. Freeballs are delivered sky high and off the net to the setter. At some point, the defense looked like junior high school team's defense. There are only 2 servers in the team, Gamze and Neslihan, rest are either serving out or giving free balls to opponents. It is impossible for GS to win against 3 big teams with such servers and defenders. :mad:

• Its quite easy to blame Russian player's success as due to doping. Believe me, I KNOW that. As a Serbian, a thought crossed some deep part of my mind many times, of what would have happened at European Championship 2015 if...maybe Serbia would have been a 2-time consecutive champion right now... :whistle:

But it is all just a speculation. AFAIK, there has never been any direct proof than either Kosheleva or any of her NT colleagues have taken meldonium and it is unfair to assume that they did just because they are Russian athletes. Innocent until proven otherwise, right... :win:

She admitted to using it but still fair game considering the substance was not banned to that date.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• She admitted to using it but still fair game considering the substance was not banned to that date.

Right, I see now. My mistake, I wasnt aware of it. :lol:

Well...and considering that the beggining of her decline almost perfectly coincidates with medonium becoming banned...wow. :white:

• To be honest meldonium is nothing new to Russian athletes and is now proven to be a drug. She didn't do anything illegal indeed at that time, doesn't change the fact that her performance 'suddenly' dropped after the meldonium ban... Certainly this nowadays considered drug (for a reason) helped her a lot throughout her carreer. She is also by far not the only Russian athlete struggling with this drug ban, Maria Sharapova tennis 'legend' is also affected by it. Russia played meldonium smart, it's a drug that wasn't yet considered a drug at that time so nice tactic. Untill it got banned and federations became suspicious and performances began to drop :whistle:

• Should worry about TUE users, legal doping.

• im ignorant about those druggs...somebody can tell me if this meldonium is a great/supeb drug to increase players' performances,indeed ?? if so,then i may believe Kosheleva's perf. is affected mainly by that

• im ignorant about those druggs...somebody can tell me if this meldonium is a great/supeb drug to increase players' performances,indeed ?? if so,then i may believe Kosheleva's perf. is affected mainly by that

Meldonium was designed to enlargen the oxygen carrying ability of the body and also therefore improve endurance. It also increases immune system which means players can become very strong even improves a players mentall wellness. For example soviet soldiers used a lot of meldonium to improve in battles and it worked. Also meldonium users don't get tired quickly and even when they get tired don't need much time to recover if they re-use it. So very handy for sports and a very clear and serious drug... I agree that this is probably the main reason for her level drop :(

Edit:
    @Sisko if you read my posts you will see I never said she did anything wrong or illegal, although I do think it is wrong. the fact is she did take a drug and now she can't play like she used to anymore without it, not too hard to understand this logic and one will start to wonder about some things after realizing this. Also Maria is indeed very much affected by the fact that she can't use meldonium anymore but since this is a volleyball forum I won't focus on that anymore

• To be honest meldonium is nothing new to Russian athletes and is now proven to be a drug. She didn't do anything illegal indeed at that time, doesn't change the fact that her performance 'suddenly' dropped after the meldonium ban... Certainly this nowadays considered drug (for a reason) helped her a lot throughout her carreer. She is also by far not the only Russian athlete struggling with this drug ban, Maria Sharapova tennis 'legend' is also affected by it. Russia played meldonium smart, it's a drug that wasn't yet considered a drug at that time so nice tactic. Untill it got banned and federations became suspicious and performances began to drop :whistle:

We can't say that for sure. Sharapova has been struggling since she came back from her ban but that could be down to injuries (for example she skipped Wimbledon due to injury), also the fact that she had to take over a year off it is understandable that she would be rusty. Anyway, she may never come back to her best form now simply because she is many years past her peak.

IMO it is unfair to blame players when they are taking a "drug" that is within the rules. Maybe Kosheleva would never have been so great without meldonium, I have no idea. But the fact is she didn't break any rules so she did nothing wrong IMO.

• Meldonium was designed to enlargen the oxygen carrying ability of the body and also therefore improve endurance. It also increases immune system which means players can become very strong even improves a players mentall wellness. For example soviet soldiers used a lot of meldonium to improve in battles and it worked. Also meldonium users don't get tired quickly and even when they get tired don't need much time to recover if they re-use it. So very handy for sports and a very clear and serious drug... I agree that this is probably the main reason for her level drop :(

anymore but since this is a volleyball forum I won't focus on that anymore

thx beri for your explanation

• @Sisko if you read my posts you will see I never said she did anything wrong or illegal, although I do think it is wrong. the fact is she did take a drug and now she can't play like she used to anymore without it, not too hard to understand this logic and one will start to wonder about some things after realizing this. Also Maria is indeed very much affected by the fact that she can't use meldonium anymore but since this is a volleyball forum I won't focus on that anymore

I never said you said she did anything wrong, I just made that comment in case people were thinking that she did

I understand the logic perfectly well, but many athletes take medical supplements or vitamins and things that undoubtedly "enhance their performance" even if it is just iron supplements or using an oxygen pod to increase haemoglobin levels in blood. My point is it can become unclear to players what qualifies as a "performance enhancing drug" especially if it is provided to them by a team doctor or physio or whatever. So if that substance isn't explicitly banned by the official rules I don't really see a problem with using it, though I do get what you mean.

Obviously I don't agree about Maria, but OK let's not discuss that here.

• Congrats FB though both teams look like a disaster. The difference today is, FB had a libero, GS didn't.

At GS, players look like they hate Ataman and doing their best to make him kicked off. I mean, we watched Rabadzhieva's serves this summer in ECH and how a good server she was. Today she missed 6 serves and her other serves were useless. Both liberos are making amateur errors. Freeballs are delivered sky high and off the net to the setter. At some point, the defense looked like junior high school team's defense. There are only 2 servers in the team, Gamze and Neslihan, rest are either serving out or giving free balls to opponents. It is impossible for GS to win against 3 big teams with such servers and defenders. :mad:

Are you going to blame everyone in Galatarasay except for Kosheleva?

This is madness. You know what Kosheleva needs right now? Tough love. Her performance is abysmal for someone who is being protected from reception. :mad:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• And to answer your question. Galatarasay had to serve aggressively. They stood no chance against Fenerbahce if their serve was just soft. Fenerbahce has strong attackers from front and back not to mention a good setter that if they just serve just good then they are still going to be in trouble.

Now it's my turn to ask you a question...What do you want them to do? Remove Rabadzhieva because she's making errors? And who is going to receive? Kosheleva? You're funny. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Can we stop this Kosheleva thing once for all? It's boring right now.

She isn't paying well. Galatasaray made wrong transfers: they used to play amazing volleyball with solid passing and fast sets to the MBs and the OPP. Kosheleva doens't fit this style. That's all. Everyone would know that. Who's the one to blame, Kosheleva or who picked her? :wavy:

• QPL yea but the thing is Kosheleva doesn't seem to fit any style in any team atm. Kosheleva has to improve, even when she is fully covered she can't kill a ball. Also Kosheleva picked GS actually, she had requests from a few Turkish teams including FB, GS and more and even had other ones from countries like Japan. Kosheleva not good in attack while covered is a big problem and she shouldn't be like that normally so ofc ppl will start blaming her especially since it is the 2nd horrible season in a row for her.

• Can we stop this Kosheleva thing once for all? It's boring right now.

She isn't paying well. Galatasaray made wrong transfers: they used to play amazing volleyball with solid passing and fast sets to the MBs and the OPP. Kosheleva doens't fit this style. That's all. Everyone would know that. Who's the one to blame, Kosheleva or who picked her? :wavy:

Oh please even Russia doesn't fit her anymore. :gone: Right now... Kosheleva should be in South Korea or Japan where a team can revolve around her. Seems like Europe is not good for her anymore.

Galatarasay actually had some plans. Seda is there but currently unavailable to play(that is something any manager cannot do about). It is not their fault that Kosheleva who has a reputation for being a strong attacker and is underperforming right now as a receiver and as an attacker.

I agree that she may still improve but we will see. The clock is ticking for her. I hope the saying old dogs can't learn new tricks is not true to her story.

#FreeBritney

• QPL yea but the thing is Kosheleva doesn't seem to fit any style in any team atm. Kosheleva has to improve, even when she is fully covered she can't kill a ball. Also Kosheleva picked GS actually, she had requests from a few Turkish teams including FB, GS and more and even had other ones from countries like Japan. Kosheleva not good in attack while covered is a big problem and she shouldn't be like that normally so ofc ppl will start blaming her especially since it is the 2nd horrible season in a row for her.

I know and I agree. She's playing bad. It's the first thing I wrote. Let's wee what happens, she can improve her game anytime after all. ;)

• Its quite easy to blame Russian player's success as due to doping. Believe me, I KNOW that. As a Serbian, a thought crossed some deep part of my mind many times, of what would have happened at European Championship 2015 if...maybe Serbia would have been a 2-time consecutive champion right now... :whistle:

But it is all just a speculation. AFAIK, there has never been any direct proof than either Kosheleva or any of her NT colleagues have taken meldonium and it is unfair to assume that they did just because they are Russian athletes. Innocent until proven otherwise, right... :win:

That's just matter of fact: Kosheleva herself told once Meldonium was banned for her and her teammates at time before it became illegal - it wasn't long ago. The question is, if this drug is helping anyway, that is also seriously in doubt.

• The problem really for Galatarasay is stable reception.
    Everything starts from that.

It is not like they have bad receivers(Kosheleva excluded) but I think they are not used to an outside hitter not receiving in that kind of system so that can be a factor to their bad shape as a team. I feel right now... maybe they should ask or hire someone from Asian coach who can teach them to play into that system. Or maybe even hire an asian player? Or trade Kosheleva for someone better? :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• I love how people continue to declare a team or a player as "disaster" when the season is just two weeks old :rolll:

Nobody is in top shape now, least of all the NT players. But more important, nobody NEEDS to be in top shape now. We can judge Kosheleva after her performances in the big matches, not after 4 or 5 regular season matches (in which she undoubtedly didn't make a very convincing impression).

• I love how people continue to declare a team or a player as "disaster" when the season is just two weeks old :rolll:

Nobody is in top shape now, least of all the NT players. But more important, nobody NEEDS to be in top shape now. We can judge Kosheleva after her performances in the big matches, not after 4 or 5 regular season matches (in which she undoubtedly didn't make a very convincing impression).

Kosheleva was a mess since last season so we are accounting that to this and since Galatarasay is like a weakened version of EczV from starters to the bench last season then it is very easy to make a guess what is going to happen which most posters do not want to happen considering they are playing in the highest continental level too. Added pressure to stay on top. Added pressure not to fall of the standings. Always causes divided focus and when that happens... could lead to unfortunate disasters like last year for EczV. :mirror:

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().