Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I am sorry but no single starting player deserved to be at court instead of the bench players. Not Zhu, not Rasic, Not Naz and not Gözde or Kübra or Gizem. Imo he should have made the changes even earlier. Tuğba for Gözde, Zehra for Kübra, Kelsey for Zhu and Ayca for Gizem. Instead he chose to not do this and replace Zehra for Kübra for only 2 minutes while Zehra was doing already much better.

Yes, he makes the change earlier although the result maybe the same. The whole team is not in status in this match. The regroup of ecz vitra is succcessful. The play-off match will be more interesting. :teach:

• Zehra should have been started. She is already better than Kubra.
    Robinson came in and didnt bring any better reception nor attack. Huge loss since Kim Hill is so much better than her and again Naz is a real problem of the team, she is even worse than Pankova.
    It was just not their day, but more importantly they need to step up their game soon.

Agree so much here, imo best Turkish MBs are Eda then Beyza then Zehra/Dicle. Kübra is so overrated and has been showing mediocre performance for years now, Guidetti doesn't give her any lessons though still starter for NT and Vakif and so she doesn't care. If I was Guidetti I would not pick her for next NT season as punishment if she plays like this. Girls her age and younger are better then her and are actually making improvements (Beyza, Zehra etc.) and we also still have Eda Erdem.

Look how good Meliha is playing after she didn't get picked for tournaments last NT season. The girl now feels she needs to fight for her spot and made huge improvements as she was leading the team next to Tijana :super:

• By USA measurement standards, hitting efficiency, (attacks divided by the sum kills minus errors and blocks) Zhu was 0/22. She had 5 kills with 5 errors for a hitting efficiency of zero. By comparison Bosko was at 50% at 16/32. By the time Zhu came back in to the front row it was already 20-9 and Vakif had only one complete rotation with Zhu never getting back to the front. That last set reminds me of last years incredible comeback by Vaki's subs against ECZ which seemed to break ECZ after their hot start when they won the early Club World Championships. I wonder what impact this loss will have on Vakif going forward?

• By USA measurement standards, hitting efficiency, (attacks divided by the sum kills minus errors and blocks) Zhu was 0/22. She had 5 kills with 5 errors for a hitting efficiency of zero. By comparison Bosko was at 50% at 16/32. By the time Zhu came back in to the front row it was already 20-9 and Vakif had only one complete rotation with Zhu never getting back to the front. That last set reminds me of last years incredible comeback by Vaki's subs against ECZ which seemed to break ECZ after their hot start when they won the early Club World Championships. I wonder what impact this loss will have on Vakif going forward?

How smart are you to state Zhu's efficiency rate to Boscovic' success rate.

I know that Zhu plays badly in this match, it's partly due to injury.
    But never forget how Boscovic compared to the healthy Zhu in the last season and the world majors.

• what happened ? :D i couldnt watch the match..and that last set :white:

Vakıfbank has had built its kingdom in the matches over Vitra for so many years....lets see how this "clear" win will have an impact on both teams performances

i can talk better after watching the match

• Can someone confirm that this season CL eligibility will be decided by position in the regular league standings and not by the end of season playoffs?

I think it is same as italy league. This year No.1 in regular season get one spot in CL directly. The other two spots will be decided at the play-offs. Because turkey has three spots. I think this is not a big problem for vakifbank for my point view.

• Of course this is the Club season and not NT season and everyone knows that Bosko and Zhu are the keys to their teams success. Today Bosko completely out delivered for her team. If Zhu's injury is chronic then Vakif will certainly struggle this year in CL against Imoco and Novara especially as it seems that Robinson is a downgrade from Hill.

• Of course this is the Club season and not NT season and everyone knows that Bosko and Zhu are the keys to their teams success. Today Bosko completely out delivered for her team. If Zhu's injury is chronic then Vakif will certainly struggle this year in CL against Imoco and Novara especially as it seems that Robinson is a downgrade from Hill.

Not only NT season. Last club season ECZ lost to Vakif how many times in a row? 9 or 10?

• Oh my god guys.. it's only one match, only one loss.. Zhu has been the key player for Vakifbank in so many matches, today she was bad, as well as every other player in Vakifbank.. also we have to give credit to Eczacibasi which played a very good first set.. they covered every single ball and managed to touch so many attacks woth their block.. I remember neither Zhu, Gozde, nor Sloetjes could get the ball down during that set..

• Oh my god guys.. it's only one match, only one loss.. Zhu has been the key player for Vakifbank in so many matches, today she was bad, as well as every other player in Vakifbank.. also we have to give credit to Eczacibasi which played a very good first set.. they covered every single ball and managed to touch so many attacks woth their block.. I remember neither Zhu, Gozde, nor Sloetjes could get the ball down during that set..

I agree.

And, if all the spikers can't get the ball down, we all know where the problem is.

• Last club season ECZ lost to Vakif how many times in a row? 9 or 10?</blockquote><br>

Last seasons last season, this is the new year. If it turns out that Zhu's injury is chronic and this is the level she will play at through out the season then Vakif may be at risk to not qualify for CL. I'm not sure that robinson is strong enough to carry the team against the stronger second tier teams which would limit Zhu's rest periods. If Gala can sort out Koshe and get her back to a high level of attack with Neslihan functioning as a receiving OP then the fight to avoid the number four spot will be intense.

• VVSL Results of Week 7 :

Beşiktaş - Halkbank : 3-0
    Stats
    good game by Alesia R. Cubans perf. seem good
    Galatasaray - Bursa BB. : 3-1
    Stats
    Youtube
    Kosheleva has beein doing fine in the recent matches if Gala could deal with passing well then Gamze can make Kosheleva shine (at least better than the last seasons)
    Ilbank - Fenerbahçe : 0-3
    Stats
    Youtube
    no wins for Ilbank in VVSL so far.Santos been doing still well
    Çanakkale B. - K.Beylikdüzü VI : 3-2
    Stats
    Çanakkale won Joyce played.Another 3-2 match by Beylikdüzü.
    Nilüfer B. - Seramiksan : 2-3
    Stats
    Nilüfer lost at home.Good game by Anne Buijs and Meryezm Boz.Seramiksan's Bayramova played her best offensive game so far,Malesevic too.
    Eczacıbaşı Vitra - Vakıfbank : 3-0
    Stats
    Youtube
    good game by Tijana

Standings :
    1.Fenerbahçe 7-0 (22,8 points)
    2.Eczacıbaşı Vitra 7-0 (22,7)
    3.Vakıfbank 6-1 (18,4)
    4.Galatasaray 4-3 (14)
    5.Bursa BB. 3-4 (12,2)
    6.Halkbank 3-4 (10,6)
    7.Beşiktaş 3-4 (10,1)
    8.Nilüfer B. 2-5 (9,4)
    9.Seramiksan 3-4 (8,3)
    10.K.Beylikdüzü VI. 2-5 (6)
    11.Çanakkale B. 2-5 (5,6)
    12.Ilbank 0-7 (3,3)

• Robinson is another player completely out of shape. She didn't play the whole summer. She was just as slow as Rasic today. The serbian in the one who impressed me the most: I can't remember the last time was so invisible on court. Just look at Meliha, who had a proper club season preparation, to notice how good she played.

The last NT tournament in the half of october and the national leagues started one week later. There is no respect for the clubs. This is insane.

And please, stop this Naz thing: she had to run under the net for 2 sets in order to save her teammates' passes.

Eczacibasi won because its players showed a better team play, shape and service.