Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• i dont think boskovic will play for vakifbank.i dont know where did you listen to it.but before zhu went to turkey first year,this thing was likely to happen. but now its difficult because both of zhu and boskovic have improved a lot and have more good results.maybe its fate.in 2016,ecza manager kept kosheleva to refuse zhu. now though zhu sigh her contract every single year,but wherever zhu will stay,its difficult to let ecza to let boskovic go to other club.and we (volleyball fans here or p around the world) love to see zhu VS boskovic no matter in NT or clubs.it was difficult to see their performance in turkey cup last year.that is so enjoyable to see best two players show their determination

I'm not claiming it as a rumour, I'm merely speculating what would it look like if such a thing were to happen. I'm curios to know the thoughts of other members what would such a team be like (and also whether they would want it to happen or not).

• Janko

Ofc in theory it would be an unbeatable team, but it doesn't necessarily always work out that way. Also even if they would be completely unbeatable, which is very likely when you have 2 of the worlds very best spikers. I still think it would not be benificial for the players game long term. I don't think Tijana or Zhu would have to push their game as much as they do now because they would have each others back. And if they don't give 100% anymore it could potentially mean their level overall would drop.

Personally I wouldn't like to see it happen as the team would be way overpowered and the Zhu vs. Tijana rivalry thing is what keeps us excited to watch. :D. That all would be gone with that. However just for the sake of seeing these 2 play together and what a monster duo that would be I would love to see them together in like an All Stars match or like in the Italian league locals vs foreigners type of match. That would be awesome! But thats as far as I would go.

• I hope Zhu will take the Championship this year...Key players for Vakif the setter and Lonneke(if she will kill her balls)
    For Ecza Jordan Larson...

Rasic is the best blocker together with Yan Ni(They are not good in offence)
    Rasic-Zhu is the best blocking duo MB-OH

• Janko

Ofc in theory it would be an unbeatable team, but it doesn't necessarily always work out that way. Also even if they would be completely unbeatable, which is very likely when you have 2 of the worlds very best spikers. I still think it would not be benificial for the players game long term. I don't think Tijana or Zhu would have to push their game as much as they do now because they would have each others back. And if they don't give 100% anymore it could potentially mean their level overall would drop.

Personally I wouldn't like to see it happen as the team would be way overpowered and the Zhu vs. Tijana rivalry thing is what keeps us excited to watch. :D. That all would be gone with that. However just for the sake of seeing these 2 play together and what a monster duo that would be I would love to see them together in like an All Stars match or like in the Italian league locals vs foreigners type of match. That would be awesome! But thats as far as I would go.

Excellent post. :thumbup:

I completely share your thoughts, from the fear that in the long-run, their team-up might be detrimental to their own game (and for exactly the reasons you stated), to the notion that Zhu vs Tijana has become THE narrative as far as the rivalry between these 2 great teams go (whether someone likes that or not, and with absolutely no intention of slighting any of the other world-class players these 2 teams have), but also with the undeniable pull that this hypothetical monster duo playing on the same team has (which is, after all, ultimately the reason I was drawn to ask this question :D ).

And I also agree with your proposed solution to this conundrum, a potential All-Star match! :thumbup:

• Do or die game. Befitting the grand finale. :drink:

May the best team win!

• First set to Vakif, but this match is not like the last one because ECZ is actually playing well. If Boskovic can step up her game I think Eczaci still has a good chance.

• Double touch is such a subtle call

• I hope Sloetjes performance in these last 2 matches has stopped anyone calling her a choker.

Meanwhile, does Cansu really have to scream so loud after every point?

• I hope Sloetjes performance in these last 2 matches has stopped anyone calling her a choker.

Me too. I think that Gui guy might end up being the choker