CEV Cup 2018

• Some truly amazing serves for sure from Brakocevic, but their game is awfully predictible, putting virtually all balls to Brakocevic now in the third and she has started to get blocked down A LOT...its rare to see any player getting blocked down so many times in a set as her in set 4 here. I have lost the count personally.

• Some truly amazing serves for sure from Brakocevic, but their game is awfully predictible, putting virtually all balls to Brakocevic now in the third and she has started to get blocked down A LOT...its rare to see any player getting blocked down so many times in a set as her in set 4 here. I have lost the count personally.

I counted at least 4 kill blocks on her in 4th set.

• I'm glad both teams continued with their best line-up in tie-break even though Uralochka was through to next round after 4 sets. And they put up another marvelous blocking performance in 5th set :white:

On the one hand Hashimoto ended up being too predictable and sometimes set too low and too close, but nevertheless Uralochka's block did a great job technically in terms of timing, positioning and arms posture.

• Regarding the duel Ekaterinburg vs. Bukarest: the Tigresses lost this one already at home with a below average performance, and Uralochka could make full use of this fact in the return match today.

The only surprise result (in limited manner) was the defeat of LP Viesti SALO (FIN) against Kralovo Pole BRNO (TCH), because the favourited finnish team won the first match abroad in three sets against Brno, and lost at home against the Czech team clearly and also the Golden Set in the end. But Salo ist not performing at its best currently, because they failed in semis of Finnish cup against later (first time) winners and eternal rivals HPK HÄMEENLINNA already and lost that way the national cup.

• I watched Bucuresti as well and felt so sad when they lost set 4 after being 1-2 3-8 up. Brakocevic had a 11 point serve streak which included lots of aces as well in set 3. :super: it was 14-12 then 14-23 with Jovana serve. I would love to see Jovana again in big clubs :heart:

• The most interesting matches in 1/8 finals round are supposed to be (roughly in order of suggested quality):

Eczacibasi vs. Busto Arsizio

Minsk vs. Béziers (no clear favourite I think)

Schwerin vs. Khimik (at least I assume Khimik will win todays return match and that way being Schwerins opponent; also not that clear who will prevail)

• Eczacıbaşı will play against all the few strong teams in this cup: Busto-Krasnoyarsk-Pomı-Uralochka :box:

• I start watching right in team to assist Busto clear defeat at the end of the second set :(

Why Negretti has a libero jersey? She is very helpful with her serve run... Does Spirito has physical problem? Or CEV different rules about number of players/libero on the bench?

Oh fly the arena is very terrible empty!

• Why Busto didn't signed any foreign MB ? They have only 1 foreign player in their team

Some players looks like like they came her to play because they need to, and that is it. And Eczacibasi is all about Boskovic, Busto Diuof-Bartsch so boring.

• I must say I'm gladly surprised that Busto won that set, they seemed to being playing shakily/off since the beginning of it, despite it was quite point-to-point. Keep up girls!

• In second half of 3rd set Diouf :roll: literally made over 10 points with 100%.

And Busto took 3rd set after losing first set 29:27, looks like Turkish top teams are not that stronger than Seria A top teams even though Busto is 4th in Seria A.