Russia - Superliga 2017/18

• Pasynkova would have won the unluckiest player award if it ever existed, after the injury she got in the first game of last season, unfortunately the same thing happened yesterday to her ;( I would be extremely surprised if she ever comes back to the court. Heartbreaking, I think she's the only player who continuously got injured in the first game of the season. Once is painful enough, but twice...

• It's really funny... Everyone who got partnered with Kosheleva especially Outside Hitters gets injured or has their form seriously diminished. Fe Garay, Sokolova, Scherban, Larson etc. I'm sure Pasynkova is one of those players. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Again Achilles tendon?? :white:

Too bad I couldn't understand any Russian and by far there's no info about her injury, but from what I saw, Sasha was holding her ankles before getting taken out of the field, so it's probably Achilles tendon again :S
    So unfair, she just got back from a heartbreaking season-out 2016-2017.

• Too bad I couldn't understand any Russian and by far there's no info about her injury, but from what I saw, Sasha was holding her ankles before getting taken out of the field, so it's probably Achilles tendon again :S
    So unfair, she just got back from a heartbreaking season-out 2016-2017.

I just watched the video on tvstart.ru. She twisted her knee in a bad landing, so probably ACL ;(

She's 30 years now, and counting all injuries she had in the last 10 years she missed at least 3 years of playing with shoulder, knee and achilles injuries. I guess the latest one is the nail on her career coffin.

• Looks like Kosianenko run back to daddy after Terzic left her as reserve in favor of Vetrova and they still have Marina. :rolll:

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…m-dinamo-to-zarechie.html

I may be saying mean things to Terzic but atleast the guy has an eye for setters lmao having Maja and Antonijevic at his disposal for serbia is like a blessing :rolll: so it's not something that we can say that came about as a surprise.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Vadim Pankov claims that his daughter wasn't treated fairly in Dinamo and is very unhappy and vocal about it. According to him, Pankova was told that there was no guarantee that she'd be starting over Vetrova and Babeshina, and both she and daddy were upset about it and thought she deserved better, so she decided to leave. The Dinamo staff have expressed disappointment over such allegations and claim that Pankova was treated just like any other player.
    Looks like the split was far from amicable.

In other news, Dinamo lost very easily to Yenisey, with a whole bunch of errors. Goncharova threw away the whole 10 points all on her own. :S

• Lol those two better just shut up. It's not like Pankova was dragged off from the starter list by physical force. She has done it by her own doing. I still feel bad for Babeshina being passed over in favor of Pankova in the Russian NT. There must be some kind of politics happening that kept Pankova in that position for a long time despite poor performances. That statement from his father just solidifies the rumours.

#FreeBritney

• Vadim Pankov claims that his daughter wasn't treated fairly in Dinamo and is very unhappy and vocal about it. According to him, Pankova was told that there was no guarantee that she'd be starting over Vetrova and Babeshina, and both she and daddy were upset about it and thought she deserved better, so she decided to leave. The Dinamo staff have expressed disappointment over such allegations and claim that Pankova was treated just like any other player.
    Looks like the split was far from amicable.

In other news, Dinamo lost very easily to Yenisey, with a whole bunch of errors. Goncharova threw away the whole 10 points all on her own. :S

She is just so used to being given the starting position, she doesn't even know that she has to earn it. It is just unbelievable

• The biggest surprise after 4 match days for all teams is the lead of Zarechie Odinzowo and the fith place for Leningradka St.Petersburg. But of course, the season is young, and also if Krasnoyarsk will perform as finalist for example is far from clarified.

• From which website are you guys checking the stats?

• Clear three set victory of defending champions Moscow against Odinzovo. The first three, Kazan, Krasnoyarsk and Moscow have now all 5 to 1 victories and 15 points, Odinzovo just two points less.

• Who is that very old very grumpy coach of Metar? He's not the head coach listed on their homepage...next to him Karpol almost looks like a nice grandpa :D

Karpol sent his junior setter Gudova (18 yrs) on court in 2nd set and she does a good job.

• Overall Ekaterinburg is a mess this season, unlikely at least the past 5 years: they lost today their fifth match in a row and are just 7. in table now (!).

Kazan is better in sets now than both Moscow and Krasnoyarsk, the latter two can be differentiated currently just by ball point ratio (!). Odinzovo is losing ground, but is still 4., while Leningradka St.Petersburg lost at home in three against Proton, who are now directly behind them in table (5. and 6.). And the financially plagued Krasnodar is trailing the league and in serious danger to go down to Vishaya league next year...

• Startseva running all over the place and still having the strength to give a bump pass good enough to be hit by her attackers after even sliding to the floor. :obey:

Voronkova did not have a good 1st set. Reception was lowkey tragic. She got substituted but the girl who replaced her didn't do a better job. Towards the end she did better and manage to even serve to 10-1 in the 2nd set. :rolll:

Pankova proving my point again. She can't play under extreme pressure. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Overall Ekaterinburg is a mess this season, unlikely at least the past 5 years: they lost today their fifth match in a row and are just 7. in table now (!).

Kazan is better in sets now than both Moscow and Krasnoyarsk, the latter two can be differentiated currently just by ball point ratio (!). Odinzovo is losing ground, but is still 4., while Leningradka St.Petersburg lost at home in three against Proton, who are now directly behind them in table (5. and 6.). And the financially plagued Krasnodar is trailing the league and in serious danger to go down to Vishaya league next year...

Odintsovo played against weak teams at the start of the league. The true test will be this four-games fixture from Moscow, Kazan, Uralochka and Yenisey. The second round also awaits. Saratov can be more difficult after it unexpectedly defeated Dinamo Moscow in the Russian Cup

#FreeBritney

• Odintsovo played against weak teams at the start of the league. The true test will be this four-games fixture from Moscow, Kazan, Uralochka and Yenisey. The second round also awaits. Saratov can be more difficult after it unexpectedly defeated Dinamo Moscow in the Russian Cup

Especially Proton Saratov can be very dangerous at home in the first place indeed.