2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Well, I guess overall it's a deserved win for France mainly for the great first two sets. However their level dropped a lot afterwards, Toniutti totally forgot about his middles and forced Ngapeth way too much. They can thank Boyer for being at his best and saving their necks eventually.

Still, very entertaining match overall!

• Boyer has improved so much in consistency since his debut last year. He's not just brute force. As a high jumper, this guy has also got skills. He could be better than his predecessor, Rouzier.

I don't really want to see Russel in Tokyo. He makes too many errors. He's just lucky that he got a good club team that gave him the experience to play in high level but still his errors are always almost rookie mistakes. Defalco and Jaeschke have higher ceiling for improvement and consistency given a good pro experience.

I don't know what you guys are yapping about but the match was above average. Sure there are mistakes here and there but I though it was high level as both teams are grinding on the floor.

• Boyer has improved so much in consistency since his debut last year. He's not just brute force. As a high jumper, this guy has also got skills. He could be better than his predecessor, Rouzier.

Yup. He has perfect combination of athleticism and technique. I always compare him with Patch since they both debuted last year but Boyer has leapfrogged his game by so much. He is the opposite player to watch out for in the coming years.

• I don't really want to see Russel in Tokyo. He makes too many errors. He's just lucky that he got a good club team that gave him the experience to play in high level but still his errors are always almost rookie mistakes. Defalco and Jaeschke have higher ceiling for improvement and consistency given a good pro experience.

I don't know what you guys are yapping about but the match was above average. Sure there are mistakes here and there but I though it was high level as both teams are grinding on the floor.

Well I don't agree on the level on the match.. Was it entertaining? Yeah sure, but that doesn't mean it was high level.. Too many errors, not too many long rallies.. also USA's defense looked messy to me, free balls and no one calls to get them, easy tips and two players jumping for them, not to talk about the net play... so many missed joust plays..

Congrats to France.. but I do think USA could have done a much better job

• I don't really want to see Russel in Tokyo. He makes too many errors. He's just lucky that he got a good club team that gave him the experience to play in high level but still his errors are always almost rookie mistakes. Defalco and Jaeschke have higher ceiling for improvement and consistency given a good pro experience.

I don't think Russell is a bad player, but overall I like Jaeschke much more than him. He seems much more consistent. Let's see how his body behaves after his ACL recovery.
    So France vs. possibly Russia in the finals, huh? I think this is France's to lose to be honest.

• Yup. He has perfect combination of athleticism and technique. I always compare him with Patch since they both debuted last year but Boyer has leapfrogged his game by so much. He is the opposite player to watch out for in the coming years.

Boyer's serve and hit selection are so much better than Patch's now. If he had Patch's height too... :cheesy:

• Well, I guess overall it's a deserved win for France mainly for the great first two sets. However their level dropped a lot afterwards, Toniutti totally forgot about his middles and forced Ngapeth way too much. They can thank Boyer for being at his best and saving their necks eventually.

Still, very entertaining match overall!

Le Goff and Le Roux are 7/8 and 5/6 in spiking efficiency, but Toniutti as usual is quite conservative and ignored his MBs most of the time. Le Goff is in top form indeed!

We already had this talk months ago, when he was back from his injury. Everybody could see how much Perugia's level dropped during the play-offs when Russell was struggling with his shape. The team needed to play 3 matches in the QFs, 5 matches in SFs and the Finals, while in the regular season we were pretty unstoppable with full forces. It would happen the same to the USA team. We all know he's the crucial player of the team, just like N'Gapeth for France.

BTW Aaron looks definitely better now than months ago, even though he's not at his best yet, of course.

• The mistake on the american coach speraw's part was taking for granted the result of the poland final round match. They didn't even play well with that lineup(Patch-Anderson-Sander), Poland was just a mess. All the teams outside of the final 6 could beat them considering all their substantial losses before the final round. He probably thought it was his strongest roster or he wanted to see if Patch could go beyond his limits. Conclusion: He's not there yet.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• We already had this talk months ago, when he was back from his injury. Everybody could see how much Perugia's level dropped during the play-offs when Russell was struggling with his shape. The team needed to play 3 matches in the QFs, 5 matches in SFs and the Finals, while in the regular season we were pretty unstoppable with full forces. It would happen the same to the USA team. We all know he's the crucial player of the team, just like N'Gapeth for France.

BTW Aaron looks definitely better now than months ago, even though he's not at his best yet, of course.

I guess this Mapuan guy have already forgotten how USA almost went out of the Rio Olympics during the preliminary round if it wasn't for the consistency of that player named Aaron Russell. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• USA has been really crappy since the libero Shoji's performance became mediocre and mediocre.

Anyone who thinks he's world class is an idiot who can't observe the games. :gone:

Thales is my favorite new libero. He only lacks the defense part. If he could improve his read on the spike trajectories, he'll be world class in no time. He already has one of the best reception in this tournament which is the most important skill by a libero no doubt. The defense would only make him greater.

#FreeBritney