2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Kinda crazy that Argentina is playing with like, their fourth setter.
    Even weirder to see how Poglajen really developed enough to be a starter in the NT. Never thought he'd get there for some reason, but he's really became a super solid player.

I recall Poglajen has been a starter for quite some time? He’s not like those famous big guns at the OH position, but he’s an all-rounder with consistent performance.

• Question for Japanese fans: where is Ishikawa? I feel like he only plays some random tournaments here and there and then disappears.
    Also Nishida!! :obey:

Sorry to be late!

Ishikawa missed 1st and 2nd week because he has a slight pain on his knees and his back. He's planned to join the team on 3rd week.
    He's certainly the biggest talent our NT ever had, but he had too many injuries after 2015 World cup and missed most of the tournaments :S I

• Starting from the Rio Olympics, often I’ve been hearing a short piece of music played by the live DJs after a good rally. That piece of music has only one sentence of non-English lyrics, ending in some sound like “Pooh ooh ooh ooh”. Anyone has ideas where this piece of music comes from?

• Chinese libero is so unthoughtful. He keeps bump setting Jiang Chuan whenever possible.

China are so lazy in defense.

Tong Jia-hua becomes the main libero in 2015. Until now, Ren Qi is still active and he has returned NT through some photos about Team B whose head coach is Shen Qiong! Tong has been criticized for 3 years. Tong's reception is just adequate and otherwise, Xie Guo-chen and Raul Lozano wouldn't trust him. Tong's setting the ball and defense is weaker whether he is in Chinese NT or Shanghai VC.
    About the defense, because the skill of Chinese local coaches becomes lower and lower, after Wang Jia-wei, Di An-he, Zhou Jian-an and Xie Guo-chen, all show so many disadvantages in the international tournaments. At last, Raul Lozano becomes the first foreign head coach of Chinese men's NT. "What is the defense?" "In the men's volleyball, the defense and the reception are the same." "There are only five basic skills in volleyball - serve, spike, block, set, dig [the defense and the reception]." - these minds are all wrong, but in Chinese volleyball environment, they are so common. Therefore, the defense is the largest disadvantage of Chinese men's NT and it will increase the difficulty that Chinese men's NT becomes a strong team around the world.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Starting from the Rio Olympics, often I’ve been hearing a short piece of music played by the live DJs after a good rally. That piece of music has only one sentence of non-English lyrics, ending in some sound like “Pooh ooh ooh ooh”. Anyone has ideas where this piece of music comes from?

I hear the sentence just like "/mi:/ /Ə/, /sƏ/, /hu:/, /u:/, /u:/, /u:/".
    /hu:/, /u:/, /u:/, /u:/ equals “Pooh ooh ooh ooh”.
    I think it equals "one, two, three, go, go, go" in English language.
    However, "/mi:/ /Ə/, /sƏ/, /hu:/, /u:/, /u:/, /u:/" isn't right whether in Chinese language or Japanese language.
    Chinese: "/ji:/ /Ə:/ /sen/, /dƷa://jƏu:/, /dƷa://jƏu:/, /dƷa://jƏu:/" (一,二,三,加油,加油,加油)
    Japanese: "/jitʃ/ /ni:/ /sʌŋ/ /hai/ /hai/ /hai/" (Japanese romaji: ichi, ni, sann, high, high, high, Chinese: 一,二,三,嗨嗨嗨)

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Are you sure it's not "here comes the boom"?

• Sorry to be late!

Ishikawa missed 1st and 2nd week because he has a slight pain on his knees and his back. He's planned to join the team on 3rd week.
    He's certainly the biggest talent our NT ever had, but he had too many injuries after 2015 World cup and missed most of the tournaments :S I

Thanks for answering! It's such a shame he doesn't get to play more. Watching him is always a delight.

I recall Poglajen has been a starter for quite some time? He’s not like those famous big guns at the OH position, but he’s an all-rounder with consistent performance.

Yes, that's my point. I remember him being on the bench for a while a few years ago (mostly to Quiroga?), but he's finally come into his on.

• Luburic's folded shorts that it almost turns into an underwear is killing me right now. :dance6:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Muserskiy's serve stabilized which makes him a complete MB in my eyes. He's terrifying before then add the serve and he's now a god tier MB. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Serbia's ball handling is atrocious even with a sky high free/chance ball. They are missing every opportunity Russia is giving them.

saishuu :drink:

#FreeBritney

• Watching Linisac plays in this super tight short shorts is giving me heart race.

If only Sokolov was here... Last year's World League, Bulgaria had the best jerseys specifically the white one. :obey:

#FreeBritney