2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• These referees need a crash course on the video challenge asap. Main referee almost screwed Canada over in the last point of the first set, the ones from BRA-USA took a few points from Brazil too...

• The ref from the Brazil- USA game is famous for screwing up. They don't like him in Mexico, and he is Mexican! I watched him screw up a women's match so badly last year..

But the Brazil-USA turned out to be a great game anyway! It's nice when both teams start playing well at the same time. USA v Brazil always guarantee good matches - Felt bad for USA because they started well - perhaps got a little cocky. I'm very interested in the Poland V Italy, and Brazil v Russia match ups next round. I expect Russia to have their big guns at home.

• The ref from the Brazil- USA game is famous for screwing up. They don't like him in Mexico, and he is Mexican! I watched him screw up a women's match so badly last year..

But the Brazil-USA turned out to be a great game anyway! It's nice when both teams start playing well at the same time. USA v Brazil always guarantee good matches - Felt bad for USA because they started well - perhaps got a little cocky. I'm very interested in the Poland V Italy, and Brazil v Russia match ups next round. I expect Russia to have their big guns at home.

Brazil will be traveling without Lipe, Éder and most importantly Wallace, so I'd bet in a Russian win if I had to.

But yeah, that referee is terrible, and so is the Canadian one.

• Amazing scenes in San Juan. Argentina played with such heart! Italy hasnt had a good round...such a difference from last week.... This is the most animated I have seen Velasco

• Confetti was a nice touch lol. It's like the won the final!

• I wasn't expecting this at all. Really great match from Tomy Lopez and Zanotti. Loser is shaping up great too, despite his not-great height for a MB he blocks a lot and his serve provides much more than Crer's.

I get the feeling that Italy is the team that depends THE MOST on it's serve. In the days it's not working they can lose to many teams that are, in theory, weaker.

• I wasn't expecting this at all. Really great match from Tomy Lopez and Zanotti. Loser is shaping up great too, despite his not-great height for a MB he blocks a lot and his serve provides much more than Crer's.

I get the feeling that Italy is the team that depends THE MOST on it's serve. In the days it's not working they can lose to many teams that are, in theory, weaker.

Seems like Italy is the personification of this forum sometimes, lots of "if"s... :whistle:

I was glad to see Zanotti playing. Although his team sucked, he had a great season in Brazil last year and was always one of the most consistent OHs in the league. Danani had some great moments too, despite almost giving away the game at the end of the second set.

• The Liga Argentina de Voleibol is one of the rising championship. The level is improving season by season. I really like it. :thumbsup:

I didn't watch the match and I don't care a bit about Italy, but it seems the guys had a very long and exhausting travel to Argentina. It's just my opinion based on their Instagram posts and stories...

• The Liga Argentina de Voleibol is one of the rising championship. The level is improving season by season. I really like it. :thumbsup:

I didn't watch the match and I don't care a bit about Italy, but it seems the guys had a very long and exhausting travel to Argentina. It's just my opinion based on their Instagram posts and stories...

That's perfectly undestandable, but still not an excuse given how everyone's been traveling a lot too. Brazil came from Serbia to home ground and still played what was imo the best game of the league so far against USA. I think Argentina simply outplayed them.

• That's perfectly undestandable, but still not an excuse given how everyone's been traveling a lot too. Brazil came from Serbia to home ground and still played what was imo the best game of the league so far against USA. I think Argentina simply outplayed them.

I know and I agree. As I told you, I didn't watch the game. I follow their Instagram accounts and they looked very tired about the travel. I'm even happy for Argentina. I really like this team. They will be even better in the years to come, having such a strong youth and junior NT. :win:

• I know and I agree. As I told you, I didn't watch the game. I follow their Instagram accounts and they looked very tired about the travel. I'm even happy for Argentina. I really like this team. They will be even better in the years to come, having such a strong youth and junior NT. :win:

Yeah, everyone is tired. Italy will probably have to rest Zaytsev and Juantorena eventually, even Brazil is letting go of Wallace for one full weekend (going from Serbia to Brazil to Russia must be brutal).

• Italy probably won't qualify to Final Round. There was a good atmosphere in Italian team in the first round . Zaytsev was humble, Juantorena was even a bit too much supportive, Giannelli was excited to find someone who can score , everybody was sharing photos...
    Then Italian media did the same mistake again, trying to show the team is only about Zaytsev. It affected Giannelli,who tried to avoid Zaytsev in the fisrt Canada match. It affected Zaytsev, who turned into his diva attitute and started the play 'blame game ' with his mimics and reactions. I think this is where he lost Juantorena this week, there was a disagreement between them in Canada match , if you pay attention you can see they are avoiding each other in celebrations in contrast to first week .
    Adding to Blengini's absolutely stupid preparation plan to already fragile atmosphere, the future of Italy at least in this VNL doesn't look good. Blengini is trying to kill already dead tired guys ,without giving them necessary rest time. They are very lucky no one got injured
    It is inevitable atmosphere will worsen in Modena round, where media will play their role to maximum and trying to show us volleyball is a sport that can be played only by Zaytsev ,others are only there to witness and be blamed if something goes wrong.
    Now there will be also Lanza's comeback which will further complicate the atmosphere.