2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• So this was a fair play?? I see that you have double standards :whistle:

Errm, yes? Bruno's serve was regular. Serbia choked and Bruno took advantage of their mess. He didn't disrespect the team in any moment whatsoever. If you're grasping at straws just to disprove my point and protect a player you like from criticism, perhaps you should try harder.

• Micah and Anderson not playing. So USA is playing without their two most important players..

• Micah and Anderson not playing. So USA is playing without their two most important players..

No Shoji or Smith as well. Not sure why they wouldn't want to face Brazil in the semis (if France does beat Serbia as expected)...

• Maybe USA thinks they have a bigger chance beating France versus Brazil? That's why I have big respect for teams like France, Russia & Brazil playing with their strongest squad as much as they can

• It's a good shift for me. Russell rarely plays as the OH1 and these are the players that will be playing with one another for atleast five years or more sans McDonnell and Watten. USA needs another opposite and giving Ensing this playing time is what will take him to the next level after NCAA. Patch had a hard time adjusting in Italy and that is attributed to his lack of exposure and his advanced age for a rookie.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Maybe USA thinks they have a bigger chance beating France versus Brazil? That's why I have big respect for teams like France, Russia & Brazil playing with their strongest squad as much as they can

Russia always playing their A squad? No! Musersky was rested when they saw the USA first 6 :rolll:

This is beneficial for USA. They are playing 2 games straight and Sander is injured. The kids need the get warmed up to this level of game just in case someone got injured again, they are somehow ready.

Defalco trying to get smart against Maxim during the last point of first set just didn't work. Boy needs more experience in order to outsmart a player of high caliber.

USA is already qualified and will play for 4 continuous days.. Seeding is valuable but this tournament is exceedingly exhausting and the injuries all over the place are judge to that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Errm, yes? Bruno's serve was regular. Serbia choked and Bruno took advantage of their mess. He didn't disrespect the team in any moment whatsoever. If you're grasping at straws just to disprove my point and protect a player you like from criticism, perhaps you should try harder.

Relax kids..... 8)

As a player, i would have done exactly the same as bruno. If the ref signals your serve, you serve. i am not sure though, whether the ref handled this situation correctly. Imo, if a team is not ready to play you can not call the serve. A warning for delayance would have been approbiate.....

• USA is already qualified and will play for 4 continuous days.. Seeding is valuable but this tournament is exceedingly exhausting and the injuries all over the place are judge to that.

Exactly. I think in a vacuum USA would rather play France than Brazil. But the benefit of being able to rest the starters in the middle of the tournament is too great an opportunity to pass up. I'm sure they have lots of data about how their guys play after resting vs. back-to-back.

• Russia always playing their A squad? No! Musersky was rested when they saw the USA first 6

One player's absence, does not make this Russia team less "A-team", on the other hand USA is playing without ANY of their starters :whistle:

• Relax kids..... 8)

As a player, i would have done exactly the same as bruno. If the ref signals your serve, you serve. i am not sure though, whether the ref handled this situation correctly. Imo, if a team is not ready to play you can not call the serve. A warning for delayance would have been approbiate.....

Agreed! Putting the blame on Brazil for that is totally unfair. Anyway, I'm done feeding the trolls. :lol:

• Quite a messy game, i have to say. Not the russians fault though....
    After two easy games, russian team will have to make a jump start tomorrow in order to beat a motivated France/Brasil. May not be that easy after you played two matches in a rather relaxed mode.

• Mikhaylov is such pure class :heart:

Anyhow, I think the France x Serbia game will be more exciting as both teams will need to win to qualify. I hope Ata will show his diva side again :lol:

• In the event both Russia and USA win their respective SF matches, Russia for surely will have the psychological advantage against USA in the gold medal match beating them twice 3-0

• The counter could've been better for USA. I didn't like that Kawika Shoji always go to pos 4 out of system. That burned De Falco out. Ensing could've gotten more balls whether it looks awkward for him or force a pipe on Russell.

#FreeBritney

• World Cup Brazil Belgium quarterfinal is becoming more entertaining than this match. :gone: It started with a promise but now,Serbia should do something(drastic I say) to make a turn around.

#FreeBritney

• So the semi finalists are:

Russia-Brazil
    France-USA

I will be rooting for both Russia and USA, I still have hope for my Mikhaylov x Anderson matchup lol