CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• They waited so long I had forgotten about this.

It’s not far away from what I would have picked but Hande and especially M. Popovic are unlucky to be excluded. I guess they didn’t want just 2 teams represented.

I agree with you.

I really don't get whole point of waiting for so long to announce this. Did they make a comprehensive study by using statistics and come up with what was obvious at the very first moment after final match is finished. It is not like they have made a special algorithm and use a super computer to make calculations for weeks:whistle:

• A legend called Francesca Piccinini said Simge was by far the best libero of the tournament.

The world doesn't go around your beloved italian team. Grow up, darling.

Libero Who got benched during the match Because of bad performance is not the best libero, libero Who had not ones, but few bad matches is not the best libero. Having very good matches at end of tournamate is good, but you need to be stabile one whole tournamate to be the best. And that was De Gennaro.

• Libero Who got benched during the match Because of bad performance is not the best libero, libero Who had not ones, but few bad matches is not the best libero. Having very good matches at end of tournamate is good, but you need to be stabile one whole tournamate to be the best. And that was De Gennaro.

With all the respect to De Gennaro, she wasn't anything spectacular. For some reason, she didn't have a good tournament. At her top game, she is of course better than Simge but considering this tournament she wasn't the best libero

• Libero Who got benched during the match Because of bad performance is not the best libero, libero Who had not ones, but few bad matches is not the best libero. Having very good matches at end of tournamate is good, but you need to be stabile one whole tournamate to be the best. And that was De Gennaro.

So Simge wasn't good because She had a weak game, while De Gennaro, that according to everyone didn't do anything special the whole tournament, Is the best.

Well, whatever...

• If not for that weak performance against Italy, I'd have Brankica as the MVP.

Sorry Jo, but I can't agree. It's not only that an MVP can't afford to be MIA against the strongest opponent in the tournament, but for all the reduced % of Tijana's kills in comparison to 2 years ago (as well as less points-per-set than in 2017), Tijana still had more points even though she played one less match than Brankica (and only 0.5 % of spike kills worse).

Brankica is a big game-changer, in that arguably no other NT has as lethal and potent a secondary weapon/scorer, but she is not, and probably never will be, an MVP-level player on the highest level. In other words, she is a picture-perfect Scottie Pippen, but she would be a poor Michael Jordan.

But with all that being said, I agree with those who wanted to give MVP award to Maja. She definitely deserved it, and it would have been a legendary achievement, to be an MVP of European Championship at 35!:obey::cheesy:

• So Simge wasn't good because She had a weak game, while De Gennaro, that according to everyone didn't do anything special the whole tournament, Is the best.

Well, whatever...

Weak GAMES** She literally had like 3 very good matches nothing else.

Anything special, just Because She wasn't the best libero in the World in some moments She was nothing special.

Nothing special De Gennaro and everyone else is HUGE differents. Thank U, next.

• Weak GAMES** She literally had like 3 very good matches nothing else.

Anything special, just Because She wasn't the best libero in the World in some moments She was nothing special.

I have to say something. For me it was her worst performance since many many years both in reception and defense.

Speaking of reception, I know she had to help Sylla and especially Indre as much as she could but Popović and Stenzel were totally covering Mihajlović/Stysiak and they basically covered half of the court.

• I have to say something. For me it was her worst performance since many many years both in reception and defense.

Speaking of reception, I know she had to help Sylla and especially Indre as much as she could but Popović and Stenzel were totally covering Mihajlović/Stysiak and they basically covered half of the court.

The point.

Crovolley.

• Weak GAMES** She literally had like 3 very good matches nothing else.

And you have a point there.. De Gennaro has set high standards for herself, and our expectations are bigger. That goes for Boskovic, Zhu, Egonu too.. if they don't score 30+ and hit 40% we say they have a bad match, and Bosetti getting 19 points is an outstanding performance... however other liberos perfomed better than her this tournament. That's about it