CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• BIH is playing well so far in the second set (i didnt watch first one)..Tijana's sister is playing as well and she is also a lefty :)

She did pretty well in Poland during last league season :wavy:but looking into current stats actually she hs only 6/23 spikes :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Czech Republic - Sweden 1:1

Estonia - Finland 2:0

Austria - Switzerland 1:2

I did not expect this.

• Surprises everywhere that shouldn't be THAT surprising ;) After all home advantage can be a GREAT advantage, and the previous qualification system (with one country hosting the whole tournament) was very unfair. I think now we get to see the real quality of the weaker teams.

• Haak is simply amazing!! What a player

• thx. in which team ?

I guess you're interested since she'll play in Sariyer ^^

Boskovic played in Enea PTPS Piła :) she was 7th scorer in league overall with 408 points.

Second scorer of her former club (OH Agata Babicz which will play in Budowlani Łódź) was ranked 28th with 293.

However, according to cumulated stats by DataVolley, she was also 7th ranked as OP behind Helic, Grobelna, Konieczna, Bociek, Miros and Kowalińska:

http://pls-web.dataproject.com…ics.aspx?ID=1049&PID=1101

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• thx ^^ honestly,im not much interested in the second division of turkey....ill try to follow her at times at least :lol: but TVF doenst still publish any stats about the second divison :aww:

• Belgium got first set 25-4 against iceland ..wow!! what a score !

what is the Belgian coach waiting for to give a chance to his backup players ?

I think, Iceland is not up to the task even playing in qualfication here. CEV should set minimum standards for this kind of participation IMHO. Final result -4,-8,-10, this was a massacre, not a match.

• Sweden is considered overall being a rather weak team, despite they have a star attacker (Isabelle Haak, one of the best in A1). This is embarassing for Czech team, which was clear-cut favourite IMHO, but I think, not all good players were with them, i.e. Aneta Havlikova was missing. And Michaela Mlejnková was not efficient today (I still think, she needs more time to rest now).

• I think, Iceland is not up to the task even playing in qualfication here. CEV should set minimum standards for this kind of participation IMHO. Final result -4,-8,-10, this was a massacre, not a match.

Well, how are they supposed to improve otherwise? Look at football, even there the stronger teams have to play matches against San Marino or Andorra, which may not be very exciting but are necessary to grow as a sport. I think this new qualification system is pretty good, similar to what we have in football, and gives everyone an equal chance.

• I guess Iceland got a spot because last year they won the championships of european small countries beating Cyprus etc.

• FIN-CZE is currently underways, stream on Laola.

Finland is badly missing Piia Korhonen. Vilponen is doing well as OPP but she is missed at OH this way, and Nr 11 at OH is just too weak.

I really like Alanko as setter, and she is doing a great job in defense as well.