CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Horrible news :down: Even 16 teams is bordering on too many, there always seem to be a couple of teams that are way out of their depth. Having 24 teams there is pure nonsense. Already looking forward to the classics that are Serbia vs Estonia and Russia vs Montenegro. :roll:

• I agree there is no point to watch many 3-0 matches. There are barely 12 competitive teams in whole Europe anyway. Considering there were only 36 countries played qualification tournaments, 24 is too much for a final tournament. Top 8 teams that couldn't participate this ECh are ROM, ESP, SVK, FRA, SLO, MNE, POR and AUT. None of these teams will add competitiveness of championship.

• agree, 12 would be enough if we took into consideration Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Poland, Croatia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Belgium and Azerbaijan :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• According to rumors: 4 pools of 6. Each country will host different pool. 4 of the 1/8 matches and 2 of the quarterfinals games will be played in Poland. (source: Przegląd Sportowy)
    I guess the semi- and final games will be played in Turkey.

• According to rumors: 4 pools of 6. Each country will host different pool. 4 of the 1/8 matches and 2 of the quarterfinals games will be played in Poland. (source: Przegląd Sportowy)
    I guess the semi- and final games will be played in Turkey.

Semi finals, finals and some of the quarterfinals will be in Turkey. But I still don't see the point of making teams travel so many times in a tournament :aww:

• On the other hand, top teams won't have to play qualification phase, and I think it's a good deal for them, no matter if they have to play 1 or 2 "easy" games in phase of groups. And, there're 47 federations in Europe (yes, I know more than the half with a very low level) but there's not other confederation in the world with this quantity of teams, so 24 could help to improve the level of these "not top teams". And, of course, with more countries playing, probably more attention received throughout Europe.

• On the other hand, top teams won't have to play qualification phase, and I think it's a good deal for them, no matter if they have to play 1 or 2 "easy" games in phase of groups. And, there're 47 federations in Europe (yes, I know more than the half with a very low level) but there's not other confederation in the world with this quantity of teams, so 24 could help to improve the level of these "not top teams". And, of course, with more countries playing, probably more attention received throughout Europe.

Yes, I also think it's quite good idea as 2 more matches won't change much for top teams. The problem is, there would be probably 3-0 matches which nobody wants to watch :down: For me what ECH are still missing is WCH qualification and WC/GC Cup qualification. TOP8 teams should qualify for WCH without additional tournament. Now ECH are lacking purpose.

• The qualifications tournament starts today.

12 teams will advance to the 2019 CEV ECH.

I guess it might be:

pool A: Belgium and Slovenia

pool B: Croatia and Austria

pool C: Ukraine and Greece

pool D: France and Portugal

pool E: Czech Republic and Finland (I feel so sorry for Sweden. Probably they will lose against Finland but are stronger than e.g. Portugal).

pool F: Romania and Spain

• Both Isabelle Haak and Rebecka Lazic are missing from Swedish roster:what:

Havlickova from Czech, Korhonen from FIN, Aelbrecht from BEL are missing

• I don't see Sweden beat Finland (even without Piia Korhonen). The Finns have become quite a solid team lately, no stars but pretty decent on most/all positions. Sweden might have a few widely-known names but has also more weak spots/positions which can be exploited IMO. But i can be wrong.

• Laola1.tv is going to broadcast the matches

there dont seem to be any competitive matches on the schedule on Day 1

once Israel had a team which was similar to Azerbaijan consisting of many foreigner nationals, was not a bad team

is Israeli team good enough currently? can they resist against Slovenia today ?

also, Austria vs. Switzerland match could be boring but interesting , couldnt it ?

maybe Czech R vs. Sweden too ?

id like to watch :

Bel vs Slovenia

Slovakia vs. Fin

Rom vs Esp

Ukr vs Gre

which team do you think will win the matches right above ?

• is Israeli team good enough currently? can they resist against Slovenia today ?

No :) Slovenia is quite a good team. I think they would beat for example Croatia or even Czech Republic.

Slovakia vs. Fin

Slovakia won't play in the qualification round. There are the host nation. Czech Republic replaced themin pool E.

• I assume Austria has the edge over Switzerland. Seems to me Austria played clearly more preparation matches this summer (in the near Maribor training centre also against NCAA teams on their overseas summer trips) and has more settled line-up right now. We will see...