CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• I think it was her hair that touched the net.

This is totally random, but how cool are those hanging balls in the arena in Bratislava :rolll:

It seemed like her arm sligthly touched it first followed by her hair after, thats what I saw. Hair touches still count btw afaik.

• The net touch was outside the antenna, so it was no fault.

So Belarus is almost surely eliminated, who would have expected that? I was sure they'd finish 3rd or even 2nd in the pool, but they lost against Spain and Slovakia :wavy:

Don't hair touches count? She touched it indeed outside the antenna first but then her hair touched the net as well.

• Don't hair touches count? She touched it indeed outside the antenna first but then her hair touched the net as well.

It shouldn't count but I remember when Germany lost a point because Kozuch's hair touched the net... Looks like some referees don't know the rules.

• It shouldn't count but I remember when Germany lost a point because Kozuch's hair touched the net... Looks like some referees don't know the rules.

Yea I remember many cases like that which is why I was surprised. But referees usually have a mind of their own indeed lol.

Lonneke's (hair) block-out is the single best error hair has ever caused in volleyball though :lol:

• I remember recently Zhang CN getting called for a net touch with her, where after she promptly bunned up. But I thought someone here posted FIVB rules (maybe it’s only FIVB) that said hair can touch the net, but you get called for a ball touch if it touches your hair

• Politanska played the whole ECH as main setter.

Peretiatko was the starter in ech 2013, 2015,2017 and at the most games of 2019 qualifications, so i though that she was the starter again. In this ech she was starter only in the first set against belgium.

• If all the favorites would win against their opponents from now on, quarterfinals will look like this;

SRB-AZE vs ITA-RUS

TUR-NED vs POL-GER

Let's see if we will have any surprises that will shuffle this quarterfinal matchups:box:

• Yes, it was said sooo many times but Naz's quality makes difference whenever she enters the match. Cansu's connection is better with the middles but Naz's isnt bad either( very good actually :whistle:)and her sets to 2 and 4 are soo much better. When Cansu makes panic her sets to 2 and 4 becomes so shaky that Hande and Meliha tries to tip all the time. Anyway, todays game was so much convincing. Congratulations girls:drink:

I totally agree with you,the point is that she can make different for the team .I know people said that cansu do good with the MB but Naz does good too(she is always good with the middles when she wasn’t pregnant).Too me ,people play better deserve to be the starter.Giovanni only let Naz be the stater when the situation is so nervous like the fifth set against Finland which the team can’t lose

• it’s true SRB was playing with the bench after the 1st set but apparently so was FRA. i don’t even know who the titulars are because the coach changed the whole team after the first set (his daughter plays for BEL?). he made a lot of changes too against GRE.

FRA won the 3rd set going from 16-17 to 25-17!!!!!

that was so strange how moreels got hurt in the 4th set. that was an incredible rally, she made 2 great digs in back row, and then after the point was over with a ndoye block, it looked like she slipped shifting her weight and twisted her knee. pity. and she’s also so pretty.

FRA was leading then 20-17, but it seemed they lost their concentration after moreels’ injury and then they lost the set and match.

i like cazaute, gicquel, sylves and ndoye. the way they are playing they are for sure better than ESP right now.

• Too many bad referee calls in GER x RUS, geez... even challenge's camera using wrong images.. :cursing:

• So here's a scenario in Pool D: if Germany lose to Slovakia, and Slovakia loses to Russia then we will have a 3-way tie which I think is plausible.. Russia can still come out top in their pool due to superior set/points ratio. Will the QF pairings change? No way Russia can stop Egonu w/o their best blocker Fetisova.. Rooting for Slovakia to win tomorrow :rolll:

• I don't think Slovakia can beat Germany. To me, finishing as 3rd is already overachievement for Slovakia:whistle: