CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Sorry, but your post makes no sense. Why would you expect anything other than an empty arena in Poland when it's not Poland that is playing? The same would be whoever hosted. And if Poland played Kenya in Poland, the arena would also be full.

Having four countries hosting is the only way to improve attendance. The attendance in Slovakia and Hungary has been surprisingly big. Much bigger than how it would be if only one country hosted.

Honestly, this isn't even a FIVB organized event, it's CEV who is the governing body.

😂😂😂😂😂 In Italy for olympics qualifications. And of course even in the world championship the audience was really interested even in non Italian matches. Yeah Lodz arena is really big but a really empty arena like this for and European Champions is objectively embarrassing

• Ah ok, it's weird, but it makes sense.

So in this case Poland will most likely play Spain and Slovakia will play Italy.

Damn, this totally changes where they are positioned in the draw as well. So complicated :white:

• 😂😂😂😂😂 In Italy for olympics qualifications. And of course even in the world championship the audience was really interested even in non Italian matches. Yeah Lodz arena is really big but a really empty arena like this for and European Champions is objectively embarrassing

Yes, it is a sad sight to see, but it is reality.

I can't think of a country where thousands people would pay to go see a random women's volleyball match, other than as you say Italy and dunno maybe Turkey.

• Ah ok, it's weird, but it makes sense.

So in this case Poland will most likely play Spain and Slovakia will play Italy.

Damn, this totally changes where they are positioned in the draw as well. So complicated :white:

It could happen similar in A and C with Turkey / Hungary (if they beat Croatia and Romania lose against Azerbaijan). In that case Serbia would face Hungary either they finish 1st or Turkey 1st but host.

• It could happen similar in A and C with Turkey / Hungary (if they beat Croatia and Romania lose against Azerbaijan). In that case Serbia would face Hungary either they finish 1st or Turkey 1st but host.

WHAT???? Serbia would have to fly to Hungary, play 1 match, and fly back to Turkey? That`s crazy. I hope Hungary does not advance.

Italy goes to Slovakia and then Turkey? ..... I don`t like this format anymore.

• It's better to see capability of our volleyball players and head coach before OGs. Losing the match against Germany, made some fans pissed off here, honestly. I'm reading comments of our volley fans here but not writing anything cuz i think we should wait a bit more, the end of this competition.

Most fans here think the head coach is responsible for the results. Even after the game so surprisingly, 66-70% fans vote for (we should change our head coach)... ofc, before Olympic Games it is probably warning for us. Because most fans here think the capability of our players (Voronkova, Parubets, Goncharova) is much more than that. I'm honestly not pissed off, it is better to show such performances before OGs, cuz we will probably have some time to prevent it in the future. But what RVF thinks about... I can't say anything.

I think honestly, the Russian federation should take Zoran Terzic' offer to overtake coaching of Russian women's NT after Olympics. He will modernize Russian women's volleyball for sure and develop the potential of the many strong players of Russia. All Russian coaches let them play old-fashioned way in the last years, so they lost ground against teams like Italy, China or even Turkey.

• I think honestly, the Russian federation should take Zoran Terzic' offer to overtake coaching of Russian women's NT after Olympics. He will modernize Russian women's volleyball for sure and develop the potential of the many strong players of Russia. All Russian coaches let them play old-fashioned way in the last years, so they lost ground against teams like Italy, China or even Turkey.

Yup, there were rumours about.... but not confirmed, even Terzic said in an interview he would be happy to be head coach of Russian NT. It's probably early to talk about such things... but if Russia fails to have good results at the ECH, it will be extreme warning be4 OGs. OTOH, Terzic has a contract with Serbian NT, I don't know RVF will wait for another failure at the OGs, or changing the head coach be4 OGs, honestly dunno.

• And what would he bring to Russian NT!?... Modern volleyball with two players getting high sets and getting almost every set... They are literally Russia NT from 2015.

• And what would he bring to Russian NT!?... Modern volleyball with two players getting high sets and getting almost every set... They are literally Russia NT from 2015.

:what:

He’s taken a team from nothing to Olympic Silver medalists and World Champions and played a key role in the development of many of the best players in the world.

I don’t always agree with his coaching decisions but I think any team would be pleased to have a coach who’s had his level of long-term success.

You always criticize Serbian players....it comes off as you are jealous of them because they are the best team in the world while Croatia can not even win Challenge Cup.

I like you a lot.....but I wish you watched more volleyball rather than just live in the Conegliano-Serie A bubble by thinking playing fast is the only way to play volleyball. Look at the Conegliano, they play fast but only tittle they can win a Serie A.

Again I love u.....but I wish u could educate yourself a bit more. <3<3<3 You barely watch any matches at all ....and that is easy to tell. <3

• :what:

He’s taken a team from nothing to Olympic Silver medalists and World Champions and played a key role in the development of many of the best players in the world.

I don’t always agree with his coaching decisions but I think any team would be pleased to have a coach who’s had his level of long-term success.

I do think Terzic is a good coach, but I don't think 'he's taken a team from nothing to..'

If we're talking like 10-13 year back than yeah.. but right now they have one of the best players in the world, and their development is hardly his work. I think Serbia as a country is to be praised, for their investments in volleyball and sport in general

• I do think Terzic is a good coach, but I don't think 'he's taken a team from nothing to..'

If we're talking like 10-13 year back than yeah.. but right now they have one of the best players in the world, and their development is hardly his work. I think Serbia as a country is to be praised, for their investments in volleyball and sport in general

Yes, I didn't mean to suggest Terzic deserves all the credit for Serbia's success. Investment absolutely matters, as do the talent level and work rate of the players themselves. But still, I think he has been able to help the players improve and a number of players over the years have commented on how much he helped their game so in my opinion he has been a big reason for Serbia's success in recent years. Therefore, I think he would be an excellent appointment for Russia if they could get him.

• I think Santarelli could achieve bigger things with Russia than Croatia.

Croatia is already playing much better, I`m just not sure how far he can go with them.

In fact, Santarelli could have been perfect for the Dutch.

Well......if Terzic leaves after Tokyo.....I want Serbia to hire Santarelli.