CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• I was hoping he would take my sarcasm but describing someone like Buša a legend tells how that person sees things.

• I can not wait fot today's match between Serbia and Turkey. Ofc I wholeheartedly cheer for Serbia, but first of all i wish for a fantastic match in 5 sets and in that case who wins the win will be glad to have watched a quality match.

• I can not wait fot today's match between Serbia and Turkey. Ofc I wholeheartedly cheer for Serbia, but first of all i wish for a fantastic match in 5 sets and in that case who wins the win will be glad to have watched a quality match.

I second this comment :drink:

• btw it seems like Ankara might be sold out today :thumbup: if the girls can keep it up. They truly will rise popularity of volleyball here crazily. They are getting the attention and recognition finally.

• Russia is in beast mode today, Startseva especially seems very inspired. Kinda came out of nowhere tbh

I guess Russia is very angry since their defeat against Germany, and their opponents suffer now a lot from it... yes, they shattered hosts Slovakia in short, completely one-sided three sets, I think, the spectators became quickly very calm, if not shocked.

• Bulgaria, as well as Poland, is a team with a lot of potential. A lot of "raw material". But I do think the biggest problem from these teams is the coach. Any of them knows how to explode all that big talent.

• I guess Russia is very angry since their defeat against Germany, and their opponents suffer now a lot from it... yes, they shattered hosts Slovakia in short, completely one-sided three sets, I think, the spectators became quickly very calm, if not shocked.

They sure are, but that's not the reason. The longer the tournament lasts, the less surprises there'll be. The "small" teams have to play their maximum in every match from the beginning, so they'll be tired after a few matches. OTOH, the "big" teams are preparing in order to reach their best shape in the elimination matches, which explains why some were struggling against weaker teams. I'm pretty sure that if Germany and Russia were to face again later in the tournament, Russia would win 3:0.

• I think Germany is not one of the 'weak' teams anymore, I expect Russia to win a revanche also but not 3-0. Germany is not that team anymore imo. They and Belgium have been on the rise.

• I think Germany is not one of the 'weak' teams anymore, I expect Russia to win a revanche also but not 3-0. Germany is not that team anymore imo. They and Belgium have been on the rise.

Yeah that's true, it was just an example. I could also say Turkey would beat Finland easily 3:0 now, Bulgaria would beat France 3:0 now etc.

• What time is TUR v SER? Relatively speaking

• Good news! Balkestein-Grothues is with the team and she is doing a warming-up^^

• Yeah that's true, it was just an example. I could also say Turkey would beat Finland easily 3:0 now, Bulgaria would beat France 3:0 now etc.

the problem is here, if we played 5, 6, 7 etc friendlies against Germany, Belgium, Dutch NT, we would probably improve our games against them. They are very fast and tactic teams, to grasp their game, we should play against them a lot, + when we start the game with Startseva, it means that we must come back (0-2), unfortunately her current shape is disadvantage, Pankov is insisting on her, it is extra disadvantage. Romanova is much more reliable player, setter against Germany, Belgium, Dutch NT, cuz her style is similar to them to a certain extent. + she has a very very good connection with Parubets, I mean she can close her eyes maybe and setting to Parubets as fast as possible. OTOH, Startseva is 186 cm, she tends to play slowly, which makes us much more dependent from Goncharova. OTOH, Romanovs is taking risks (setting to MBs, Wings) a lot if to compare her with Startseva. Startseva is an old-fashioned Russian style setter IMO.

• In preparing matches Slovakia won against Belgium, I wonder if they will have only a little chance now in 1/16 finals.. Well maybe Poland will surprise me and they will beat Italy and Italy will face Slovakia - Egonu will destroy them with serve and spikes