CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Because the runner up of the group was supposed to play Slovakia. However, two hosts can't play against each other, so Poland and Italy switch positions in the draw.

LOL I didn't know about this stupid rule. Thanks.

• Winning or losing the match in the tie break would make Italy be #1 in the group. I can't understand what actually changed their path to the finals by losing the match...

By winning the match Poland overtook Belgium in the 2nd place and now can't play against Slovakia since they're both hosts - a ridiculous rule, IMO.

• No, Poland plays Spain, and then the winner of Russia-Belgium.

So now I dont understand anything. Italy and Germany will play against each other in the QF? Even if they won their groups?

• Because the runner up of the group was supposed to play Slovakia. However, two hosts can't play against each other, so Poland and Italy switch positions in the draw.

I think it's actually Slovakia and Spain switching the positions, not Poland and Italy...or what? The whole system is utterly confusing

• Lucia, we miss you!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• So quarter finals will probably be

Serbia x Bulgaria

Poland x Russia

Turkey x Netherlands

Italy x Germany

• So, it is official. The matches for the round of 16:

(1) Serbia vs Romania

(2) Azerbaijan vs Bulgaria

(3) Poland vs Spain

(4) Russia vs Belgium

(5) Turkey vs Croatia

(6) Netherlands vs Greece

(7) Italy vs Slovakia

(8) Germany vs Slovenia

For me, matches #2 and #4 are wide open. Both Azerbaijan and Bulgaria are too unstable.

Belgium had a great match yesterday. If they keep the momentun, they could surprise Russia.

But we all know the best teams show up in knocking stages.

• 1/8

Poland - Spain

1/4

Poland - Germany

:)

In Polsat Sport they said that Poland will play with 1. Spain 2. Germany but championships center in Turkey has to confirm it yet.

But Wiki says as you said...

• We’re the hardcore fans and we have no idea wtf is going on with the draw. Way to grow the sport CEV.

• Well, having 4 countries hosting the event is already bizarre.