CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Bringing in Romanova and Kurilo made a huge difference to Russia.

• Russia from 6:12 to 25:22. The team looked a lot better with Romanova, plus her serves caused a lot of trouble for Belgium. Goncharova really stepped up her game, with Voronkova on bench she'll have to do half of the team's attacking at least to win.

As what I expected and said in a few pages back, Russia needs another offensive OH as Voronkova has been streaky since Olympic qualifiers. Why don't Pankov try Lazareva as Opp and move Goncha to Position 4.. Panlov is so stubborn starting with Startseva when Romanova os making all the difference :wall:

• This is a very disappointing performance of Belgium so far, it looks like they used all their energy in the first 10 minutes of the match and now just wait for it to be over :thumbdown:

Which right now makes me quite angry about Italy losing to Poland, because the way Belgium plays right now, Germany would have had a very good chance to reach semifinal...

• This is a very disappointing performance of Belgium so far, it looks like they used all their energy in the first 10 minutes of the match and now just wait for it to be over :thumbdown:

Which right now makes me quite angry about Italy losing to Poland, because the way Belgium plays right now, Germany would have had a very good chance to reach semifinal...

I thought the same but I started to wonder, do they have potential to fight with Russia? I have never seen decent performance by van Gestel and if Belgium doesn’t have anything to offer in her place I can’t see this team as top European team anymore.

And huge names from Belgium side are missing, this is hide loss.

I’m still quite sure that Italians has some plan loosing to Poland. I will not believe that they look only at the next opponent (what is good IMO).

• Bad start for the Netherlands. Netherlands can't get the ball on the ground, especially Buijs and Sloëtjes. Credits for Greece, some good defense.

Balkestein-Grothues did a good job when she came in, so I would play with Daalderop and her.

• I have just lost the count of how many times Voronkova has been blocked. I love how strong she is, but come on Irina! If you have the setter in front of you, play with her block, use it!

• Balintoni is not the most stable setter on the planet but she is quite fun to watch, she’s definitely not afraid to take risks.

• Efimova is not NT material. Larazenko should be starter. Even Pushina is better than Efimova.

• thought the same but I started to wonder, do they have potential to fight with Russia? I have never seen decent performance by van Gestel and if Belgium doesn’t have anything to offer in her place I can’t see this team as top European team anymore.

And huge names from Belgium side are missing, this is hide loss.

Van Gestel is not the problem for Begium for me ( I find her better than Leys and Rousseaux) but Grobelna is... her hitting efficiency is close to zero almost in every game :gone: