CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Balintoni is not the most stable setter on the planet but she is quite fun to watch, she’s definitely not afraid to take risks.

• Efimova is not NT material. Larazenko should be starter. Even Pushina is better than Efimova.

• thought the same but I started to wonder, do they have potential to fight with Russia? I have never seen decent performance by van Gestel and if Belgium doesn’t have anything to offer in her place I can’t see this team as top European team anymore.

And huge names from Belgium side are missing, this is hide loss.

Van Gestel is not the problem for Begium for me ( I find her better than Leys and Rousseaux) but Grobelna is... her hitting efficiency is close to zero almost in every game :gone:

• It's weird to see Efimova as third MB in Russian NT which is famous for its great MBs. Either she's nothing special or I have missed all of her good matches.

She's nothing special.

• If Serbia/Italy manages to win the gold, I hope they won't give the MVP award to Bošković or Egonu. It would be so uninspired and to be honest, undeserved.

I miss the days when they didn't just give the award to the highest scorer of the winning team by default.

• If Serbia/Italy manages to win the gold, I hope they won't give the MVP award to Bošković or Egonu. It would be so uninspired and to be honest, undeserved.

I miss the days when they didn't just give the award to the highest scorer of the winning team by default.

I agree it can be boring but I don't think we can talk about who deserves it yet, the QFs, the SFs and the F will be the most important in deciding that.

• With Russia playing like this, I don't think they can offer much resistance playing against Italy in QF (assuming they win today of course). With Fetisova out, I dont think they have someone to stop Egonu

• Sure, Efimova screams and celebrate as if she were the one who made that single block.

In the other hand, Parubets, the one who blocked, with pocker face ^^

• Belgium is fighting, they are near now! but they need another hitter besides Herbots. Grobelna is uneffective.

Voronkova nightmarish performance goes on.

• So, no surprises in these first 3 matches. I expected Belgium could grab at least one set from Russia and it happened.

The other matches were 3x0.

I really dont see how Russia could beat Italy in the next round. Last year, eventhough they were without Goncharova in the second stage, they were a tough nut to crack. Russia was even close to be 2-0 up. For me, it was one of the best matches by Startseva. She distribuited so well.

Russia would need to play 100% (Goncha playing in her good golden days) and maybe expect a collapse (no reception) from Italy.

• Messy match from the Netherlands.

Greece exposed the weakness in receive from the Netherlands. The Netherlands themselves couldn't put much service pressure on Greece.