CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Gosh after Eda's legendary perfomance, I hope Goncharova goes back to her beast mode that's the only way Russia has a chance against Italy.. I hope Voronkova improves too she is the biggest disappointment of the team this ECH.

• Onestly is the first match that Egonu has low % in attack. If there's someone to blame is not Egonu of course. As spyro said middles need to step up and reception is suffering in the last matches. Attack has amazing % thanks to Sylla Egonu and Sorokaite.

• I dont know what's been going on with Chirichella lately. I used to think she was a beast (WCH '14, for example). Also, why doesn't she almost never go to the bench?!

• Actually, all the big teams need to step up, they've all been cruising on autopilot so far, more or less. Although, in a tournament like this, it was to be expected, but it will be interesting to see who will be able to react the best and really raise their level now that it really matters. Not all of them will, that's for sure.

• Actually, all the big teams need to step up, they've all been cruising on autopilot so far, more or less. Although, in a tournament like this, it was to be expected, but it will be interesting to see who will be able to react the best and really raise their level now that it really matters. Not all of them will, that's for sure.

I think the level of the other teams is not actually challenging the top teams. Maybe from the quarter finals on they'll play better.

True. Regarding Italy I believe they reached their peak in Catania against Netherlands, that was the main target.

• I think the level of the other teams is not actually challenging the top teams. Maybe from the quarter finals on they'll play better.

I agree. The gap between the best teams and the rest is still too big, and the top teams are able to get away with uninspired play, mixed squads and so on. They will to really up their game now as there is no way back, but sometimes it's not that easy to just switch it on at will. We'll see.

Also, I really don't want to be complaining all the time, but this tournament is simply taking too damn long. Now we have two days off, followed by another two. It really shouldn't take an entire week to play three matches.

• I dont know what's been going on with Chirichella lately. I used to think she was a beast (WCH '14, for example). Also, why doesn't she almost never go to the bench?!

Beauty is powerrr lol

• I cannot get over how underrated Eda is, what a performance :white: I think it was best scoring MB performance since Kakolewska scored 30 pkt vs Czech Rep :teach:

• I cannot get over how underrated Eda is, what a performance :white: I think it was best scoring MB performance since Kakolewska scored 30 pkt vs Czech Rep :teach:

A lot of mbs are either good blocker without any attacks or good attacker without good block. Eda has it all. She is very versatile with her attacks from both back and front of setter and also she has very good block anticipation. On top of that her serves are very good too😍 I want turkey to reach semis so that she can be picked as best mb🥰

• Not the best year for him :( He was fired after few months from Wisła Warszawa and now from Belarus NT.

• Could we see the midlevel Asian teams like Kazakhstan, Taiwan, North Korea and Vietnam amongst 24 teams if they were playing in Europe? Not criticizing their level, I'm just a curious fan of Kazakh and Vietnamese teams.

at their recent peak, let's say in 2014, when KAZ kept KOR and KYK out of the WCh, they were a decent team, they'd have been a 2nd tier european team... currently they're in much worse shape, and at the 2018 WCh, they lost 3-0 to KEN. i'd say currently they are above a team like ISR but probably below ESP.

of course, the reverse question would be, how would ISR rank if they played in asia?

• So in the 1/4 Finals, do you think we have any chance of an upset?

Serbia x Bulgaria - zero to no chance

Russia x Italy - not likely, unless Italy plays poorly (read: Egonu makes tons of mistakes) and Goncha plays superwoman lol

Turkey x Netherlands - NED should be the favorite, but I wouldn't call Turkey winning an upset

Germany x Poland - I think both teams are on the same level, Germany has a chance if they serve really well