CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• russia has no chance against italy tomorrow... i think is more likely bulgaria beats serbian

pol x germany, poland has a better atack and block , which will make the difference tomorrow, the same for turkey

IMO semis will be italy-sebia , turkey-poland , hope im wrong about russia though

• It's women's volleyball, I wouldn't rule out any possibility :D

SRB-BUL: Bulgaria had a terrible start into the tournament but gradually improved since then, whereas Serbia only got really challenged against Turkey and has yet to show what form they're in when it really counts. If Bulgaria catch a very good day and Serbia a very bad one, an upset is not impossible here, but yeah, very unlikely.

RUS-ITA: In fact, Italy has played rather poorly so far. The match vs Poland in the last two sets, the whole Slovakia match...none of that looked close to what Italy is capable of. But then, Russia didn't exactly light up the world either so far. Still, I think Russia does have a chance.

TUR-NED: Netherlands have yet to lose a set in this tournament, and Guidetti has yet to find his favourite starting six. With their backs against the wall and a very inspired Eda against Croatia, Turkey played well, but I guess against a stronger opponent, which NED definitely is, this won't be enough. Ebrar's performance overall has been rather underwhelming, but she's not the one to blame. Poor girl has a coach who can't make up his mind whether to use her as OH or as OPP, switching her between positions back and forth, so how is she supposed to arrive in the tournament? Plus after all she's still a teenage girl!

POL-GER: Probably the most unpredictable match, with Poland being the slight favourite due to their physical advantage and being the home team. Germany needs to make use of Poland's reception weakness and keep them away from the net, plus be solid in their own ball control in order to give Hanke options to speed up the game, then we can win. Otherwise it will be hard...

• POL-GER: Probably the most unpredictable match, with Poland being the slight favourite due to their physical advantage and being the home team. Germany needs to make use of Poland's reception weakness and keep them away from the net, plus be solid in their own ball control in order to give Hanke options to speed up the game, then we can win. Otherwise it will be hard...

Lippmann needs to be 100% and need to be consistent in her hitting and the German serve will do the rest I hope :box:

• SERxBUL 3-0

no need to explain more I think... if brankicha plays bad then slight chance for bulgaria but expect shut-out.

RUSxITA 1-3

Italy is not in good shape now. So it will be a tough match for them. But Russia lost fetisova and voronkova is not in good shape now.

TURxNED 3-2

This will be the most thrilling match. The odds between two teams seems almost the same but it is played in turkey's home and eda is in beast mode now so i think turkey will win. If lonneke plays well then netherlands will beat turkey.

POLxGER 3-1

Poland will dominate the game with smarzek and their fans. Lippmann is not in a good shape now making their chance win lower. Small chamce for upset I think.

• Serbia x Bulgaria - agree, zero to no chance

Russia x Italy - Italian top performance beat Russian top performance nowadays. But Russian top performance can still beat Italian poor performance, esp. if RUS blockers can block Egonu. But the absence of a performing Kosheleva is definitely a miss for the team. Oops, and miss Fetisova too. So, well, unfortunate for Russian team, slimmer chance.

Turkey x Netherlands - the host team have the upper hand here between the two on par teams, no wonder the betting odds skews to the host team. Still much a balanced match.

Germany x Poland - Polish team have the upper hand here. Still much a balanced match.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Turkey x Netherlands - the host team have the upper hand here between the two on par teams, no wonder the betting odds skews to the host team. Still much a balanced match.

The odds are not leaning against Turkey as the favourite at this point but Netherlands, though. The odds for Turkey are about 2.3-2.4 on most bookies fight now while being down at around 1.6-1.7 for Holland to win.

• IMHO the betters think of relation of Poland vs. Germany as some friendlies were carried out before EC. But meanwhile Germany plays much better as than, while Poland was not that convincing so far, for example losing against Belgium. Therefore I think chances are near 50:50 with pretty good chances for Germany to upset host Poland, especially if the first set is won by the guests. But we will see in the evening, a five set match is likely IMHO.

• The odds are not leaning against Turkey as the favourite at this point but Netherlands, though. The odds for Turkey are about 2.3-2.4 on most bookies fight now while being down at around 1.6-1.7 for Holland to win.

Yes Netherlands are very slight favorites according to the bookies. I think the odds are a good representation.

• IMHO the betters think of relation of Poland vs. Germany as some friendlies were carried out before EC. But meanwhile Germany plays much better as than, while Poland was not that convincing so far, for example losing against Belgium. Therefore I think chances are near 50:50 with pretty good chances for Germany to upset host Poland, especially if the first set is won by the guests. But we will see in the evening, a five set match is likely IMHO.

I was thinking the same thing. But not entirely 50/50 I guess. It started with a much bigger difference though and now its already 1.5 vs 2.5

Turkey Netherlands seems to be 2.2 vs 1.6 now

Neither of these cases are clear favorites though as for example Italy vs Russia 1.3 vs 3.2 and not even mentioning Serbia vs Bulgaria with 1.05 vs 7.75

Ofc again this is in the end not that important, the bookies are by far not always right.

• Hearing the latest interviews, the italian girls aren't satisfied with their performance especially for the match against Slovakia. They want to show what they are capable of, without being so tense and nervous. I hope they can "transform" this unsatisfaction in positive energy and concentration. They all have to do better in order to beat Russia. Can't wait for tonight!!

• I bet that Serbia, Italy and the Netherlands will win easily.

• This link does not work for the 1st MATCH today SRB vs BUL, though it worked greatly 2 days ago for TUR vs CRO, any other working link for watching from android device? Being away can only watch from gadget

Edit: sorry, my bad, UTC +3 so the match is not yet started, I hope above link will work again today :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• This Bulgarian team has potential but they miss a leader (Strashimira Filipova was used to be)

Vasileva can't do that at all...

btw nice match so far :drink: