CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• A limping Russian team, no Kosheleva, no Scherban, no Fetisova, but poor Voronkova, poor Parubet... Goncha alone cannot carry the team.... it's good that the team make it this far.

NED would have better chance had they faced this shaky ITA team.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• While I agree with people saying Efimova isn't very good and I don't think she should play for Russia, it was more than just her that didn't play well on the court today. If your OPP and both OHs aren't scoring reliably, you don't have much chance to beat Italy no matter who your MBs are.

Agreed but Efimova is neither a good attacker or a blocker so what's the point of her inclusion at all if she's not doing any good for her team?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't see how Serbia could lose the gold medal here, but let's wait.

Well anything can happen in one match and you know Egonu wants to get revenge for the WCH. As well as that, Serbia haven't looked too great so far so I think Italy have a decent chance.

• Agreed but Efimova is neither a good attacker or a blocker so what's the point of her inclusion at all if she's not doing any good for her team?

Well she attacked well today to be fair, 6/7 according to the stats. But you're right, she shouldn't be playing for Russia.

• While I agree with people saying Efimova isn't very good and I don't think she should play for Russia, it was more than just her that didn't play well on the court today. If your OPP and both OHs aren't scoring reliably, you don't have much chance to beat Italy no matter who your MBs are.

When you read the comments it seems like Efimova had a terrible match, but she actually had 7/8 + 1 block. It was not really a bad match. The problem for me was clearly the two OH, both shaky in the reception line and not scoring on attack, apart from some dubious choices from the setter.

PS: I do not think Efimova should be in the team either, as mentioned here she lacks athleticism, and there are better options, but i have to say that she has improved in attack over the summer IMO.

• #FileninSultanları

"The Sultanas of the net" aka the nationwide accepted nickname tor the Turkish NT is nr1 on Turkish trending and nr1 in worldwide trending page :D

"Hollanda" is 9th

"Semi-Finals" is 13th

"Eda Erdem" once again made the list also at 14th

The girls are making volleyball popular again!

• Congrats Italy! Russia had a substantial lead in most of the sets but can't capitalize on it. And there also a number of missed opportunites. Still, I enjoyed Goncharova's performance today. This is the Goncha that I loved and missed watching.

Yeah even though she was blocked more times than the usual you can see the fire in her eyes, interacting with her teammates too bad she didn't have a great success in her attack today

• Well anything can happen in one match and you know Egonu wants to get revenge for the WCH. As well as that, Serbia haven't looked too great so far so I think Italy have a decent chance.

Mina Popovic has been playing really well.....but nobody really has Rasic`s block, so Egonu can totally take advantage of that. As for Serbia, mostly important is Busa passing well, and from there Italy can`t stop Boskovic-Mihajlovic either. It should be a great game. But I hope Serbia can win in 3-4 sets.

• hi

did anyone notice that in 2nd set when Meliha was serving and got ace and score became 24-21 for turkey. Netherlands took a challenge and I thought that challenge was showing absolutely another moment. That angle was from referees one and the ball was coming from another side, not the Meliha was serving. It seems refeeress showed another moment review. If only I could find record of match I would have checked myself

• hi

did anyone notice that in 2nd set when Meliha was serving and got ace and score became 24-21 for turkey. Netherlands took a challenge and I thought that challenge was showing absolutely another moment. That angle was from referees one and the ball was coming from another side, not the Meliha was serving. It seems refeeress showed another moment review. If only I could find record of match I would have checked myself

Broadcaster cameras showed that moment twice and the ball was on the line, clearly. Not sure about video challange system.

• hi

no it just looked like that from the first angle, they showed it in detail (from serve to it touching the line) after and it was clearly in. Maret was complaining too because of this but the referees said its checked multiple times from all the cameras and its in.

• Broadcaster cameras showed that moment twice and the ball was on the line, clearly. Not sure about video challange system.

was watching and not sure that was seen clearly. it can be small in or out, and ofc it can be IN but video challenge system showed wrong one and Balkestein and Morrison both were syaing it to referee but..

• was watching and not sure that was seen clearly. it can be small in or out, and ofc it can be IN but video challenge system showed wrong one and Balkestein and Morrison both were syaing it to referee but..

It was also just weird the timing of the replays. It did look like they showed a previous play or something--while Meliha was serving again. It jolted me, but I think it was all correct in the end

• Yeah even though she was blocked more times than the usual you can see the fire in her eyes, interacting with her teammates too bad she didn't have a great success in her attack today

Yeah. But it's hard for not to get blocked when Italy's blockers are fixed on her. Still outstanding all throught out. She also had a number of good digs too. And her smiles.... Haha. She's one of those very rare players who combine both beauty and talent.