CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Gosh, I'm feeling so nostalgic now :lol: As I remember, Brakočević and Gruen, the team leaders all the way through the tournament, were both awful in the final. OTOH, Molnar and Brinker unexpectedly stepped up and took over for them, and yeah, it probably was the match of Molnar's life. And Malagurski (;() was a secret weapon in the end. Such a nerve-wrecking match it was. The semi against Turkey too.

• Gosh, I'm feeling so nostalgic now :lol: As I remember, Brakočević and Gruen, the team leaders all the way through the tournament, were both awful in the final. OTOH, Molnar and Brinker unexpectedly stepped up and took over for them, and yeah, it probably was the match of Molnar's life. And Malagurski (;() was a secret weapon in the end. Such a nerve-wrecking match it was. The semi against Turkey too.

definitely her match of life, but she wasnt bad in spiking back in 2006-08, I dont know what happened to her then (shoulder injury?)

• As far as I remember her level had started dropping since the season she played in Japan, before that she was very decent, covering Nikolic in reception and also scoring. I also remember her spike serves.

• Stysiak serving was like olympic qualification Poland-Germany 2008 Halle and Podolec serving :lol:

• Stysiak playing her life-match (among her senior NT career at least) while Molnar’s golden days being discussed :lol:

• Stysiak serving was like olympic qualification Poland-Germany 2008 Halle and Podolec serving :lol:

And we have the same screaming commentator! :D

• definitely her match of life, but she wasnt bad in spiking back in 2006-08, I dont know what happened to her then (shoulder injury?)

Yes, a chronic shoulder injury she never really recovered from. Something similar happened to Ivana Đerisilo as well, although she was able to retain at least some of her power.

• I dont have Laskowski commentating, because TVP is not available in my country today :down:...

• I dont have Laskowski commentating, because TVP is not available in my country today :down:...

:( He was screaming for Stysiak and Mędrzyk plus talking about iconic Podolec serves :D

• Congrats Poland!

Well fought by Germany, but the Polish girls prevail in the end! It all started with that surprise kill by Stysiak at 1-2 and then her service run basically sealed it.

Semis:

Serbia x Italy

And

Turkey x Poland

:box:

• Polish fans are as usual amazing, I would love to go watch their NT games one day :rose:

Tomsia Junior so sweet

• I think, Poland was a bit lucky today, to be honest: while the other three teams clearly deserved the semis, Germany missed the chance to win by losing sets 2 and 3 through long blackouts - but anyway, it is always a topic of the shape of the day, and this was overall better for Poland.