CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Stysiak serving was like olympic qualification Poland-Germany 2008 Halle and Podolec serving :lol:

And we have the same screaming commentator! :D

• definitely her match of life, but she wasnt bad in spiking back in 2006-08, I dont know what happened to her then (shoulder injury?)

Yes, a chronic shoulder injury she never really recovered from. Something similar happened to Ivana Đerisilo as well, although she was able to retain at least some of her power.

• I dont have Laskowski commentating, because TVP is not available in my country today :down:...

• I dont have Laskowski commentating, because TVP is not available in my country today :down:...

:( He was screaming for Stysiak and Mędrzyk plus talking about iconic Podolec serves :D

• Congrats Poland!

Well fought by Germany, but the Polish girls prevail in the end! It all started with that surprise kill by Stysiak at 1-2 and then her service run basically sealed it.

Semis:

Serbia x Italy

And

Turkey x Poland

:box:

• Polish fans are as usual amazing, I would love to go watch their NT games one day :rose:

Tomsia Junior so sweet

• I think, Poland was a bit lucky today, to be honest: while the other three teams clearly deserved the semis, Germany missed the chance to win by losing sets 2 and 3 through long blackouts - but anyway, it is always a topic of the shape of the day, and this was overall better for Poland.

• Should be high quality, close matches in the semis. Let's go Serbia. :box:

• Polish fans are as usual amazing, I would love to go watch their NT games one day :rose:

Tomsia Junior so sweet

I'm like her fans since she was 17 :D She had many injuries during the seasons 13/14-16/17 :( I'm so happy she made it to the NT.

• Poland and Germany are on the same level I’d say, it always is up to players daily physical conditions. Poland have better middles, both Lippman and Smarzek are good but can be quite instable from time to time. Wolosz-Hanke, two of the best setters in Europe, today Stysiak brought the win to her team. She kinda reminded of Podolec indeed :lol: Medrzyk also did a good job in the back-row, she’s a hidden star.

Geerties not being able to deal with nerves is not a new story, poor girl she’s still not ready for big games. Btw I really like Pogany, obviously she needs more time but so far she has made a very positive process.

• I think, Poland was a bit lucky today, to be honest: while the other three teams clearly deserved the semis, Germany missed the chance to win by losing sets 2 and 3 through long blackouts - but anyway, it is always a topic of the shape of the day, and this was overall better for Poland.

Well, I can say the same about Germany, they were lucky as well, cause Poland was leading in every set and could close it at 3:1, but they did not, because of their popular meltdowns. Applause for Mędrzyk, it's her best tournament in career, once again she had more than 40% in attack.

• What can I say... im proud.. POLSKA!!!