CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Polish fans are as usual amazing, I would love to go watch their NT games one day :rose:

Tomsia Junior so sweet

I'm like her fans since she was 17 :D She had many injuries during the seasons 13/14-16/17 :( I'm so happy she made it to the NT.

• Poland and Germany are on the same level I’d say, it always is up to players daily physical conditions. Poland have better middles, both Lippman and Smarzek are good but can be quite instable from time to time. Wolosz-Hanke, two of the best setters in Europe, today Stysiak brought the win to her team. She kinda reminded of Podolec indeed :lol: Medrzyk also did a good job in the back-row, she’s a hidden star.

Geerties not being able to deal with nerves is not a new story, poor girl she’s still not ready for big games. Btw I really like Pogany, obviously she needs more time but so far she has made a very positive process.

• I think, Poland was a bit lucky today, to be honest: while the other three teams clearly deserved the semis, Germany missed the chance to win by losing sets 2 and 3 through long blackouts - but anyway, it is always a topic of the shape of the day, and this was overall better for Poland.

Well, I can say the same about Germany, they were lucky as well, cause Poland was leading in every set and could close it at 3:1, but they did not, because of their popular meltdowns. Applause for Mędrzyk, it's her best tournament in career, once again she had more than 40% in attack.

• I'm like her fans since she was 17 :D She had many injuries during the seasons 13/14-16/17 :( I'm so happy she made it to the NT.

She’s really cute, which I find weird because I don’t think the old Tomsia was as cute as she is :lol: I hope she secures her starting spot over Efimienko who’s already 30 and nothing really special.

• She’s really cute, which I find weird because I don’t think the old Tomsia was as cute as she is :lol: I hope she secures her starting spot over Efimienko who’s already 30 and nothing really special.

the problem with Efimienko is that she never really gets the sets from Wolosz. Every match she has like 3 or 4 attacks, and they are mostly succesful. Idk why Asia doesnt trust her. In her team she was able to score 20 points in a match.

• Congrats to Turkey and Poland reaching the semis! As for Turkey: Naz came back at the right time, what a difference she made! Worldclass setter!:obey:

• I'd say currently the Polish team is better tbh. They are in true form and have a complete team. Rus and Ned are quite confusing atm and no one has a locked spot, both systems have failed lately which is opposite with Poland.

I agree with Joana, the current best 4 teams made it I think. Germany is a grower, they do miss Orthmann and Geerties needs to be more reliable at crucial times. Other than that they have pretty much catched up with the rest, for the middles there is still room for improvement.

• She’s really cute, which I find weird because I don’t think the old Tomsia was as cute as she is :lol: I hope she secures her starting spot over Efimienko who’s already 30 and nothing really special.

Efimienko isn't that young but still she's one of the players that always cared about national team for many many years. She even said few times she would play with broken hand :)

• the problem with Efimienko is that she never really gets the sets from Wolosz. Every match she has like 3 or 4 attacks, and they are mostly succesful. Idk why Asia doesnt trust her. In her team she was able to score 20 points in a match.

I like Efimienko and always wonder why she gets very little sets. She always seems successful when she does get them indeed

• I got to watch only the tie-break live, but what the hell was Felix thinking entering Alsmeier on reception at 6:10??? Alright, Geerties made a mistake before, but usually she is very solid, while Alsmeier is a 19 year old girl playing her first tournament with senior NT, and suddenly has to bear the burden of receiving serves that one of the best receivers in Europe failed to receive right before, and that in front of 9,000 people :wall::wall::wall:

Anyway, I guess this might have been the best chance in a long time to reach semifinals for Germany, and the team melted down when it counted. But judging from tie-break, Poland was a deserved winner, so congrats to them and good luck in semifinal!:flower:

• Efimienko isn't that young but still she's one of the players that always cared about national team for many many years. She even said few times she would play with broken hand :)

That’s really sweet of her, I’d never play if my finger were broken.

Maybe Poland should try Efimienko-Tomsia Junior duo over the captain :lol: trying never costs nor hurts.