CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• + I don't even know what she is doing at ultra Homophobic VakifBank btw!! For sure her carreer is not safe there...

Eczacibasi, Fenerbahçe, Besiktas, Nilüfer to give examples are very open-minded but not VakifBank and def. also not the gov backed tvf president sadly.

I hope she leaves as soon as next season !

• I like turkey spirits, I just have doubts about them out of home.

Actually it is Guidetti shooting on his own foot.

First ever statement of him was when he was selected as the head coach of Turkey: „I will only invite players to the NT whose play regularly in their club“.

I am not mentioning about Gözde Yilmaz, who never left the bench of Eczacibasi but is called to the NT because of lack of OPP Turkey has, so this is another topic not worth mentioning.

Coming to this statement he has Ebrar and Cansu, Turkey don‘t have any good OPP besides Ebrar, so his main target must be to integrate her as a starting player in the club in every match to gain experience and to take this role no matter her age, I mean she could be 14 it does not matter!

What is Guidetti doing instead? Bringing Haak to VakifBank. Great wonderful!

Cansu? The best setter Turkey has after Naz but Naz won‘t be there forever so we need someone who can perform as close as Naz and the best option until now is Cansu.

What is Guidetti doing instead? Bringing Maja to VakifBank. Great wonderful!

This is the reason why Guidetti should leave the NT because his interests are more on VakifBank he cares about VakifBank much more than about the NT.

He should start thinking now about the Olympics 2020, ECH 2021, WCH 2022 or ANY other little tournement like VNL or Gloria Cup or even Montreux if he wants to achieve something with the NT and this starts with those players how to gain their confidence to make them not ready but prepare for international level and this starts in their clubs! But how when they will watch the matches on the bench?

And I agree with you. Turkey would not have come this far if they would not have been the host! They did this back for London 2012 and TVF knew it and hosted the same tournement for 2016 and I am sure this will be the same for 2020 that is also why TVF invested so much money for this ECH!

So you can‘t expect miracles from players who know „hey this coach is my club coach and he transfered the opponent setter who is right now playing the final with us and who is the best setter“

Or „when does he start believing in me and giving me a chance We are at the same age and nevertheless he transferred Haak“

I really sant to know what those players are thinking when they get to know these transfers.

So to make this short: If he wants to achieve anything on NT level (talking about gold which I doubt) he must let those players go or force them go or he must live with the outcome that VakifBank maybe can‘t get out of group phase in Champions league, cant finish on top the Turkish league or just finishes 8th in the league.

His main goal is and will always be VakifBank no matter what!

• Ebrar is sub for Boz and you are asking yourself if She is going to be starter over Haak :lol:

If She wants to become better She needs to leave Vakif very so on...

• God, I'm exhausted. This somehow managed to be even more nerve-wrecking than the WCh final last year, although IMO it wasn't as well played a match as that one. This one was so tough to get through, the ECh '11 final is the only thing that really compares, and this was even more dramatic as the tie-breaker went to the distance as well. Yeesh. Congrats to both teams and thanks for giving us such show, but I really, really, REALLY need a break now and I don't think I'll be paying too much attention to World Cup. :lol:

• Ebrar is sub for Boz and you are asking yourself if She is going to be starter over Haak :lol:

If She wants to become better She needs to leave Vakif very so on...

I never asked if you meant me with this statement. I just wrote Guidettis faults which of course the players have also a role like knowing that she won‘t be a starting player but stays there. As I said then you must leave or Guidetti should force them to leave.

• + I don't even know what she is doing at ultra Homophobic VakifBank btw!! For sure her carreer is not safe there...

Eczacibasi, Fenerbahçe, Besiktas, Nilüfer to give examples are very open-minded but not VakifBank and def. also not the gov backed tvf president sadly.

I hope she leaves as soon as next season !

She is so popular currently in tr + i dont think (hope) gui would let vakıf bigwigs interfere with his bussiness. I don't think they can mess with her carreer, they cant be THAT out of their fcking minds. I just hope that im not being naive

• I never asked if you meant me with this statement. I just wrote Guidettis faults which of course the players have also a role like knowing that she won‘t be a starting player but stays there. As I said then you must leave or Guidetti should force them to leave.

Talking about literally everyone, I agree with your post.

Like I said Hande, Meliha, Ebrar, Cansu and some other players will spend the most of the time on the bench in their clubs and they needs to be in top shape for EQT for Tokyo...

• She is so popular currently in tr + i dont think (hope) gui would let vakıf bigwigs interfere with his bussiness. I don't think they can mess with her carreer, they cant be THAT out of their fcking minds. I just hope that im not being naive

*fingers crossed*

But to be save I wish she went to a better environment than the Vakif one... There is enough option, she just needs to ditch them :rolll:

• I'm glad I didn't have a wagon in this race. It was exhausting and tense without one

• Talking about literally everyone, I agree with your post.

Like I said Hande, Meliha, Ebrar, Cansu and some other players will spend the most of the time on the bench in their clubs and they needs to be in top shape for EQT for Tokyo...

While I agree with your point, one of Meliha and Ebrar will have to play in VB. Cansu I expect will get some game time as well when Gabi, Haak and Rasic are on the court. Hande, yeah she’ll mostly be on the bench which is unfortunate.

• I still can't talk about the actual match, because God dammit. I'll just say I really, really wish it hadn't ended with a net touch.

Some random musings:

- Terzić's comments after the match: "We have never played in anything that even resembles this atmosphere. This was pure hell. There was no way to communicate with the players. To be able to win this kind of match really shows the character this team has."

- Ivana Đerisilo was in the studio (looking gorgeous!) and she must be a really cool-headed person, as she still looked relatively normal after the match, compared to Anja Spasojević last year who looked like she had suffered at least two mental breakdowns during the WCh final. :lol: I think she'd make a good guest commentator and I hope she gets invited more often.

- Milena Rašić tuned in live from the hall and confirmed she'll be back on the team next year. She also praised Zehra a lot.

- The medal ceremony felt anticlimactic AF and I'm really not a fan of this format.

- Tijana as the MVP was a lazy choice, but I don't really think that there was a totally dominant player throughout the whole tournament this time. Personally, I'd give it to Maja.

- Mina Popović BETTER BE on the All Star team when the CEV announces it!

• Btw many fans in the hall said Terzic was belittling and cursing the Italian judge terribly, the way he spoke was offensive to women according to them. And many fans booed his every move after that, particularly the female ones.

I wish I was in Ankara :obey::love:

I'm not a fan of neither of these wannabe Alpha coaches tbh

• Btw many fans in the hall said Terzic was belittling and cursing the Italian judge terribly, the way he spoke was offensive to women according to them. And many fans booed his every move after that, particularly the female ones.

I wish I was in Ankara :obey::love:

I'm not a fan of neither of these wannabe Alpha coaches tbh

in an interview Terzic said he struggled communicating to the team because it was too loud to hear. Which I don’t doubt because the hall seemed ridiculously loud just watching the video. If they couldn’t hear what people standing right next to them were saying, it seems unlikely that fans who are a few meters back could hear what was actually being said