CEV Men’s European Championship 2019 - hosts France, Slovenia, Belgium and the Netherlands

• Slovenia! :obey:

Third time in a row that Poland gets eliminated by Slovenia considering the previous ECHs. QFs in 2015, 8Fs in 2017 and now SFs in 2019. Quite a feat.

Regarding ECH true but other competitions not true,

Poland won OG qualification 3:1

• I'm so sorry Phil. I used to love Poland before Leon, but now it is just like Italy when Juantorena joined the team: I don't like it anymore and I can't help it.

I feel the same and it's not about Leon but people saying for many years that with Leon Poland is going to win each competition. Commentators saying that there is 70% chance Poland will win the gold medal at the OG...

Experts saying Slovenia is easy opponent and Poland shouldn't worry at all...

I think today's loss will be good lesson for all of them.

Slovenia was amazing today ❤️ I hope they will win gold this year.

• After this result, Russia won't feel so bad after all :lol: I guess we have to wait next year in OG to witness Russia A vs Poland A team..

• I'm glad Poland lost. All teams showed the feeling "Poles are world champion and have Leon now". It was a big psychological advantage for Poland but tonight, Slovenians were mentally strong thanks to home crowd. Also Poland didn't play any rough games before semi final, it didn't help them.

Heynen and his captain gave statemens with lots of insolence, it's time to go back home and think. Poland is still my fav for Tokyo'20 but only these 2 get rid of their ego.

Bednorsz should have been in the bench and Kochanowski should have been 3rd option before Klos.

• Did Nowakowski really not receive a single ball in all 4 sets or are these stats wrong? https://www.cev.eu/Competition…hStatistics.aspx?ID=36904

Italian commentators kept underlining this, saying that Slovenian MBs were jumping way too many times on the polish MBs. If I remember correctyly, Nowakowski didn't get any ball endeed.

The commentators also underlined how unprecise Vincic was, but he did his good job I dare to say :whistle:

• If Slovenia finds the way to play at this level outside of the ECH they're going to do some massive damage at the OQT :white:

I don' think so except Slovenia is nominated as host of OQT.

Congrats to Slovenia. Slovenia played today at 110 % (better than game against Russia) and Poland max 70 %.

All Polish team looked tired and too nervous. I do not know reason = transfer, own crowd or first game in new hall.

Maybe it's good Poland lost SF today. It will be good lesson for whole team before OG.

• The quality of Vincic's sets wasn't great, but he was unpredictable, fast and smart at the same time. So yes, the spikers had to fix some sets, but still he played an hell of game tonight.

• I don' think so except Slovenia is nominated as host of OQT.

Congrats to Slovenia. Slovenia played today at 110 % (better than game against Russia) and Poland max 70 %.

All Polish team looked tired and too nervous. I do not know reason = transfer, own crowd or first game in new hall.

Maybe it's good Poland lost SF today. It will be good lesson for whole team before OG.

Why is it so difficult to admit their opponent was just better? This is the reason Poland is becoming more and more disliked, they always have this idea that they're going to win everything just by showing up. Heynen's ego is not doing anything good to this team either. If they don't take a humility pill soon, they will be taught another harsh lesson at the Olympic games, where I have no doubt they will be crowned champions months before the actual tournament starts.

We've seen it happen, an easy 0:3 in the QF and 4 years of "nooo, we learned from that defeat, we're going to win gold next time for sure."

• I feel the same and it's not about Leon but people saying for many years that with Leon Poland is going to win each competition. Commentators saying that there is 70% chance Poland will win the gold medal at the OG...

Experts saying Slovenia is easy opponent and Poland shouldn't worry at all...

I think today's loss will be good lesson for all of them.

Slovenia was amazing today ❤️ I hope they will win gold this year.

They made a prediction, based on common sense.

No one guarantees it's 100% right. Otherwise, they could buy lottery.

If Poland won today, you probably just shut up. Now they lost, so you jumped out to show off how smart you are. Good move! :drink:

• Heynen and his captain gave statemens with lots of insolence, it's time to go back home and think. Poland is still my fav for Tokyo'20 but only these 2 get rid of their ego.

Every time Heynen loses is a good day to me. Unbereable douchebag with the behavior of a 13-year old.

• Italian commentators kept underlining this, saying that Slovenian MBs were jumping way too many times on the polish MBs. If I remember correctyly, Nowakowski didn't get any ball endeed.

The commentators also underlined how unprecise Vincic was, but he did his good job I dare to say :whistle:

I wonder what they commented about Fabian's setting over the net:gone:

• I wonder what they commented about Fabian's setting over the net:gone:

Trust me, the italian commentators are the worst out there. Sky used to provide an amazing service when they had the rights of the italian league (about 10 years ago), but since Rai had them back... :gone:

At least I had a chance to hear my Queen during the women's ECH.