CEV Men’s European Championship 2019 - hosts France, Slovenia, Belgium and the Netherlands

• France sounds more applying than Serbia so far. They also have the privilege of playing in front of their home crowd. Serbia has become so broken nowadays. I think it's probable to think we're gonna have a Slovenia VS France Final. But everything can happen since the difference in levels isn't much. Serbia may actually defeat France if they play their best game.

• Sadly it's not a joke :aww:

Trust me, I always hated web streaming, but, since I subscribed this service, I have to admit it is way better than what the italian TV provides for those unlucky people that watch it. I'm thinking to keep it: apparently they also show men's and women's CL. :flower:

• How does everyone feel about Toniutti these days? I feel he's been kinda off for quite a while now (since 2018 perhaps), but I'm not so sure if I'm just imagining things.

• How does everyone feel about Toniutti these days? I feel he's been kinda off for quite a while now (since 2018 perhaps), but I'm not so sure if I'm just imagining things.

IMHO he plays always better with NT than club. And he's doing very well: his reverse sets for Boyer are amazing.

So far France in control, except few rallies in the end of the set (Serbia almost leveled it).

Slovenia-Poland looked a tougher game.

Today L. Tillie started with Lyneel instead of his son.

• TBH, I am a Poland NT hater most of the time, I don't like Heynen and some of Polish players. But I do agree they are one of best teams in the world, based on the stats in world tournaments.

The basic logic is: if we say Slovenia is a top team because they beat Russia/Poland in knockout. Then how about when Slovenia lost to North Macedonia and Russia in group matches, can we say they are a bottom team? Clearly not. In this case we just say they have a good day or bad day. So what's the standard to define a top team (Class A team) and good team (Class B team)? I won't use I feel, I think, I sense or whatever words. I only check their NT stats, esp stats in Olympics, WCH and WC. Hard evidence talks, just like we evaluate a player by his stats in the whole season, not just by several games.

If someone said Slovenia is a top team in this ECH, I agree. But if someone said Slovenia is a top team in the world, I do not agree. A top team, by default, should be defined or checked by spanning a certain period of time, such as a few years, to make it more convincing. Just my 2 cents.

• Fine, Serbia got 4th place in WCH 2018. France got 4th place in WCH 2014. If you still argue 2014 is also a stone age, I have no words. I don't like to discuss this topic with someone who did not even watch Men's games. You don't have to be an expert to understand what I said. As long as you watched Men's games, you will know.

• Serbia strikes back heavily in the second set. Atanasijevic is a monster among monsters! He's finally back in shape. Absolutely 100% spike rate until now. Serbia's block is killing Lyneel and Boyer so they can't spike the ball recklessly. But idk why when Serbia gets a good point distance they become loose, making too many errors and letting France get some consecutive points one after another.

• Serbia should have no problems to take set #2.

• Serbia strikes back heavily in the second set. Atanasijevic is a monster among monsters! He's finally back in shape. Absolutely 100% spike rate until now. Serbia's block is killing Lyneel and Boyer so they can't spike the ball recklessly. But idk why when Serbia gets a good point distance they become loose, making too many errors and letting France get some consecutive points one after another.

When AA is on fire, he's scary. But sometimes he choked in clutch time, such as WCH 2018 final 4 and Italian league final 2018-19.

• My goodness, 19:11 - > 21:18

Drama starts?

• What Serbia is doing?

24:19 -> 24:22 now.