CEV Men’s European Championship 2019 - hosts France, Slovenia, Belgium and the Netherlands

• Vincic denying Uros clever play ^^

Btw, I have just noticed that if Serbia wins, it would be the same scenario than in 2011: european champions with both teams (women&men).

Just a little bit of nostalgia remembering Milijkovic & Brakocevic outstanding performances.

• Vincic should've done better imo. Unfortunately for Slovenia, they have no other setter to replace him so it's not only about his mistakes and everyone should be adjusting to him.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don’t know why people keep trusting Atanasjevic to request challenges. I’ve never seen someone to miss so many of them.

• Lisinac's serve improved a lot. His power serve was always hurting opponent as usual. Sometimes he did not throw the ball well, then he changed the pace, serving a floating serve instead, which is hard for Slovenia's reception

• Vincic have to forget about the middles. It's just not working against the Serbian block.:gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Once Slovenia's reception starts shaky, their OHs/OPP have a lot of pressure to score.

• If the sets arent good when the pass is fine, imagine how they are when the reception is shaky :sos:

Serbia is serving way better than in 1st set. Changing the pace when is needed.

• Petric scored with 83%, even better than MB.

• If the sets arent good when the pass is fine, imagine how they are when the reception is shaky :sos:

Serbia is serving way better than in 1st set. Changing the pace when is needed.

Agreed. Vincic needs to go back to being fluid even at the cost of predictability. His imprecision is not sitting well with his middle blockers. They are giving away free points to Serbia.

#FreeBritney

• If Serbia can keep this level, then they have huge chance of making to Tokyo, I really hope they can make it this time.:super:

I agree. But Serbia is such a HUGE question mark. Their level changes more than the dollar exchange rate in Argentina :(

Nobody knows what they could show in the next match. As well as Slovenia, its weakest link is setter position.

• I agree. But Serbia is such a HUGE question mark. Their level changes more than the dollar exchange rate in Argentina :(

Nobody knows what they could show in the next match. As well as Slovenia, its weakest link is setter position.

I know, especially in the OG qualifications, they always play bad, that's what I'm worried the most.

• I know, especially in the OG qualifications, they always play bad, that's what I'm worried the most.

This is why I'd rather see them lose here so they win OG qualifications. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Monkey's block is phenomenal today.

• I have just lost the count of how many times Urnaut and Cebulj have had to just tip or push the ball. They are scoring, sure, but serbian defense is paying way more attention to that.

Lisinac MUST be one of the best MBs in this tournment. Monster performance from his side.

• This is as good as over, unfortunately. At least Slovenia took a set?

Speaking of the future, however, does Slovenia have any young prospects? They had a good youth team a couple of years ago iirc, didn't they?

• The biggest difference is the middle blockers. Lisinac and Potke are giving so much one on one chances for Atanasijevic and Atanasijevic with one and one is child's play. When the pass is bad (which rarely happened after the first set)Uros and Petric are smart with their attacks.

Slovenia's second set was the turning point. It felt like they waned down from there and looked lost as a team.

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().

• Speaking of the future, however, does Slovenia have any young prospects? They had a good youth team a couple of years ago iirc, didn't they?

I think that sadly they will dissapear when the current mains retire. It usually happens to minor European volleyball countries that their level drops or rises with generations. See Greece, Portugal, Spain, Czechia. Even the dutch disappeared for like 15 years after being olympic champions and are just now regaining some level.