CEV Men’s European Championship 2019 - hosts France, Slovenia, Belgium and the Netherlands

• Congrat Serbia! I think they werent considered as favourites, but they did it! Same story than in 2011: men&women champions :super:

I really dont know who could be chosen as MVP. No idea.

Slovenia fairy tale ends in the final once again. They had one a hell of tournment, but they DO need another setter. Really.

• Slovenia had a prefect set #1. But when Serbia's serve was on fire, Slovenia had been struggling with reception and attack since set #2. Serbia won three set in a row and made it very hard to Slovenia to score. Vincic's high time was over. He had a few mismatch with his MB. Serbia's several key blocks changed the momentum. Congrats to Serbia for winning ECH 2019. :drink:

• Someone knows if the dream award will be announced 3 centuries later like in the women ECH?:whistle:

• Congrat Serbia! I think they werent considered as favourites, but they did it! Same story than in 2011: men&women champions :super:

I really dont know who could be chosen as MVP. No idea.

Slovenia fairy tale ends in the final once again. They had one a hell of tournment, but they DO need another setter. Really.

They also need a functional OPP. Gasparini’s time is over.

Indeed, it’s already a miracle Slovenia made it to the final. Urnaut and Cebuj pumped up to the max to replenish the missing offensive force from the right wing.

• Vincic sets the middle a little far from the net but they are simply not 7 foot monsters like Muserskiy that can kill those balls and still create bigger angles by limiting power to a slight degree so a good block and a good defense can pick up those stray balls easily.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Congrats to team Serbia. This is the 2nd Euro Volley trophy for Uros, AA and Podrascanin. They’re all taking a core role today. Back then, Uros was a complete newbie to senior NT after a brilliant summer with the youth team. The whole team was still carried by Miljkovic, who played his last tournament for NT. Podrascanin was the only player out of these three who’s in the starting winning squad of 2011. Indeed, he’s been starting for the NT since 2006!

• Actually, the bronze metal match of POL vs FRA was more entertaining to watch than the final. Although Poland won at 3:0, but each set was intense and close. If Boyer did not choke that bad, France might have a chance to win, or at least drag the game into tie break.

• Congrats to team Serbia. This is the 2nd Euro Volley trophy for Uros, AA and Podrascanin. They’re all taking a core role today. Back then, Uros was a complete newbie to senior NT after a brilliant summer with the youth team. The whole team was still carried by Miljkovic, who played his last tournament for NT. Podrascanin was the only player out of these three who’s in the starting winning squad of 2011. Indeed, he’s been starting for the NT since 2006!

Kovacevic is the core player for current Trentino. He's also a mentally tough dude. Marko has been a solid MB for a long time. I watched his first game back in WCH 2010. They played against Cuba. Leal and young Leon were both in Cuba NT. Time flies.

• I love Uros but he's not the core player of Trentino. It's Giannelli. Basically without him, everyone from Russell, Kovacevic, Jenia and Lisinac (even Cebulj) are impossible to recruit.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

If I am not wrong, Milijkovic also played the World Cup of that year.

• I love Uros but he's not the core player of Trentino. It's Giannelli. Basically without him, everyone from Russell, Kovacevic, Jenia and Lisinac (even Cebulj) are impossible to recruit.

Of course, here by default I talk about core player in terms of OH/OPP. Like, Leon for Perugia, Juan for Lube, Zaytsev for Modena. Kovacevic for Trentino. Check Trentino's stats last season. The games they lost are the days when Kovacevic was off.

• Kovacevic is deceptively young. He started like almost a decade ago for the NT and he's only 26 years of age. :white:

#FreeBritney

• The poor reception cost the game. The difference between MBs was just too much. Lisinac and Petric helped Serbia in crucial moments and made the difference. Slovenia absolutely had no chance to win after the first set. I don't know why, but they didn't seem to be as motivated as they were in the start.

It was a well-deserved victory. Congrats Serbia!