Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• This. And to be honest, Atanasijevic did almost nothing in the last 2 sets. Everything started from the service line, with Russell and Ivan making a hige difference. It made it easier for our blocked, who where just amazing (expecially Podrascanin in the last points of the last set). Having Sokolov on our side insted of the serbian, it was an fast and easy 3-0 for us. We won because we almost didn't run the opposite. :win:

• @RainsofShame. Hioney u can hate as much as you can on Atanasijevic. I did not watch any games of this Cup, but checked the stats and he scored 25 points yesterday, it is funny that when he plays well you dont even show up in this forum( like yesterday you did not) , you only come when he plays bad. You just sit there watch and wait, wait for the moment he will have a bad game or couple of plays to come here to to troll him.

But I don`t even care anymore, it became old, you can troll him as much as you want. That`s your right.

I just wonder where all this hate comes from? I think he turned you down for autograph or selfie maybe, and got your feelings hurt? :lol: :flower: :D :woohoo:

• Jesus christ. :white: Are you for real? :rolll:

An outside hitter scoring at the double digits is already a good impression.

An opposite scoring at the 20s is not uncommon.

But an opposite who stops being reliable during the worst time to become unreliable is unforgiveable. :whistle:

I'm already hopeful Atanasijevic will completely stop choking when it matters the most and you are here trying to hate on me and calling me Shame. :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sorry but I still think you and Shame are the same person. Sorry ;)

But anyways, I just responded because Shame posted something and I know for sure he was talking about me. But like I said before if you guys think Ata is not good, that`s your right to think that and I will respect. If he`s only problem is in the end of the sets, that is easy to FIX, just don`t set the ball for him, set somewhere else and the problem will be solved.

Ok let`s not keep dragging this on as I said before this "hate" towards ATA is old and boring, and I`m done defending him, if you guys want to still blame everything on him anytime they loose go ahead, that`s your right....but I won`t keep talking about this same old topic again.

EDIT: Perugia WON and still Shame wants to blame something on ATA... OMGGG, but oh well, that`s his right. :woohoo:

• Rains of Shame! :rolll:

Actually I'm just pleasing my team: they found the winning formula, which is "do not make Atanasijevic a factor". Russell, Zaytsev and Podrascanin made it all.

Atanasijevic in this match killed his first key point since he plays for Perugia. It doesn't even feel real to me. I'm not used to it. BTW it could be something occasional, he choked the whole match as usual.

• As someone who's neutral on this whole Atanasijevic debacle (seriously, people, why waste so much energy into this?), I gotta partially agree with SHAME and Rains here. I watched the whole game and at some point in the fourth set I even commented with a friend that Atanasijevic was barely receiving balls (if any), but still Perugia was soaring. I even thought De Cecco was avoiding him on purpose.

Russell was definitely the key factor. Plus that Zaytsev dig in the end was incredible.

• As someone who's neutral on this whole Atanasijevic debacle (seriously, people, why waste so much energy into this?), I gotta partially agree with SHAME and Rains here. I watched the whole game and at some point in the fourth set I even commented with a friend that Atanasijevic was barely receiving balls (if any), but still Perugia was soaring. I even thought De Cecco was avoiding him on purpose.

Russell was definitely the key factor. Plus that Zaytsev dig in the end was incredible.

Thank God!

BTW I'm pretty sure De Cecco avoided him, becuase in the second set, with the same situations, he was running the OHs from every position with unspikeable sets, just to avoid him. Lucchetta on TV questioned his choices as well. ;)

I'm not sure this can work in the future. All-around Zaytsev is something won't probably happen so often. It's all up to Russell, as usual. :rolleyes:

• It is my absolutely pleasure to inform to the "World of Shame", that Atanasijevic was the highest score of this CUP with 42 points. He had the highest score of a single game with 25 points.

1 - ATA - 42 points. :drink: :super: :woohoo: :cup:

2 - Solokov - 40 points
    3 - Sabbi - 39 points

4 - Ngapeth - 38 points
    5- Vetorri - 37 points
    Russell - 37 points
    6 - Juantorena - 29 points
    7 - Kavocevic - 28 points
    8 - Zaytsev - 22 points
    Marko - 22 points
    Urnaut - 22 points
    9 - Lanza - 21 points
    10 - Eder - 17 points
    11 - Anzani - 15 points

• Hi guys!!!
    I was in Civitanova and despite Trento defeats and game I must say I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the experience a lot! 8o

Congrats to Perugia for finally grab a trophy!! Same goes to (finally) captain De Cecco and Atanasjevic!
    It really felt as a broken curse, and it was very deserved!
    Russell clear MVP for me as well, but there are a lot of player I liked, from Colaci ( :heart: so hard to see him on the other side!!), to Zaytsev (as often not outstanding in attack, but helping a lot overall), to Podke (monster block!) to Luciano, but I also generally liked Ata.
    More than once I though 'and now comes the moment he is chocking/will choke and after all it didn't happen: blocked at the end of the third set vs Trento, then at the end 4th set vs Trento I think he did a mistake, then was block, but I think he was the one that closed the match... and again yesterday, on a Perugia match point (or may be they were even?) he had to serve and I wasn't optimist, but he served very well.
    One thing that won't change is him calling random videocheck, though :lol: two calls by Magnum, two points for Lube! And it would have been 3 if Zaytsev hadn't sopped him once. Ivan also called to successfull challenge.

On Trento side, quite a terrible game imho (with several margine to improve, though), but I'm proud that as often happens they fiercely managed to incredibily come back, I'm still 2ondering how they won the third set of the semi despite being dominated by Perugia :lol:
    After all both Trento matches became entrataining and made me having fun and hoping for the tie break until the very last.

I’m just hoping for tight, 5-setter games.

I hoped that as well, instead we had all 3-1... but quite fought sets especially in the ends, so it was funny non the less.

Worst service from Christenson

:lol: I was so upset it catched a player at the net, I would have loved to see it going actually under the net :lol:

He killed the ball at 25-25. There you can see the difference with the past finals. Russell played simply amazing. Those 3 aces in a row kept us alive. Zaytsev's all-around match was impressive

I agree!!

Quite good match by Zaystev, as usual is more usefull from the back row than as a spiker, when he plays as OH

I agree again!

but having Massimo Colaci is just a relief for all the outside hitters. He helped manned the backrow and that was the player lacking from Perugia last season. A really good libero.

:heart: :heart: he will be missed! Even if De Pandis imho was among the best in Trento (not a very hard challenge in this Supercup though :lol: ). Chiappa was often in the right place but rarely kept the ball positively alive, but I have faith in him, because Lorenzetti does. Obviously he is not there well, but I think/hope he will be. The worst things he did were like 3 sets on the other court or wrong, these were terrible :S

Pressure to win was always their number one worst enemy.

True, I think this victory is a great liberation for Perugia in general and for many of their players individually!

• Italian Cup, eight finals

Calzedonia Verona – Revivre Milano 3-1 (24-26, 25-22, 25-21, 25-20)
    MVP: Alen Pajenk (Verona)
    [I've watched part of the match, imho it was quite enjoiable]
    Calzedonia Verona: Spirito 4, Jaeschke 14, Pajenk 12, Stern 19, Maar 18, Birarelli 0, Pesaresi (L), Mengozzi 6, Marretta 0. N.E. Paolucci, Frigo, Grozdanov. All. Grbic. Revivre Milano: Sbertoli 2, Schott 12, Averill 9, Abdel-Aziz 26, Klinkenberg 11, Piano 3, Fanuli (L), Piccinelli (L), Preti 0, Daldello 0. N.E. Tondo, Galassi. All. Giani. ARBITRI: Rapisarda, Santi. NOTE - durata set: 30', 27', 33', 27'; tot: 117'.

Gi Group Monza – Taiwan Excellence Latina 3-0 (25-17, 25-22, 25-22)
    MVP: Kawika Shoji
    Gi Group Monza: Shoji 3, Dzavoronok 9, Buti 7, Finger 15, Botto 11, Beretta 5, Brunetti (L), Rizzo (L), Langlois 0, Walsh 0, Hirsch 2. N.E. Arasomwan, Terpin. All. Falasca. Taiwan Excellence Latina: Sottile 1, Maruotti 7, Rossi 5, Starovic 10, Savani 11, Le Goff 0, De Angelis (L), Shoji (L), Corteggiani 4, Huang 0, Gitto 2. N.E. Kovac. All. Di pinto. ARBITRI: Puecher, Zanussi. NOTE - durata set: 25', 29', 29'; tot: 83'.

Tonno Callipo Calabria Vibo Valentia – Bunge Ravenna 1-3 (21-25, 25-22, 9-25, 17-25)
    MVP: Paul Buchegger (Ravenna)
    [I had never heard of him but I read he did great, 25 points with 5 aces]
    Tonno Callipo Calabria Vibo Valentia: Coscione 0, Lecat 6, Costa 5, Patch 11, Antonov 10, Verhees 8, Torchia (L), Izzo 0, Massari 0, Marra (L), Domagala 2, Presta 1. N.E. Corrado. All. Tubertini. Bunge Ravenna: Orduna 2, Marechal 14, Georgiev 12, Buchegger 25, Poglajen 13, Vitelli 4, Goi (L), Diamantini 1, Raffaelli 0, Pistolesi 0. N.E. Marchini, Gutierrez. All. Soli. ARBITRI: Tanasi, Cappello. NOTE - durata set: 27', 29', 30', 25'; tot: 111'.

Piacenza-Padova today at 8.30 pm, on Raisport.

Quarterfinals (18/10 h8.30 pm - Sportube)

Lube-Ravenna
    Modena-Verona (19/10 h8.30 pm on Raisport)
    (The winners will cross in semifinal)

Trento-Monza
    Perugia-Piacenza/Padova
    (The winners will cross in semifinal)

• Holy Christ at Padova's setter! That's got to be the worst setting I've seen since watching HS volleyball. I feel like Nelli is the only spiker he has the most accuracy with. :white:

Thank the heavens he is a cutie and young. :heart: But yeah he is playing so bad. This should be actually 3-0 win for Padova if not for those mistakes. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What a ridoculous 4th set! :rolll:

Padova led by 5 pts only to be cut off to nil and eventually Piacenza also surpassing them by 5 pts. After a series of blocks and powerful serving by Nelli and Randazzo. They caught up despite losing Sperandio to an injury and even won the match to qualify for the quarterfinals of Italian Cup.

Looks like the fast tempo game of Padova killed the old legs of Piacenza as a whole. The setter of Padova is not perfect yet for that type of play but it was enough for them to win the game. It really helped that Nelli was consistently bombing every ball and the block of Padova roofed almost everyone from Piacenza. And as I said the age is showing with Piacenza. There were hardly bodies diving and running for the ball and that ultimately destroyed their chances.

#FreeBritney

• I hope Raisport will load the match because I want to see also the 3rd and 4th set that I missed!
    Super happy for Nelli (who didn't start very well in the first set, even if he could be partially justified because of the sets he received if I recall well) and for Padova in general, since they have a lot of italian players, and especially YOUNG and eligible for the NT italians: Balaso, Randazzo, Nelli, Polo...

The setter is just the second setter, Travica is the titular (and captain) but he has some physical problems since at least 2 weeks.

While I thought Milano could surprise Verona (and in effect they did play well, but it wasn't enough), I wasn't expecting Padova to be the surprise of the eight final, especially without Travica: well done guys!

• Watched the last two sets!
    I must say Nelli was even better than I expected reading the news of the match and the stats, because he was wonderful not only in attack but also from the 9 meters line, especially in crucial moments (even if he didn't score many aces): he was serving (and very good) from the 21-24 to the 26-24 of the 3rd set (with I think only one direct ace at 24-24), he was serving again when Piacenza was 20-16 in the 4th set and Padova closed the gap to 20-19.

I also liked Polo a lot: I've always been interesting in him as possible future MB for the NT and I think he's getting better and better.

• Does anyone have any information about Lazar Cirovic?

He is serbian and I know he is probably not the best serbian player in Superlega but I thought he played good in Panathinaikos and in Padova . It's kinda strange for him not to be invited in the national team.

#FreeBritney

• How peculiar, both Perugia-Padova and Civitanova-Ravenna will play two matches in a row between Regular Season (15 oct for Per vs Pad, 22 oct C vs R) and Italian Cup (18 oct).
    Even more peculiar, both Civitanova and Perugia will host not only the Italian Cup match (has earned considering last year RS final ranking), but also the RS match.
    Padova will remain in Perugia after Sunday match to prepare for the Italian Cup, I don't know about Ravenna.

• I guess we can say this is a big test for Nelli. He's up against an incredible block from Perugia. If he can manage to break that then Blengini might consider him.

I have to say... I was disappointed with Piacenza's block. I have to disqualify that as a barometer for this two day-date with Perugia. I don't think Nelli will have easier time dealing against that and especially with the height of the wing blockers of Perugia but as I said... it is big test for him.

#FreeBritney

• 25 attack attempt, 3 errors, 2 blocked, 13 point, 52%

Nelli stats after Trento-Perugia 3-1 in the last RS, first round.

I'm not saying he is phenomenal, I'm not saying he won't have an hard time vs Perugia block (that rocked in the Supercup), I'm not saying he will play as well as he did vs Piacenza... but we shouldn't forget that last year he was Trento titular opposite until he had more than a month of stop for an injury. And remember that Trento was pretty outstanding in the first part of the season, they were unbeaten for like... 9-10 matches?
    Also the year before he played many matches, but that happened because Djuric was injured, so back then it was a forced choice.

I specify that because I'm hearing/reading quite often comments like 'finally Nelli has a chance to be titular' (also the commentators yesterday said something like that), but that isn't true.
    On the other hand I do agree this should/could be for him the 'test' year, the confirmation year.
    But I think he should have been used during the WL, instead of cut out before it...