Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• And for Perugia. I think it has been said already but they need to use Della Lunga a lot more. Ivan is still not doing too great at attacking. He's not even hitting great on 2 or 4 anymore so it has to be fixed immediately. This is a great time now that it is a start of the Superlega and Italian Cup campaign. The pressure is a little more less than before so he can now sit back and go back developing his technique. I think Perugia can now turn to man-management much better than last season now that the winning core has been established. I actually think Coach Lorenzo has the trust of the board. First trophy belongs to him as a coach after all so he can probably do whatever the hell he wants for this season. I highly doubt they see Zaytsev or Atanasijevic as instrumental of the win. It's really down on team work so no one should be taking credit for that. The coach in my opinion improved Aaron Russell's blocking and serving technique. He wasn't that good under Kovac or Speraw but the foundation was definitely during the time of Bernardi in Perugia and it showed during the final. Berger also became more reliable. He even made it possible by turning him into a receiving opposite in order to give him playing time and to make Perugia a lot less reliant on Atanasinevic.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• True but we have to remember that Zaytsev was still an opposite and Nelli was hitting on top of Berger's block.

Edit: And Perugia was still with Bari. :dance6:

I do agree he should've been tested during the NT season but without knowing the details that Blengini knows... We can only specualate why he was cut off like how everyone is saying even in twitter that Italy NT was Trentino+the bench. :dance6:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Of course, but what I meant is that he can't be considered as a player that never faced strong teams or strong players in his life.
    Even if probably this Perugia is the strongest team he faced in his life.

• Of course, but what I meant is that he can't be considered as a player that never faced strong teams or strong players in his life.
    Even if probably this Perugia is the strongest team he faced in his life.

I agree that he played against strong teams before. Zenit Kazan and Bolivar are strong teams but the circumstance is now different from the last time by playing in a less-known and assumingly weaker team than Trentino. So that makes the matchdays against Perugia more special for him and his case for the NT. I guess we can say... he is expected to lead his team than just become a follower so the result of those matches are a much higher importance than the results he got in Trentino.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• he is expected to lead his team than just become a follower

About that I totally agree, that's why I said this could/should be the year of the test/confirmation for him.*
    He has to prove himself as a leading spiker in the team, which he usually wasn't in Trentino, or at least not alone.
    On the serve I must say he was important as well, also in crucial moments. Even if the true Trento's master of 'serving hard in crucial moment' was Antonov, of course ;)

I also agree that the match vs Perugia is an important one for him, but on the other hand I wouldn't judge him harshly in case he will struggle, at least not in this moment of the year and not after one match vs a "big" (plus, it's possible Travica will be back, and I've no idea how much they could play together pre-season).

Anyway, Padova will play in a row vs Perugia (RS), Perugia (CI), Trento (RS). Though week head!

*even if who shines with medium teams doesn't always shine with top teams as well, so having a great year may not translate in being a super-top opposite in the future.

• Cebulij and Travica will probably stay out the first match of RS, both for muscular problems (quadricep for Travica, I think abdominal muscles for Cebulij).
    Travica may be back for the match vs Trento next Sunday, about Cebulij is not specified when he will be back.

• First day of RS, tomorrow at 6 pm:

Diatec Trentino – Revivre Milano
    Sir Safety Conad Perugia – Kioene Padova
    Azimut Modena – BCC Castellana Grotte
    Gi Group Monza – Biosì Sora
    Tonno Callipo Calabria Vibo Valentia – Cucine Lube Civitanova
    Bunge Ravenna – LPR Piacenza
    Taiwan Excellence Latina – Calzedonia Verona (Raisport)

• Cebulij and Travica will probably stay out the first match of RS, both for muscular problems (quadricep for Travica, I think abdominal muscles for Cebulij).
    Travica may be back for the match vs Trento next Sunday, about Cebulij is not specified when he will be back.

Also Dijuric is out for a knee inflammation; he will need 10-15 day to be back (even if it seems he started training again, but he's not in Latina). Stern titular.

Plus, it's possible Kovacevic won't play ( ;( ), he skipped some training sessions this week, I guess it's the same problem he had before the Supercup?
    In case, Hoag should be titular.

• Surreal third set for Trento: they were leading like 16-9, then Abdel Aziz went to serve and he left at 17-16 for Milano, with I think 3 (or even 4) direct ace, one slash ball earned, and – most incredible of all – the 16th point made again by Abdel Aziz... with a dig!

After that, it was all Milano, that won 25-20 :S (and now is leading 2-1)

The good thing for me is that I have Abdel Aziz on fantavolley :lol:

• I'm watching Latina - Verona... As usual, when he plays for Latina (and only for Latina) Sasa Starovic is a top player

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Surreal third set for Trento: they were leading like 16-9, then Abdel Aziz went to serve and he left at 17-16 for Milano, with I think 3 (or even 4) direct ace, one slash ball earned, and – most incredible of all – the 16th point made again by Abdel Aziz... with a dig!

After that, it was all Milano, that won 25-20 :S (and now is leading 2-1)

The good thing for me is that I have Abdel Aziz on fantavolley :lol:

That was incredible !
    Why can't we watch two matches at the same time? :wall: Disappointed by Padova! I was expecting better performance from them.
    Lube just escaped losing points by the mistakes of Vibo. Worst receiving performance by them I've seen in recent years. Sander and Christenson's service performances were the only positives. I'm afraid Sokolov's injury is serious :white:
    Edit: Abdel Aziz sealed the deal! Milano beat Trentino

• Marko was rested for the third set. No surprise that was a much closer set.

Thanks to Aaron's great game again I have to say. Both Berger and Ivan played badly(Ivan once again payed great serve and block however) because Della Lunga had an injury(wound somewhere on his toes???) so he was the only in-form OH on that line up today.

#FreeBritney

• That was incredible !
    Why can't we watch two matches at the same time? Disappointed by Padova! I was expecting better performance from them.
    Lube just escaped losing points by the mistakes of Vibo. Worst receiving performance by them I've seen in recent years. Sander and Christenson's service performances were the only positives. I'm afraid Sokolov's injury is serious
    Edit: Abdel Aziz sealed the deal! Milano beat Trentino

I'm ok with Padova losing, they have to put all their efforts to play their best volleyball ever on the next match vs Perugia in three days, for the Italian Cup :D

Milano played very good as I expected, but I was also expecting something more by Trento: I wouldn't say there is someone that actually played badly on our side (probably only De Pandis disappointed me today, while in the Supercup he was one of the best imho), but on the other hand nobody played that great.
    Curious that few days ago Mosna was complaining that Milano promised them to keep using Galassi as titular and then took both Averill and Piano: today Galassi joined the match at the end of the 4th set and rocked during the tie break (two blocks in a row from 7-7 to 7-9 for Milan, for example). Be careful about what you wish for, Mosna :lol: (I'm kidding of course, I was sad as well that Galassi won't be titular this year, even if unlike Mosna what I care at the moment is the NT, not his possible future in Trento)
    Anyway, we need to be more brilliant, or Monza will beat us as well.

So, Sander did play as titular? I read there was a possibility for that but I didn't understand if it was for Kovar physical problems or technical choices.

I'm crossing my finger to finally have the matches on demand on Sportube, I wanna catch up!

EDIT: I forgot to ask what happened to Sokolov! I read ankle injury?

• Della Lunga lost a lot of blood from his foot (not sure if he cut a finger).

Btw you guys shall follow Serie A1 players on IG: basically everyone is injured. :aww:

I watched Latina-Verona till the fourth set. Savani was simply outstanding.