Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Sokolov - sprained ankle
    Kovar was simply terrible in all aspects. I think Sander will continue as a starting OH for Lube

Yes ı will follow Padova's Coppa Italia performance :whistle:

I saw Sokolov stats and I guess he injured very early in the match?
    So Medei was free to use who he wanted...

Anyway, I would keep Kovar safe for the important moments, to be honest. I don't think he can handle a whole season a titular, but he proved more than once he can be the crucial 'equilibrium' man when it counts.

About Yoder, is it possible the problem wasn't in the technique but in the character or something like that?

• It could be, he's a very good OH but not the best teammate. I don't like his body language on the court.

• 3 tie breaks, and they all ended bad for the home team

• Italian Cup quarter final this evening, with Perugia-Padova, Monza-Trento, Lube-Ravenna. 8.30 pm on Sportube.

Tomorrow Modena-Verona (on paper, the most interesting one, even if I'm more scared for Trento-Monza obviously... and I can't watch the match this evening :( )

• Because I'm a Trentino fan and so far we played so and so (or better, we have very good moment but also bad moments and 'regular' moments) and on the other hand Monza is playing quite effectively.

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely positive that Trento has all the potential to beat Monza, but at the moment I don't think it's granted we will express enough of this potential. Obviously I'm hoping we will ;)

• Scarpetta, I read it now, and the link brings to an empty page...

BTW, all the 'big' took the pass for the Final4 with a 3-0.

I've only watched the first set of Trento so I can't say much more, beside being obviously happy we (Trento) finally grab a victory, and for me the most important one since the beginning of the season :)

Looking at the stats, we finally rocked from the 9 meters, 10 aces and 'only' 15 errors (Vettori 4 aces and 3 errors).

Final4:
    Trento-Perugia
    Lube-Modena/Verona

• Did anyone see Tsvetan Sokolov warming up for the match while being filmed on IG live? :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Coppa Italia matches yesterday are now available on demand and their own time. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I can too, but only picking them from the lateral (right) column of live matches in the home of volley.
    If I pick them from the 'palinsesto' (where it shows the matches available day per day and indicate the time) they ask me to log in even if I have already done it.

Anyway, they are available only on certain timetables, but you can any moment of the match as you like. (so, if it's say 10.00 am, you can watch the whole replay even if you start at 11 am)

• The second set ended 25-9 for Modena :white:

So, the Final 4 will be the replay of the Supercup.

• For now there is still an enormous gap between the top four teams and the rest; sincerely I don't see how good teams as Verona, Latina or Milano can go further than the quarter finals.

• Yes, I thought the gap was going to be smaller* (and partially it is, look at Milano beating Trento at PalaTrento, but also Lube – even if without Sokolov – had to fight to win vs Vibo) but in this quarterfinal we got 4 very 'one direction' matches.

*Smaller than it shoes in quarterfinals, not smaller than last year.

On the other hand, after the big 4 the battle will probably be really tough except with few teams, and I still believe that during the RS sometime the 'little' teams will make the 'bigs' suffer more than expected.

The play off, on the other hand, will probably become truly interesting from the semifinal...

• Abdel Aziz amazing service run: from 10-16 to 17-16, 3 aces, 2 free ball earned, and the last point is a masterpiece :rolll:
    https://youtu.be/D0SWqe0sD-c

I have the impression De Pandis was too advanced inside the court while receiving...

Lorenzetti didn't take a single time-out??? Really? Kudos to Abdel-Aziz, of course, but the coach should take some blame for sure.

• Lorenzetti didn't take a single time-out??? Really? Kudos to Abdel-Aziz, of course, but the coach should take some blame for sure.

I'm not sure if he did but Lorenzettil already made a big adjustment by bringing Kovacevic to receive in place of Vettori so even if he didn't... They should've won the game. De Pandis struggled quite a lot during the game and seemed lost every play.

#FreeBritney

• Ivan playing great. He's uncharacteristically killing the pipe than in the front still.

Terrible start for Verona. Nothing's working for them but the attacks from the middle. Now that's even being defended too.

#FreeBritney