Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• what a terrible end to a nice set.... Clearly Bruno got to the ball... I hate it when refs ruin games like that, such an important point needs more concentration or at least refs must be able to call on the challenge themselves if they are unsure.. :wall:

• Refereeesss! They robbed Modena. That ball didn't touch the floor

Sounds like good ol' Karma hit Modena real quick. :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Don't forget Macerata won a championship with a mistake of referee. Only constant is Kovar, so this must be his luck :lol:
    For Modena if Ngapeth had played a better game, they could won this match. Perhaps Urnaut played his career match today. Lube stopped serving to him in this match (a wrong strategy I believe) and it gave him freedom in the offensive end.
    I think Juantorena received record number of services. He was good but Medei should have hid him more. He was dead tired at the end.
    Now I'm sure there is a tension between Sokolov and Juantorena . Against Trentino, after Juantorena's final ace, Juantorena made a gesture of 'me' and Sokolov didn't celebrate the last point. :roll:
    Today after Juantorena didn't score the point but Sokolov did (I think 19-18) , Sokolov made the same gesture, showing himself as 'me'' :lol: After the final point he also made the same gesture :box:

• I think Bruno was playing too fast for the opposites. He could've slowed it down for Sabbi or Argenta and let themselves get around the block instead.

scarpetta what season did Macerata win that fake scudetto? :gone:

I would be pleased if there's a video of that point? :dance6:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Juantorena received 38 services :what: This statistics are wrong :lol:
    45 sets to Sokolov, 29 to Juantorena. There is still great unbalance but Sokolov did his job today.
    Ngapeth received 42 sets for his 40% hitting percentage. Big mistake by Bruno
    @rains_of_castamere 2012

• I think Bruno was playing too fast for the opposites. He could've slowed it down for Sabbi or Argenta and let themselves get around the block instead.

scarpetta what season did Macerata win that fake scudetto? :gone:

I would be pleased if there's a video of that point? :dance6:

Macerata's "fake scudetto" (as you call it) season was 2011/12: they faced Trento in a single match final held in Milan and they won 3-2, 22-20 at the 5th. Last point was an attack by Kaziyski wrongly called out by the referees. You can see it here (eventual slow motions included) at 30:50.

Then here is tonight's point.

• I'm not sure regarding that point, anyway it's not a BIG mistake. IMHO, when you lose a set the way we lost the first one, you don't deserve to win. Nothing more to say, I am still depressed due to the way this season evolved and how we managed (badly) the technical and corporate change last summer

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• That ball was clearly saved by Bruno but don't try to describe Ngapeth and Bruno as saints and Juantorena as villain. Ngapeth is one of the greatest provocatoers the game has ever seen. If you want a proof ,just watch him against Trentino. Bruno like majority of Brazilians whines all the time. So stop this nonsense. It is getting absurd

• That ball was clearly saved by Bruno but don't try to describe Ngapeth and Bruno as saints and Juantorena as villain. Ngapeth is one of the greatest provocatoers the game has ever seen. If you want a proof ,just watch him against Trentino. Bruno like majority of Brazilians whines all the time. So stop this nonsense. It is getting absurd

It is true but it was funny as hell when Juantorena didn't complain to his IG followers through IG story about the injustice of Modena. :rolll:

I have nothing on the brazilians but I guess I am used to the women adjusting pretty great to foreign leagues than it's men.

I wish some of the best Brazilian players play more in Europe to see if they have changed or it is just a stereotype. Lucarelli can also be a sight to see and I wonder if how far he can measure up against the best players in the European scene. I know it's impossible right now with his knee injury but I really hope to see him in Europe when he gets back.

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().

• Perugia's serve is dark and full of errors. :gone:

Berger is now playing as full time opposite. Atanasijevic is not playing well.

#FreeBritney

• Perugia almost had it but the pass and block collapsed.

#FreeBritney

• Oh fly, Trento almost wasted a set where they've always appeared in control (also thanks to Perugia demerits, starting from the service line) with unforced mistakes in important actions (fought points or crucial for the moment).
    A think especially about a net invasion after more than once good dig by Trento in the last part, of Zingel error, and of Kovacevic attacking in the net/very low on the block after few good Trento digs at the 16-13, a point that helped Perugia follow closely and prevented Trento to fly away.

Anyway, I think Trento is playing closely to their maximum while Perugia isn't, so the match is probably far to be over, unfortunately for me ;)

• Lanza and Vettori are playing great. The former in the service is exceptional so far.

#FreeBritney

• Trento- Perugia : GOOOOOOO Trento!
    Modena- Lube: Mr. Juantorena never wastes a chance to find new way to dissappoint you. Unbelievable! If you were going to afraid so much so why did you provocate Modena fans? He is acting like he wants to get out of the gym as soon as possible .I thnik at one point he is going to cry when serving. Medei needs a change.

• Why did Bernardi use Berger to sub for Russell? I think our best lineup for tonight is Berger as receiving opposite. I hope it doesn't backfire to Perugia. We might lose firepower with this rotation.

#FreeBritney

• Zaytsev is our best opposite tonight Maybe in the third set Bernardi shoild use Zaytsev that way.

Our service errors are just making it worse for us to play better than this.

#FreeBritney