2017 Norceca

• Did I miss this thread? I did the search though and nothing came up. Why did no one talk about this tourney? I mean it’s not surprising, but a little share of spotlight woudn’t hurt just you know, for the sake of, being discussed because it’s on :sos:

• Who cares about continental championships when we have World League and Grand Champions Cup?! :rolll:

Bacause of the hurrikane, Cuba and Porto Rico had to skip the tournament. It cause many changes.

Mexico was advantaged by the situation, having a very easy 4 teams group, and made it to SFs.

USA Team and Canada has a 3 teams group. Canada advanced directoly to the SFs because of the better points ratio (USA Team had DR in the group stage).

USA Team had to play QFs against Costa Rica, then swept Canada in semifinal (it was actually the real final of the tournament) and won the gold medal against DR.

Most Valuable Player
    Micah Christenson

Best Scorer
    Alberto Blanco

Best Server
    Joann Breleur (Martinica, I can't find the flag)

Best Digger
    Luis Chávez

Best Receiver
    Jorge Barajas

Best Setter
    Pedro Rangel

Best Outside Spikers
    Aaron Russell
    Stephen Maar

Best Middle Blockers
    José Martínez
    Leonel Antonio Aragon

Best Opposite Spiker
    Sharone Vernon-Evans

Best Libero
    Luis Chávez

• The topic has been discussed in the Men's WCH 2018 thread.

EDIT: It was a continental championship, I am sorry, I didn't realize that. I thought it was just a qualifier.

• It was a qualifier as well. USA, Dominican Republic and Canada qualified for the 2018 WCH.

NORCECA is thinking about a solution for Cuba and Porto Rico, which didn't play the tournament becuase of the hurrikane. It seems there will be a new qualifier with the 2 NTs and the 4th and 5th classified in the NORCECA championship for the last 2 spots.

• It was a qualifier as well. USA, Dominican Republic and Canada qualified for the 2018 WCH.

NORCECA is thinking about a solution for Cuba and Porto Rico, which didn't play the tournament becuase of the hurrikane. It seems there will be a new qualifier with the 2 NTs and the 4th and 5th classified in the NORCECA championship for the last 2 spots.

Yes, we discussed about it in the WCh topic! (well, I think I just read actually, but I did read ^^ )

Was Averill playing? He played in Milano this evening, and even very well!

• :drink: Cheers guys! This is the 1st thread I created.I did search though and yeah I saw it under the 'qualifier'. Tried to delete after creation and I'm surprised it lingers :heart:

I was wondering why no one 'dared' to post a dedicated thread just to announce of some sort. Hell even AVC got their own lol. Honestly, I am more excited for my boys to be in Italy than in Colorado Springs. Even I didn't watch a single match live and just followed who wins on USA Volley twitter. That's another thing. The commentary is in Spanish. No love lost to my Spanish friends. I just didn't bother myself to look for any videos in English. I share the views on USAvCAN semis. There's not much to say about that. And the awards, boy were they all well distributed haha. Clearly USA dominated all positions without dropping a set. Again no love lost to NORCECA, Hats off to organizers. The floor graphics is top notch.

Thanks again guys for the updates

• Yes, we discussed about it in the WCh topic! (well, I think I just read actually, but I did read ^^ )

Was Averill playing? He played in Milano this evening, and even very well!

Sorry, I didn't know. I don't follow those topics before the competitions start.

Averill wasn't there at all. Sperow rested him and Jendryk and called for the tournament McDonnel, Holt, Smith and Stahl. He gave court time to everyone of them, which is the reason why we haven't USA MBs in the all-star team. Holt was the one who played less of all probably.