Japan - V.Premier League 2017-2018

• 2018 Volleyball Chubu General Championship Tournament? バレー中部総合

Does anybody know what this is? Part of/but separate from the Summer League? It looks like Denso is playing their A-team without Nabeya.

btw - I have high hopes for Marvel Comics Super Hero Rei Kudo this upcoming year. Looks like she is playing that MB/OP role our dearly departed Risa Ishii used to play.

• There are plenty of regional championships in Japan, let alone prefectural things. PFU, Kurobe, Queenseis, JR Gifu, Breath Hamamatsu and Denso all played over three days. Only best-of-three sets. Queenseis won over Kurobe in the finals, Kurobe beat Denso in one semifinal, while Queenseis beat PFU in the other.

• There are plenty of regional championships in Japan, let alone prefectural things. PFU, Kurobe, Queenseis, JR Gifu, Breath Hamamatsu and Denso all played over three days. Only best-of-three sets. Queenseis won over Kurobe in the finals, Kurobe beat Denso in one semifinal, while Queenseis beat PFU in the other.

Wow, Kurobe beat Denso in that match? I didn't watch it all yet. Is Kurobe going to be a threat in the V.League this year? I know they just landed Akane Ukishima from Hisamitsu. I think she has good potential.

That guy who makes these videos has a good camera. He's one of those "Butt Stalker" guys a lot of the time, has a lot of uploads of the girls stretching and such, and a lot of game footage that basically just zeroes in on a player's butt. He does also upload some really good stuff. Has up'd a couple VNL matches.

Is there a site that gives info or stats and such for that Chubu General Championship Tournament? I've googled and can't find anything. Nothing on the V.League site as far as I can tell.

• Is there a site that gives info or stats and such for that Chubu General Championship Tournament? I've googled and can't find anything. Nothing on the V.League site as far as I can tell.

Have you try googling with バレー中部総合? If you can't find it in english try searching in their language. I saw a few prefecture volleyball association websites post the scores for the matches (all in Japanese) but no specific stats. Here is one of those link http://sva-shizuoka.or.jp/?p=8464.

• Thank you my friends brahmin and theloneracer . So much volleyball!

That Denso v Kurobe match is pretty good. I had only watched most of the first set when I posted it. Denso crushed Kurobe 25-14. Then they were up 17-11 in set 2. Then they choked massively. The guy who filmed it cut the match at 17-11 and came back at 28-28. So we don't get to see the choke. Then Denso went on to lose the match! WTF

I sort of like the way this guy, Pooshan1053, edits his uploads--right from the ball hitting the floor to the ball leaving the server's hands. A set takes less than ten minutes. When he behaves himself (avoiding the butt-stalking) he knows what he is doing. And he's got a great camera. At times he'll move the whole thing to slow motion and play a waltz for a few points. There were a couple great facials (and one stomach-ial) in the match and he replays them a few times in slow-mo.

One of the massive facials was by a newcomer for Denso--19 year old, 179cm southpaw OP, Lena Sano (Sano Reina). It was a cross court, back row, direct hit to the cheek that knocked the recipient down. Looked worse than it probably was.

Check it out. I've got it queued up:

• Looks like Yuka Kanasugi has transferred to Takeshita's team Victory na Himeji. I think this will be great for her. We won't get to see her play for a couple years (until the team makes it to Division 1?), but we might be hearing about her.

2018/6/4

Yuka Kanasugi

JT Marvelous

I would like to transfer

Transferred to Himeji

Source

My Google Translate and comprehension powers have been wrong before so ...

• Look like Toray Arrows got new uniform and colours scheme for 2018/19 season.

https://twitter.com/TORAY_ArrowsW/status/1036886674146385920

Edit:

Toray Arrows will have a friendly with Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-pass (Korea) at Gimcheon Indoor Gymnasium, Korea on September 18th at 17:00 (GMT +9).

Sources: 1, 2

• We should create a 2018-2019 page.. anyways

We don`t know which teams but Freya Aelbrecht and Laura Heyrman will play in Japan.

sitenoise u will love thee 2...they r nothing like any Euro or Mihajlovic lolo...they are super fun, energetic and all smiles...especially Aelbrecht :cheesy:.

In case you don`t know. They are both members of the Belgium National Team. They both have played in Italy and done super well, Heyrman has been among the top blockers in Italy....I`m honestly surprised she did not sign with a big cub in Italy or Turkey, she can block and attack.

• We should create a 2018-2019 page.. anyways

We don`t know which teams but Freya Aelbrecht and Laura Heyrman will play in Japan.

I don't know either of those two. I just looked and neither played with Belgium during VNL. I liked that team a lot. I'm glad Japan is attracting MBs more. More helpful and they don't get in the way as much.

I may start the 2018-2019 thread. I've been waiting for things to firm up, like team name changes and full rosters. And there's a couple folks here who have a better inside scoop on those kinds of things. Maybe I'll start it in such a way so I can update it as things iron out.