Chinese NT 2018

• There is really nothing she could do if her injury prevents her from reaching her potential. CNT has already given her everything to make sure she comes back to her form but this hasn't happened. She is very fortunate to have loving coaches and teammates to support her all these years. A lot of other players didn't get that same love and retired very early from the sport.

Her situation happens a lot in sport so not sure why this would prevent others from playing the sport. She has been treated the best of all players. Career ending injuries happens and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Chinese Women's Volleyball spirit is the gold standard for Chinese sports so not sure why one player would cause that to change in anyway.

• Xu Yunli is backed with the team. Not sure what her condition is. Waiting for updates from Tomen.

• Back as in to fully participate and play or to provide assistance in coaching the young middle blockers?

Either way, her experience and skills are very much needed. I hope she has recovered well and no more playing in useless competitions that could further injure her.

• Her situation happens a lot in sport so not sure why this would prevent others from playing the sport. She has been treated the best of all players. Career ending injuries happens and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Chinese Women's Volleyball spirit is the gold standard for Chinese sports so not sure why one player would cause that to change in anyway.

The new generation of players are very different. They are not like the players from the generation of 90’s who had only few options for their future. Imagine that you’re bloody rich like Hui Ruoqi’s family and your only child is also very successful academically. How the local head hunters or the Chines NT can convince you to let your only child to choose a sportive career if you learn from the sensational medias that a young and talented player who had sacrificed her promising academic future “was kicked” out of the Chinese NT because of her injury?

Everybody here agree that the Chinese NT needs to find better option than Yang FangXu. But you like or not, the public perception is also very important. I’m pretty sure Lang Ping understands by far better than us about Yang’s situation. If she’s still with the Chinese NT, it’s because there is a reason.

• The new generation of players are very different. They are not like the players from the generation of 90’s who had only few options for their future. Imagine that you’re bloody rich like Hui Ruoqi’s family and your only child is also very successful academically. How the local head hunters or the Chines NT can convince you to let your only child to choose a sportive career if you learn from the sensational medias that a young and talented player who had sacrificed her promising academic future “was kicked” out of the Chinese NT because of her injury?

Everybody here agree that the Chinese NT needs to find better option than Yang FangXu. But you like or not, the public perception is also very important. I’m pretty sure Lang Ping understands by far better than us about Yang’s situation. If she’s still with the Chinese NT, it’s because there is a reason.

Every athlete will have to sacrifice something to be the best in the game. It is universal for everyone in every country. Not sure why it is different for China just because of a new era. Hui Ruoqi chose to be an athlete on her free will and she earned her masters degree along with it. It is unfortunate her heart problems ended her career. Public perception is still the same for Chinese Women's Volleyball. I don't get why one player will change that perception.

Yang is still with the team because Lang Ping sees potential her but her physical condition is preventing her from even playing. She sat out last year and this year has not played many minutes. From fans perspective, it is time to let her go if she can't recover. This won't change the perception of Chinese Women's Volleyball in anyway. I think you are just being too sentimental.

• Back as in to fully participate and play or to provide assistance in coaching the young middle blockers?

Either way, her experience and skills are very much needed. I hope she has recovered well and no more playing in useless competitions that could further injure her.

I only saw pictures and a clip of her being in practice uniform with the rest of the team. Not sure if she is fully recovered but it is good to see her back. I think still she is the best MB for China even with her injuries. So hopefully she can play more years and not retired because of injuries.

• Every athlete will have to sacrifice something to be the best in the game. It is universal for everyone in every country. Not sure why it is different for China just because of a new era. Hui Ruoqi chose to be an athlete on her free will and she earned her masters degree along with it. It is unfortunate her heart problems ended her career. Public perception is still the same for Chinese Women's Volleyball. I don't get why one player will change that perception.

Yang is still with the team because Lang Ping sees potential her but her physical condition is preventing her from even playing. She sat out last year and this year has not played many minutes. From fans perspective, it is time to let her go if she can't recover. This won't change the perception of Chinese Women's Volleyball in anyway. I think you are just being too sentimental.

OK from fans perspective, since fans always wish their favorite team to have the best players and to win every games. But what about the perceptive of parents who care the future of their child? What assurance you can offer to them? How are you going to convince them to let their talented kid to pursuit his or her sportive career when other options also offering to them?

Sacrifice for something better, Yes. But sacrifice for something inferior or for uncertainty, No.

• So WHAT SHOULD CNT do to her? Should they give her a permanent spot on the team? So many great players have come and gone. That's the way it works. If she doesn't fit the team why shouldnt they try another one?

Of course not!! This is why I said Yang’s situation is a sensitive and complicated topic. I think the CNT should develop some sort of career reorientation program for this kind of situation which will become more and more frequent. This also will help headhunters to convince parents that the future of their kid is still protected even if a bad luck happens to their child. For now, I think someone needs to help Yang to accept her reality and also help her to reorient her future. I’m pretty sure she’s still very useful in CNT, but not as a player.

• I think Lang Ping for sure knows that Yang Fangxu is not a national team prospect anymore, though there must be a logical reason for her to let Yang continue to take part in training. Maybe a possible reason they have her there still is so that Gong Xiangyu doesn't relax and get too comfortable now that she is looking like their starting opposite. Gong still needs to put in work in the gym and train to be more consistent. Even though Yang isn't the same player anymore, she still can share some knowledge and experience with left handed Li Yingying if she does moves to opposite. All I know is that, China should start exploring other possible opposite options since Zeng Chunlei is only getting older and Gong Xiangyu still has to show stability.

• About BRICS Games 2018:

Due to lack of Russia and Brazil, China U21 is the strongest. It has won India by 3-0.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• OK from fans perspective, since fans always wish their favorite team to have the best players and to win every games. But what about the perceptive of parents who care the future of their child? What assurance you can offer to them? How are you going to convince them to let their talented kid to pursuit his or her sportive career when other options also offering to them?

Sacrifice for something better, Yes. But sacrifice for something inferior or for uncertainty, No.

Both players and parents already know they will have to sacrifice to become an athlete. That is already a given. What makes Yang Fangxu's situation any different? Nobody forced her to become an athlete. In the end it's still up to the parents and the children can quit if they don't like it. If there are better options, they will take them.

Nobody will know who Hui Ruoqi will be if she were a regular person. Now she is famous, and have opportunities in both sports world and entertainment industry. Yang Fangxu is very fortunate to have been treated so well all these years with her injuries. The spots she plays is weak so she is lucky in that as well. Not so much for Yang Junjing, who got injured playing a meaningless tournament, and missed out on an Olympic Gold. Her MB position has too many replacements so she is pretty much done.

Back in the old days, athletes just played to make a meal. Now with economy booming, becoming world champions and Olympics champions mean instant millionaire. This era, athletes have more opportunities for education, jobs, etc. What more could you ask for? Yang Fangxu is already getting the special treatment. What more can be done for her if she can't even play? No other country would do that for an athlete. At least I have not seen it. So I can't see in any way Yang Fangxu's situation would tarnish Chinese Women's Volleyball reputation.

• A good news for the Chinese women's volleyball team. Its member, Liu Xiaotong, has been admitted as the graduate student of Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of the most prestigious schools in China. (Sohu Sports 2018-07-17)

Congratulations to Liu, I am happy for her :) Be successful in both sports and study!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• reliable?

Where did they found it?

Yeah accurate, just MINUS Wang Yuanyuan, she's nowhere to be seen in Beilun training center, Ningbo. For sure Wang YY won't participate in the Asian Games. Not quite sure about the later WCH, but most Chinese sport media mentioned the choices will be picked from the current 16 names.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara: Redundant quote ().

• http://www.volleymasters.ch/en…s/chn%20china/team_roster

The wide roster of Montreax 2018:

S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu, Sun Hai-ping

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zeng Chun-lei, Yang Fang-xu, Wu Han

OH - Li Ying-ying, Duan Fang, Liu Xiao-tong, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Yan-han

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Gao Yi, Wang Yuan-yuan, Hu Ming-yuan, Yang Han-yu

L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie, Meng Zi-xuan

I think Zhang Yi-chan is better than Liu Yan-han now but Liu Yan-han is in and she is out.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan